+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2294080;
    Thanks PWS! That's exactly what I meant (and I think you are correct...Izzie and Denny never actually consumated their relationship).
    De nada, Lois! I liked the concept you set up of the circulating STD's nature of the relationships.
    Now Izzie and Denny...that would have been hot...esp. the Denny part. Izzie and George.... not so much.

I still don't quite get how Addison jumped to the conclusion that Izzy slept with a married man. What Izzy said was "I had sex with the wrong person." To me, that could have been Alex (a good guess given their history), Mark (given his man-whore reputation), or anyone really. Addison immediately assumed it was a married man and I think it was a bit sloppy on the writers part.

Sorry, I ran out of time before I could edit.

Is it just me, or do all three facial choices for amnesia girl all look the same? I tried really hard to see the difference but aside from the part in the hair being a little different, I really can't see how it could be such a hard choice. They all look pretty much the same. None were any worse or better, imo.

I do so enjoy Grey's most of the time, but this season has been very subpar with a few bright spots (like the dual proposals and the following eppy). Of course, the second season was a bit like that until the rocking season finale.

I can't buy Izzie and George. It feels so over the top soap opera with everyone sleeping with everyone else. As bad as bold and the beautiful. I mean, I know that Grey's is ultimately a prime-time soap set in a hospital, but there are times it is much better than that.

I did enjoy George's reaction, with the guilt he had with Callie and not wanting to tell her.

I am not a fan of the George/Izzy hook-up, but I just got to watch the show, and here's my take on it (or what I think the writers are wanting us to buy).

Someone said earlier in the thread that they thought Izzy was just lonely and jealous that George wasn't there for her anymore, so she resented Callie and didn't want things to work out there. I agree with that. I don't think she had any sexual/lover/soulmate feelings for George hidden or otherwise. And I think if she had ended up with Denny, George would have stayed a friend and there wouldn't have been a feeling of "something missing."

They just got drunk and exchanged a "look" that caught them off guard but felt like real chemistry, and they were drunk and stupid and decided to find out if the chemistry was as as good as it felt in that instant. It apparently was pretty good sexually, because Izzy is suddenly feeling "not so lonely" and seems sure that George is her new Denny. (Sort of a "Wow, this amazing person was here under my nose the whole time, and I never looked at him that way before.)

I couldn't decide what George was feeling when they had their encounter in the broom closet. He definitely feels guilty, but he also clearly feels deeply about Callie. I don't think he's just being a stand-up guy by wanting to make things work with her. I couldn't tell if George was "feeling it" with Izzy once he remembered what they had done?

Any opinions on that? Anyone pick up something I missed on the George side?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I only watched the sex scene flashback with 1 eye open - it was too strange for me. I know they are not related, but it didn't feel right to me. Izzy is very strange this season - the writing has her wise one moment and being very silly/immature the next.

For whomever was wondering why Derek was so distracted, it's because he's not sure that Meredith's out of the woods yet psychologically.

He knows her emotional scars are deep, and he knows that she gave up when she was in the water, which basically means she was suicidal. He feels like he has to be watching out all the time to make sure that she's really OK, and he finds it disturbing and distracting.

I'm not sure what he meant when he said he didn't know where he would be in ten years, though.... Maybe just that he used to think he knew what he was up to, and now he knows how ambiguous life is and doesn't believe he can predict it.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2294292;
    Is it just me, or do all three facial choices for amnesia girl all look the same? I tried really hard to see the difference but aside from the part in the hair being a little different, I really can't see how it could be such a hard choice. They all look pretty much the same. None were any worse or better, imo.
    It may just be me, but I'd chosen the one Alex named Eva as my preference when they were first shown, believing that it was more animated??? than the other two. Didn't surprise me that she opted for it, but then again Alex seemed to have sold that one more effectively than the others when connecting a history to each face. Which I could have imagined as well, already prefering the face

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2294387;
    I couldn't decide what George was feeling when they had their encounter in the broom closet. He definitely feels guilty, but he also clearly feels deeply about Callie. I don't think he's just being a stand-up guy by wanting to make things work with her. I couldn't tell if George was "feeling it" with Izzy once he remembered what they had done?

Any opinions on that? Anyone pick up something I missed on the George side?
    While I'll grant that George is feeling guilty, I'm uncertain how deeply his feelings for Callie actually go. Personally, I don't sense a true bond to her on his part, nothing more permanent or seared to the soul than the bond from a summer fling.

I wasn't surprised that he opted to keep his lip zipped instead of inflicting a confession on Callie, wasn't at all surprised that Izzie suggested such a selfish and hurtful act to compound their drunken frolicing prior to determining whether they were one night stand asses or whether their lowlife character is more pronounced than that.

Sure enough one of them will blab in the next day or two, because the sun does revolve around them. What DID surprise me was that George didn't jump Izzie in the closet. I was certain he was going to more than once.

Unlike many if not most other individuals, these two grow from mistakes it seems only when the primary harm befalls another, not themselves.

I actually liked this episode for the most part, even including these two that irk me to no end. I'm not sure who irritates more, but I was focused more on George last night. There in the closet, it seemed like he was headed off for another connection with as much thought given to it and his next and last partner as a pinball would give to the differents spots it touches all too briefly before moving on. He gave no considered thought to entering a *cough* permanent relationship with Callie, and now that someone is on hand that'll scratch him like Callie hasn't, he's already primed to move on.

Head on, George. You won't be missed by Callie, just loathed.

If George was oozing booze from his pores to the degree indicated, I doubt he was feeling much of anything that day beyond sick as a putrid puking dog.

As twisted as Izzie is, I'd still like to hear her verbalize what is so great about George these days in her view, as well as the same about her from him. They are both head cases, she's attractive enough if her mouth is shut, but I don't see what makes him attractive internally or externally these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2294670;
    For whomever was wondering why Derek was so distracted, it's because he's not sure that Meredith's out of the woods yet psychologically.
    I sure hope she's not out of the woods yet, because otherwise her flippant 'Dead mom's proud' addition to her verbal chest would have me offering to drive her to the pier. Hearing that twice (or more?) in one episode as delivered was TOO much. I didn't like it. Not one little bit.

I liked the bit about Mark allowing her to assist, from all angles, his, hers, and Derek's. All of them did themselves proud in their own way. I particulary liked Mark's explanation when she called him to task for his motives. I'd never have figured I'd grow to respect his character as I am. Seems like the writers took a liking to him and Alex right about the time they started imagining elevator shaft accidents for Izzie and George.

Pays to be nice, or at least convincingly act nice to dispatchers as well as writers holding your livelihood at the tip of their pens.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2294706;
    I sure hope she's not out of the woods yet, because otherwise her flippant 'Dead mom's proud' addition to her verbal chest would have me offering to drive her to the pier. Hearing that twice (or more?) in one episode as delivered was TOO much. I didn't like it. Not one little bit.
    I agree. Derek looked so sad when he said she would've made her mother proud. She looked happy. It was an odd thing to say.

I am sure Shonda will break this couple up in the next season or two, and I think it'll be better. Ultimately, I think they'll end up together, but I think for the show to move on, it's got to create major tension between the primary couple.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    As for the "Dead Mom's proud" statement...that would not necessarily be an unusual statement from a medical person. They have different/strange senses of humor. Sounded about right to me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread