+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    If there were swim attempts, even if you don't know how, there would have been a lot of flailing about.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by jette66;2245570;
    Has anyone considered that maybe Meredith didn't know how to swim?
    Nope. No one.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2245397;
    I also agree. I skipped this last episode all together. I don't see why some of these storylines will take 3 episodes to resolve. ER could have gotten the disaster and more plot twists thrown in with just one hour. I watch Grey's for the character storylines with some medical plots thrown in, not for emergency room drama. Where is the ER at Seattle Grace? The surgeons seem to do almost everything in that hospital.

Because ER is about Emergency Room physicians and Grey's Anatomy is about a group of surgical residents?

This show seems to focus more on the intertwined and outside lives of the residents/attendings themselves with some interaction with patients. ER seems to focus more on the medical drama and the effect it has on the docs and then weaves in the personal drama of their lives.

I am ok with this season so far but I do think it is far fetched to send surgeons to a disaster site. I would think they would be waiting for the ER and paramedic teams to bring them in so they could perform all the necessary surgeries. But then how could they get Meredith in the water? Might have been better to send one set of attending and resident to the site to perform an emergency surgery on the trapped guy and have her fall in the water from there. I just didn't buy the whole sending the surgeons out to an er call. Who knows? I know they have medical technical teams to give them feedback. So maybe that would be the proper call.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2245593;
    Nope. No one.
    I thought about Osten from Survivor, do I get half credit?

Even if one couldn't swim a lick, I'd expect them to show a little more motivated movement than I witnessed from Meredith, assuming I was little blond girl spacey, mezmerized or entertained to the point that I just idly stood and witnessed their entire drowning sequence.

I came (in my terrified view at the time) close to drowning once, I doubt the look on my face approximated Meredith looking as if she had nothing worth considering or doing more important than deciding whether she'd eat leftovers or order out for dinner tonight, and though it seemed like I wasn't making any motion in one regard, that directly connected to my weak swimmer impending panic, noting that for all the effort I was exerting to get closer to the safety of the boat off shore, the direction of the current was negating my failing efforts.

When Osten lost his confidence in the ability to stay afloat during the challenge, he didn't accept it and go down quietly, and I doubt he and most others would do it whether they were surrounded by others or out for a swim by their little lonely.

Editing to add: The injured guy that sent Meredith out for a soak? I didn't see or hear any indicator that he's been in the water. Is that a known fact, or assumed speculation by those speaking of him making his way fromn the water?
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 02-18-2007 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2245786;
    Editing to add: The injured guy that sent Meredith out for a soak? I didn't see or hear any indicator that he's been in the water. Is that a known fact, or assumed speculation by those speaking of him making his way fromn the water?
    As far as I can remember he was just writhing on the dock area/edge of the water and they did not show him coming out of the water. I could be wrong though.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I also agree. I skipped this last episode all together. I don't see why some of these storylines will take 3 episodes to resolve. ER could have gotten the disaster and more plot twists thrown in with just one hour. I watch Grey's for the character storylines with some medical plots thrown in, not for emergency room drama. Where is the ER at Seattle Grace? The surgeons seem to do almost everything in that hospital.
    And now they have a surgical resident and all of the interns running a free General Practice clinic

Sometimes the suspension of disbelief takes a lot of effort.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I don't see why some of these storylines will take 3 episodes to resolve.
    I don't it involves anything more than dragging out content in an attempt to generate and retain viewship during a month related to officially assessing numbers to determine what the going rate for advertisers should be.

It didn't dawn on me till last night that this being February it is a sweeps type month for those purposes, explaining to some degree why the show stretched its content into a 3 part artificial MUST WATCH snoozefest instead of making one or two episodes that might otherwise have been superior product.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2245898;
    And now they have a surgical resident and all of the interns running a free General Practice clinic

Sometimes the suspension of disbelief takes a lot of effort.
    This is the same reason why I stopped watching House. That particular hospital doesn't seem to have any nurses, lab techs, x-ray techs or pharmacists because that small group of doctors does it all, and to me it's just nowhere near believeable. Just like it's not that believeable that a surgical resident would even think of opening up a free GP clinic. I'm not giving up on Grey's yet though, there's still enough about it that I love so I'll be there next week to see how this all plays out.

Wow, for some folks who aren't interested in the show, you guys sure are spending some serious time discussing it.

Sure, it is flawed, but personally, I am still very engrossed in the storyline. I don't care that it isn't 100% accurate with what goes on in a hospital. I like that the medical situations are simply vehicles for the characters to examine their own lives and reactions, etc.

I agree that it would be pretty bold to kill off the main character while the show is going strong, but I don't think they will have Meredith die (permanently, anyway). I hope she doesn't.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2246072;
    Wow, for some folks who aren't interested in the show, you guys sure are spending some serious time discussing it.
    Well, I know I have never said that I'm not interested in it.

+ Reply to Thread