+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I was referring to the comments about how boring and what a snoozefest it is. But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Little tidbit i ran across today:

Click to see Spoiler:
    2 deaths on GA: Sources say Meredith is the one who dies but will be revived and that her mother will be the permanent death.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fanatic
    still interested, but record it and watch it "whenever"...no hurry ... like i was in the first 2 seasons.

I enjoy Grey's but they always are on the brink of greatness and then do some snoozefest episodes and/or stretch reality too far or something that makes them lower to the level of a guilty pleasure. Sometimes the melodrama seems too forced, especially when it definitely knows how to create organic melodrama that mesmerizes you.

I totally agree that the free clinic is ridiculous, and don't think that surgeons really have the skill set to deal with that the way ER or family practitioners do. This three episode arc is totally boring and ridiculous. Plus, there is zero suspense because we all KNOW that Meredith is not going to die. Burke, maybe.

Now, possibly this will set up an interesting situation for people to show some real feelings, like Christina. She is so controlled that when she shows emotions I find it moving. Maybe even McDreamy will show some emotion rather than just goo goo eyes. It may also possibly set up a fracture in the romance department.

I also agree about House. I think with a little effort, we wouldn't have to suspend disbelief so much to enjoy the powerhouse performance that is Hugh Laurie. I really enjoy the character study of House and all of the cast around him. Every now and then I enjoy the medical mystery.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2246122;
    I was referring to the comments about how boring and what a snoozefest it is. But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Ah.. that makes sense.

Another little detail I noticed the other night during the rerun of the bomb episode, was that when Bailey was having her baby I noticed she had huge, long, red nails. Artificial nails are a huge no no in hospitals, but even if they were real, there's no way a surgeon would have nails like that.

The blogs at greyswriters are great and it's interesting to read Shonda's thought process about her characters.

FORT Newbie
    Another little detail I noticed the other night during the rerun of the bomb episode, was that when Bailey was having her baby I noticed she had huge, long, red nails. Artificial nails are a huge no no in hospitals, but even if they were real, there's no way a surgeon would have nails like that.

Bailey had been on maternity leave when she went into labor... she was just back for the day because her interns kept running off the people that were sent to cover Baileys spot... So she could have had red nails because she hadn't been working...
    Last edited by melisashack; 02-19-2007 at 12:45 AM. Reason: didn't highlight previous comment
    Melisa Shackelford

I was shocked to see Denny and the BombSquad guy at the end of the episode! But the rest of the episode was boring. Maybe TPTB will let Meredith die off and then they will run a whole parallel-universe thing, with half the show being about Seattle Grace Hospital and the other half of the show being about all the people who've DIED in Seattle Grace Hospital; ie. their "after-life". And maybe Meredith will get together with dead Bomb Squad guy. I'd rather watch that than watch her back with McDreamy.

All the storylines in the Grey's Anatomy living world are un-interesting.

And now Addison is becoming attracted to that callous male intern? (sorry, forgot his name) Gimme a break, she can't be that desperate or dumb.

I just found this thread! How lame am I? I need to get out more...lol.

This is, hands down, my favorite show. Even when there is a bad episode. The whole episode Thursday was worth it just to see Denny again. (see avatar) Yum. Yum. Yum. I'm hoping he appears again next Thursday. It's likely since that is where the show ended. With Denny. *sigh*

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Leftcoaster, I forgot it was sweeps. That explains the 3-episode disaster storyline. I guess you try to get new viewers with sweeps, and you take a chance that that may leave current viewers disappointed or happily amazed. I really liked the bomb episodes, but I don't like these. The ratings were still great, so at least we don't have to worry about it being canceled and we can hope for the old Grey's magic to come back after sweeps.

+ Reply to Thread