+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree730Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2244402;
    Given that they showed her head breaking the surface, her eyes open, and her taking a big gasp before sinking back down, she was clearly at least conscious after she hit. She could have still been stunned, of course, but it clearly wasn't an all or nothing situation.
    ooops, I had forgotten about that. Thanks, krom.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fanatic
    speedbump - i'm totally with you. i have been disappointed all season [yet i continue to watch]. i want to see the wittiness [sp?] and love stories. this season has been way too much outlandish drama. what a downer this has been for me. i record it and then speed thru during the serious speeches...ie...izzy at the end of this last episode. AND come on, NO ONE believes that mere is doing to pass on. sheesh.

The only way that Shonda can really redeem this season in my eyes is if she does what nobody honestly expects her to do - kill Meridith for good, and pulls it off without killing the show in the process.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

I guess I disagree with a lot of people who watch the show. I like the talking, there isn't enough talking on a lot of tv shows. If I just wanted wittiness and love stories I'd still be watching Desperate Housewives. I like a show that makes me think (although Grey's is more on the lighter side of that). I like the comedy (and every episode has some so matter how serious), in the drama there is always the love of the characters for each other or their jobs.

I think Meredith's near-death experience (I doubt she will die) or whatever you want to call it will change her character for the better and the others without ruining the show in the process.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;2245246;
    I guess I disagree with a lot of people who watch the show. I like the talking, there isn't enough talking on a lot of tv shows. If I just wanted wittiness and love stories I'd still be watching Desperate Housewives. I like a show that makes me think (although Grey's is more on the lighter side of that). I like the comedy (and every episode has some so matter how serious), in the drama there is always the love of the characters for each other or their jobs.
    Most of the disillusionment with recent episodes isn't because of the talking, I think. The talking isn't that bad (with the exception of Izzie's asinine speech). It's the predictable cliches they are falling into, the reduced level of originality, the pure volume of the hype of the show,and the blatantness of the manipulation in several of the current plots.

Of course there's far from a consensus on this, but that's the feeling I've gotten.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2245338;
    Most of the disillusionment with recent episodes isn't because of the talking, I think. The talking isn't that bad (with the exception of Izzie's asinine speech). It's the predictable cliches they are falling into, the reduced level of originality, the pure volume of the hype of the show,and the blatantness of the manipulation in several of the current plots.

Of course there's far from a consensus on this, but that's the feeling I've gotten.
    It's not just you...I agree completely.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

FORT Fan
    she was also wearing a LOT of clothing since it was freezing out, plus her shoes...so im sure it was tough for a girl of what maybe 100-120 pounds to swim in freezing cold weather with a lot of weight on her shoulders from her clothing.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2245338;

I also agree. I skipped this last episode all together. I don't see why some of these storylines will take 3 episodes to resolve. ER could have gotten the disaster and more plot twists thrown in with just one hour. I watch Grey's for the character storylines with some medical plots thrown in, not for emergency room drama. Where is the ER at Seattle Grace? The surgeons seem to do almost everything in that hospital.

I can't swim, I don't know how to dog paddle, I am not sure I would have faired better than Meridith. She came up for air at least twice. I am not sure if I am gasping for breath if I would risk wasting some to shout out in such a hopeless situation. It seemed to me that she was a good eight feet or more down in the water. There is noise and choas on the pier. How the hell the injured guy got up there I don't know.

Regarding Meridith being such a downer. It wasn't that long ago that she was almost blown up and hasn't really delt with that. Her estranged and absent Dad has been at the hospital for someone other than her and doesn't show any regret for not being a part of her life. (His wife shows 100x more warth towards Meridith than her dad does.) And her Mother has moments of lucidity and uses them to ream her a new one. I think if the character were being played differently I would be disappointed.

That said, I expect she will survive and be changed by the experience. It can be a way for her to deal with all the lost she has experienced.

And yes the show has gotten very predictable in a cliched way. But I am still fond of the characters so I will stick it out and hope they can get back to 1st Season underdog magic.

And the sooner Christina dumps Burke the better. Really a bad time for Burke to be such a jerk. Actor jerk + Character jerk = bad combination.

George is burying his grief in his relationship with Callie. Is it a mistake, most likely, but it is how he is dealing/not dealing with it. Time will tell how thier relationship will evolve or die. But Callie was the one whose parent didn't just die, if someone should have put the breaks on, it should have been her. Izzy is part right, but wrong to state it. And is coming from a selfish place.

And I think the show jumped the shark with the whole Denny/LVAD situation. This season's need of redeeming of Izzy is a big part of what is wrong with this season. And I adore Izzy.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Has anyone considered that maybe Meredith didn't know how to swim?

+ Reply to Thread