+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

It's a horrid idea. She works perfectly right where she is.

Plus, it also tells us she won't win the Chief position. Way to let the cat out of the bag, Disney Doorknobs!

And a pilot by May? Good greedy grief, people!

Could this be some kind of knee jerk plan they put quickly into place because things are falling apart on the Grey's set and they want to try and hedge their bets by setting up a semi-replacement?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Having a spin-off is a very bad idea. First of all, Addison no longer uses Shepard as part of her name. Second of all, if they do another show with her then that tells us any hook-up she may have with Alex will be short-lived (unless they continue to see each other off camera and just references are made). And third, it's just a very bad idea (I know, I already said that).
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I take it Shondra Rimes won't have anything to do with this one?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I would watch just for her (obviously) but i don't support this. Totally superfluous.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2249953;

Could this be some kind of knee jerk plan they put quickly into place because things are falling apart on the Grey's set and they want to try and hedge their bets by setting up a semi-replacement?
    It was the second portion of what I quoted from your post that I was going to settle on indicating my inclination to agree, but starting to separate out the rest of your post I realized the first two lines of yours above are the ones that count more than any other possible projection.

May pilot. Sweeps month. Rake in a bit of cash perhaps, but I'm guessing the ratings are what they are more interested in, and if the show lasts no more than 4 episodes, it will have served its primary purpose, to temporarily jack up the networks ratings when the value relating to viewship is at its highest level. Whatever ad rates the show would earn for its time period on the day it aired would be bequeathed to whatever programming followed it for the next couple of months at least, right?

Regardless of ratings, which obviously they'd hope to be high rather than low, I'd expect them to yank it just as soon as May became June, because a show based on Addison would leech off Grey's Anatomy rather than augmenting it in a supportive way.

I just don't personally view Grey's Anatomy overall health as being so vibrant at this stage to risk the danger associated with figuatively donating 3 or 4 pints of its blood in a single session.

Addison the character might not be that critical a potential loss to Grey's overall health (though I prefer her character over ANY of the residents), but the divided focus implied in a spin-off at a point in time where one of Grey's Anatomy's primary issues is that it is drifting along without headed anywhere doesn't strike me as the best time to raise this notion up the flagpole to see who salutes (as the ad man in the original 12 Angry Men would say).

Here's some funny titles for the spin-off, posted at tvguide.com. I like "A" the best (and yes, I know the titles listed are for kicks)

TV Guide Community: Add Medicine: ABC to Debut <I>Grey's</i> Spin-off?

Though unconfirmed by ABC, the Wall Street Journal in its "Ask Greenspan" TV scoops column? is reporting that ABC is pursuing a spin-off of Grey's Anatomy, with a two-hour pilot to likely air in May. This additional dose of the popular drama would star every guy Mer has slept wi-.... Nah, that cast is too big. Actually, says the WSJ, it will be fronted by Kate Walsh's Addison. Meaning your choice of titles is:

A) "Montgomery's Ward"
    B) "Addison by Subtraction" or
    C) "Ad' About You"
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2249953;
    It's a horrid idea. She works perfectly right where she is.

Plus, it also tells us she won't win the Chief position. Way to let the cat out of the bag, Disney Doorknobs!

Couldn't agree more Krom. This is a stupid idea. I like exactly where she is on the show
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I agree that this seems to be a wrong move. What's the point?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic
    hey leftcoaster - love your posts!

Thank you kindly, babyfat101

+ Reply to Thread