+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

So, er, I really don't want to be the one to post this because I think it's still a terribly bad idea. But I guess they're apparently moving full steam ahead on testing out her own show..

Taye Diggs joins "Grey's Anatomy" spinoff By Nellie Andreeva
    Thu Feb 22, 2:18 AM ET
    LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Taye Diggs will star opposite Kate Walsh in ABC's potential spinoff from hit medical drama "Grey's Anatomy."

The show will test the waters as a back-door pilot, an expanded two-hour episode of "Grey's" slated to air in May. It will center on neonatal surgeon Addison Shepherd (Walsh), a character who has enjoyed a strong following from fans since she was introduced at the end of the hot surgical drama's first season.

It is understood that the back-door pilot episode will feature Shepherd on the verge of leaving Seattle Grace, a scenario that will be triggered if ABC goes with the spinoff for next season. There were no details on the character Diggs will play.

"Grey's" creator/executive producer Shonda Rhimes is writing the episode and is expected to shepherd the potential series. Meanwhile, Rhimes' other ABC pilot, about female journalists, has been pushed to a summer production start.

Diggs' casting in the "Gray" spinoff stems from a new talent holding deal he recently signed with ABC TV Studio, where "Grey's Anatomy" is based. He starred in two drama series for the studio, "Kevin Hill" for UPN and "Day Break" for ABC.
    Source: Yahoo News

Premium Member
    I'd watch if Taye Diggs is going to be on.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    He's going to need all of the support he can get. I hear he's about to be single!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2252083;
    He's going to need all of the support he can get. I hear he's about to be single!
    I thought he and Idina would last. I hope they can work it out.

If the spin-off fails, maybe they could add Taye to the Grey's cast.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2252096;
    If the spin-off fails, maybe they could add Taye to the Grey's cast.
    I'd rather see that than the spin-off.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Wow - Taye Diggs going to be single - I wish I was in a world where I could meet him . I'll def watch him.

Ok, it's only a one show gig to see "if" it would stand? That's still a dicey move because GA fans will tune into the first one regardless. Walsh has been gaining fans while other cast members have been losing fans. Why on earth would you cut loose the one actress who keeps us tuning in?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Yeah, I really don't like this idea. At all. Biggest fear here is that they go ahead with the spinoff, and they pull it after six months or a year because it flops, and it's too late to bring her back to Grey's. And while I think Kate Walsh is capable of being the main character, the supporting cast is equally important (if not more), and that's pretty much a crap shoot.

Okay, if I'm getting this right, the reason Bonnie, Bomb guy and Denny are there is because they want her to admit that she just willingly let herself go like in the tub. See Bomb guy, Denny and Bonnie, they didn't choose to die. Merideth seemed to want it. That's what they're trying to get her to admit. I don't understand the whole "We're running out of time." thing but whatever. Anway, I almost wish there were no commercials so we can just hurry up already and find out what happens.
    ETA: Okay I am really hating these stupid commercial interruptions just when things get really really intense!
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 02-22-2007 at 09:40 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The running out of time thing is probably because after a certain amount of time of a persons body being dead, the brain gets too damaged and there is no going back.

Tonight's episode was Dennyriffic
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread