+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Never! Dead people probably don't shave. And if he did, I'd bring him back and kill him all over again
    I likes me some scruff.

Mr Nerd:

Maybe a slight resemblance?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Mr. Nerd is no Nerd. And he's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hotter than Denny. You're a lucky Mrs. Nerd! (and he's lucky to have you!)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    okay, so i've been avoiding this thread because i hadn't watched parts 2 and 3 of the show until late last night. part 3 was so-so ... the whole dead people conversations bored me and went on way too long for my taste, but part 2? omg, i was bawling me some serious tears. seeing derrick crying like he was just sent me over the edge! i love that guy's eyes when he looks at a woman ... and then to see him cry just melted my heart.
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 02-24-2007 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2254269;
    Mr. Nerd is no Nerd. And he's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hotter than Denny. You're a lucky Mrs. Nerd! (and he's lucky to have you!)
    *lol* I'm inclined to agree! For the most part... Denny still trumps him on the sexy deep voice though

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I know and accept that show creators and writers will take some creative license with reality, but imo, Shonda Rimes is taking soap opera -sized license with Grey's lately. Best Week Ever talked about how all of the surgeons were focusing on Meredith (who didn't need surgery) in spite of the dozens or hundreds of ferry crash victims. They also joked about how Meredith woke up "just fine."

I'm willing to suspend belief if the writing and storylines can draw the focus away, but I have really been disappointed with the past few episodes. Like others have mentioned, the general practice clinic, the neonatal doctor trying to bring Meredith back to life... Did Shonda run out of good surgery related story-lines?

I know I will be accused of show bashing and wasting my time even watching the show, but this isn't a fan site and we can discuss critiques. I want to show to do well.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2254564;
    I know and accept that show creators and writers will take some creative license with reality, but imo, Shonda Rimes is taking soap opera -sized license with Grey's lately. Best Week Ever talked about how all of the surgeons were focusing on Meredith (who didn't need surgery) in spite of the dozens or hundreds of ferry crash victims. They also joked about how Meredith woke up "just fine."
    that's kind of what i didn't like about part 3 ... it was just TOO hokey.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2254573;
    that's kind of what i didn't like about part 3 ... it was just TOO hokey.
    It was too convenient of an ending and too much of a stunt. I want the old Grey's back.

FORT Fogey

I'm willing to suspend belief if the writing and storylines can draw the focus away, but I have really been disappointed with the past few episodes. Like others have mentioned, the general practice clinic, the neonatal doctor trying to bring Meredith back to life... Did Shonda run out of good surgery related story-lines?

I know I will be accused of show bashing and wasting my time even watching the show, but this isn't a fan site and we can discuss critiques. I want to show to do well.

I completely agree with you! And I don't even think I can be kind enough to allow Shonda the excuse of running out of surgery stories -- the stories I've enjoyed most on the show have had nothing to do with surgery! I enjoy the relationships between all the characters. If the patient stories were nothing but background, I'd be totally fine with that.

I watched every episode of seasons 1 & 2, but I had not watched this show all season until this last one. It was painfully hokey and unrealistic. I suppose that had I watched the episodes leading up to it, it wouldn't have been so bad. But on it's own -- just terrible. Had anything else been on, I would have changed channels.

I started thinking that Meredith must have jumped over a shark when she fell into the water. Let's hope not.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2254641;
    I started thinking that Meredith must have jumped over a shark when she fell into the water. Let's hope not.
    Nice! I can't believe someone was able to actually use that line
    Good job

+ Reply to Thread