+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2244212;
    Will we ever have an episode that doesn't refer to Denny?

Heck, at this point I even want more story on George.
    Live Denny was an ok enough guy. Dead Denny is such a show irritant that I'd like to off him if he weren't already dead. Instead, I'm left to increasingly be apathetic at best towards the dead lovin' Izzy, but I'm starting to hope she pairs up with Denny sooner than later after a long life of annoying others.

I get a kick out of your glowing testimonial honoring the character George.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2244212;
    What happened to the witty humor and snappy comebacks mixed with subtle emotion that hooked us in the first season? Did the writers get off the wacky weed? Are they no longer doing Jello shots? Was va-jay-jay the last word in their funny book? Will we ever have an episode that doesn't refer to Denny?

I just shrugged over the Meredith plot. I saw that one coming from a mile away and I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer. I'd like to see more on Alex and Addison, the McSteamy guy and Izzie (as a love plot) and less Meredith. Heck, at this point I even want more story on George.

I know I'm against the grain which is why I try not to post much in here. This show was really clever at a time when we needed clever. I want clever back!
    No. You are dead on. Last night's episode was a big ol' bag of suck. Contrived. Manipulative. Predictable. Not particularly clever.

Compare this to the Superbowl episode (and its followup) from last year. Those episodes were clever, interesting, unpredictable and genuinely touching. This mess, on the other hand, was total shlock.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;2244051;
    sorry if this has been asked/answered...but...who is kyle chandler?
    Not only is Kyle Chandler the guy who got blown into pink mist on this show, but he also plays the coach on "Friday Night Lights".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan
    I enjoy this show and like all the characters on this show including Meridith,which is why I watch it. I hope they do not kill her off.I have not heard any rumors about Ellen leaving the show,so? What I hope they do is have Meredith go through a near death experience in which she takes a hard look at herself and her life,( like Scrooge ,but Denny and Kyle Chandler character replacing ghosts of Xmas). From this she gains insight and awareness about herself,so when she gains conciousness and recovers she has a new attitude about life.It would then be nice to see her character be more upbeat ,witty and bring more humor to the show. Maybe the writers can create plot drama without it being a Meredith downer scenerio.

I can't imagine they would kill her off and if having a near death experience makes her more peppy, then I'm for it. She's such a downer and I don't see what Derek likes about her. Wish she would do something with her hair, it's too mousey brown.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar
    Hey Phoenix Gal, who is that in your avatar?
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

For the one who said that it looked like Meridith didnt even try to save herself in the water: whoever said that the water was cold, you are correct. Puget Sound stays constantly in the mid 40's temperature wise. It only shifts about 2 degrees or so between summer and winter. And i think that only after a half hour, hypothermia sets in. Her body could have been in shock from the cold, and that could explain the lack of action on her part.

See... Having to take aspects of Washington State History since about 1st grade has made an imprint on my mind!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Perhaps she was in the water for more than a half hour. It seemed to take Spaced Girl about a minute or more (at best) to deign to give any indicator her senses were tracking the action on Planet Earth instead of Bizzaro.

I suppose its possible Meredith valiantly fought to stay afloat in a manner not shown even though I personally doubt it. If she did, why did the show intentionally give no visual indication that she had? There'd have to be a reason behind that, one that doesn't come to my mind, and I'm generally good enough when it comes to imagining.

Any ideas, anyone?

I'm not wavering from believing she just gave in. If hypothermia sets in in that environment in even half the time you allowed for, she'd still have 10 minutes or more to flail about. If the water was all but instantly incapacitating, then how did Dreamy avoid joining her in a watery tomb? What are the odds that he dived in the the precise spot she happened to be on his first attempt? He was in the water and could function well enough to save her. I didn't think to notice as he walked up the ramp carrying Meredith, was he wearing shoes?

Meredith was healthy even if she's lacking a bit of meat on her bones I believe would better serve her, she should have been able to function to some degree; and yet she didn't.

I wonder if she had fallen in such a manner that knocked her out upon impact? I didn't really gauge how high that dock was above the water... Just a thought.

Darnit... why aren't they showing last night's episode again tonight? Instead they're showing the one where they had the woman screaming incessantly in the ER until Alex finally got in her face and screamed back at her. Loved that scene.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2244396;
    I wonder if she had fallen in such a manner that knocked her out upon impact? I didn't really gauge how high that dock was above the water... Just a thought.
    Given that they showed her head breaking the surface, her eyes open, and her taking a big gasp before sinking back down, she was clearly at least conscious after she hit. She could have still been stunned, of course, but it clearly wasn't an all or nothing situation.

Perhaps what people joke about with her so much really was supposed to be a factor--her total lack of body fat. Combine that with another inevitable fact of most ocean accessible bodies of water--currents. A strong current, and a weak swimmer, could have easily kept someone from shore.

Of course, we are expecting a crappy and badly written episode to make sense. Maybe it just didn't.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread