+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

  1. #3111
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2243315;
    I lost it earlier than that, when the chief had to push Derek out of the room. Then I really lost it when I saw someone walking up to Derek (thinking they were telling him that Meredith was gone) and then cried even HARDER when it was Sloan, and he put his hand on Derek.
    That's when I lost it too Callie. I felt so bad for him. You could see the love and compassion in his eyes. Then when the person walked up behind him, I thought it was someone to tell him they lost her, only to be wrong. And I have to hand it to Mark for being there for his friend even though they weren't getting along.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  2. #3112
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,118
    Great example of how real friends can have a serious falling out, but still remain friends and be there for each other when things get really heavy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  3. #3113
    hellooooooo sher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    dallas, fer sure
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,552
    i guess i'm in the minority, but i LOVED this episode! yeah, it's still in the depressed state that the show has been in the last few weeks, but it still emotionally affects me and doesn't bore me in any way. i didn't like izzy's "i believe" speech any better than anyone else, but i was glad for her to break the sadness. watching mcdreamy sitting on the floor near tears was too much for me.

  4. #3114
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15,826
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2243540;
    So the whole gang gets paged because Meredith is in trouble - are they all on her emergency notification form? And the O.R. nurse tells Izzy that she'll want to take the page. Uh, not if it's my brain she's operating on :nono .
    Part of the reason they all got paged may have been simply because it was a code. There is usually a set list of medical personnel who respond to all codes so they are automatically paged when it happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Generally I like Burke, but sometimes it seems like he goes out of his way being dense. I acknowledge that Mars - Venus differences do exist, that it now and again hinders if not completely blocks effective communication between women and men, but Christina's "She's my person" isn't something only women should appreciate the meaning of, especially after it is explained as Christina did. Instead, Burke does some internal between the lines projecting and determines that the dead body illustration pertains to him in his relationship with Christina. What insecurity, what lack of self esteem to jump so easily to that conclusion.

    He also made that TREMENDOUS blunder relating to letting the word out that he and Christina had gotten engaged, not in telling Dream Boy, but in making light and dismissing the importance in Christina's mind of being able to tell her best bud first. To him the event was already past and wasn't a biggie. He multiplies the negative yield of his understandable enough goof by instead of seeing just how important it was to be properly contrite in admitting he'd made a mistake, he turns it around and negatively paints Christina as the one that had failed by wanting to share with Merideth, suggesting that her agreeing to marry him was in actuality just a provisional offering, that she still wasn't commited. Hasn't this guy ever had a girlfriend before, or a sister?
    I agree with you on this, Leftcoaster. If Burke is that selfish and insensitive that he can't appreciate the fact that Christina actually has feelings for someone other than herself (and him, of course), well then Christina should run far, far away and not marry him. I can see this sort of thing getting in the way and keeping them from actually getting married.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-16-2007 at 01:03 PM.

  5. #3115
    FORT Fogey Leftcoaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2243500;
    When you say she looks familiar, perhaps you're recognizing her from her blip in Meet the Parents? She played the airline desk attendant who wouldn't let Ben Stiller on the plane when he was trying to leave.......
    Yes, yes, yes! Thanks for the memory. Recalling now, I was pretty certain seeing her in the movie that I'd seen her previously, otherwise viewing her hilariously officiousness in Meet the Parents would have been a love at first sight moment.

  6. #3116
    Peeking In Duxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    looking for a deal on evilBay
    Posts
    6,052
    I was bored with last night's epi. I think they probably could have put everything into 2 episodes instead of 3.
    Izzie is getting on my last nerve. How dare she condescend to George tell him he made a mistake. George didn't ask for her opinion she judged him and their marriage - I think it's just sour grapes because she misses George.
    George is gonna get his butt kicked, he's being totally unprofessional with Callie - even calling her Callie in surgery - to be fair though, he would have begged any surgeon that was working on a 7 yr old boy to look at the picture.
    AskAusiello said that Derek would not be the one to save Meredith - sorry but I think rescuing her is saving her, maybe Mere will have to save her self. She'll have to find the will to live, with her past antics in the bathtub last episode I'm with Leftcoaster - I think Meredith gave up and gave in. Yeah, hypothermia could have played a part but I really don't think she tried hard enough -she didn't want to live, I mean like WANT it, be hungry for it, be willing to fight for her life. Now she is faced with 2 men that were struck down in their prime and they really wanted to live, I hope she has to face what she was willing to give up.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

  7. #3117
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,118
    I'm embarrassed to ask, but I must...who was the second guy, not Kyle Chandler, that Meredith saw??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #3118
    A Meat Loaf Aday... ClosetNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    2,946
    DENNY!!! ...the reason Izzy has 8.7 million dollars.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

  9. #3119
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2243819;
    Now she is faced with 2 men that were struck down in their prime and they really wanted to live, I hope she has to face what she was willing to give up.
    Um, if Kyle Chandler was there, I'm not sure I'd want to leave him...

  10. #3120
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,118
    Thank you...I feel totally foolish now!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.