+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

  1. #3101
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandy
    her dark twisty self
    This is how Shondra described Meredith on the blog. It's a pretty good description I think.

  2. #3102
    FORT Fogey Leftcoaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,229
    I didn't see much in this episode I cared for.

    I'm increasingly liking Addison who I consider one of the two beauties on the show, Bailey being the other.

    Alex is growing on me for his emergent heart, and he did a good enough job of the bad job thrust upon him matching names to victims, but he really blew it in how he dealt with the pregnant womans husband. He should have at least allowed the guy to steel himself to the prospect that she might not have made it by saying they had two pregnant victims, one that survived and one that did not. Rather than posting pictures of the dead on the wall, I think I'd rather he reserved that pile for those compelled personally to view them after not seeing their loved ones in the survivor pics.

    Generally I like Burke, but sometimes it seems like he goes out of his way being dense. I acknowledge that Mars - Venus differences do exist, that it now and again hinders if not completely blocks effective communication between women and men, but Christina's "She's my person" isn't something only women should appreciate the meaning of, especially after it is explained as Christina did. Instead, Burke does some internal between the lines projecting and determines that the dead body illustration pertains to him in his relationship with Christina. What insecurity, what lack of self esteem to jump so easily to that conclusion.

    He also made that TREMENDOUS blunder relating to letting the word out that he and Christina had gotten engaged, not in telling Dream Boy, but in making light and dismissing the importance in Christina's mind of being able to tell her best bud first. To him the event was already past and wasn't a biggie. He multiplies the negative yield of his understandable enough goof by instead of seeing just how important it was to be properly contrite in admitting he'd made a mistake, he turns it around and negatively paints Christina as the one that had failed by wanting to share with Merideth, suggesting that her agreeing to marry him was in actuality just a provisional offering, that she still wasn't commited. Hasn't this guy ever had a girlfriend before, or a sister?

    Izzy and the yodels hounding her about their friend irked me to no end. Couldn't a gas tank have finally gotten around to exploding to silence them all? I don't see why the chief decided her work in the field was indicative that her period of probation should end. She was a wreck even if she saved the dude.

    I like the new character, the bubbly one that Callie apparently thinks beneath her. Is she a nurse, or a nurses assistant? I didn't see the episode where she arrived, I'm glad it appears shes at least a reculling character. She attracts me for some strange reason. Actually not stange. Her personality makes her attractive to me. She reminds me of someone I can't name, a stand-up comic.

    Both Meredith and that witchy little sidekick of hers irked me as well. Was that Damien's sis? If she spoke, the first word out of her mouth would likely be Redrum.

    Meredith surrendered to the water. She just didn't appear to give a hoot about living. I saw and heard nothing giving me the impression she'd done anything beyond being knocked off balance over the edge into the water, like hitting her head on something on the way down. As shown, she didn't panic, she didn't do much of anything except bob up naturally twice before simply giving in and letting gravity do its work.

    Why the camera focused on her sneakers at one point is beyond me, you'd think they were anchors or at least cement instead of canvas or synthetic material and rubber. They weren't high tops. As the preacher from The Man With The X-Ray Eyes would say, 'If thy shoes offend thee, KICK THEM OFF'. The rest of the clothing didn't appear likely to encumber her ability to stay afloat either, but even if it did, she gave absolutely no visual evidence she was making any attempt to stay afloat. She didn't panic, she didn't flounder, she didn't thrash about crying out and fighting for life thereby shortening it through depleting her strength through her efforts.

    She JUST GAVE IN.

    I disagree with those that maintain that she HAS to stay the show being called Grey's Anatomy and all. The show is what counts, not her character. Meredith can go and the tears would dry on the show within weeks other than with those with syndromes like Izzy who is going to ruin ever being with another man beyond casual boinking though her insistance of loving to the death a dead man, one she'd never had anything beyond the possibility of a future together with to begin with.

  3. #3103
    FORT Fogey sukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    3,885
    I just knew it was Mark too When he grabbed Derek's arm I really lost it


    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2243288;
    You didn't get previews? They go something along the lines of "Derek Shepherd is a fearless surgeon that saves everyone that comes across his path. But he can't save the woman he loves." Then they show everyone with an exhausted look on their faces, and Christina gritting through her teeth "TRY.AGAIN!" Then the voice over "Stay tuned for the devastating conclusion to the most powerful Grey's Anatomy this season...."

    (words not verbatim.. .but close)

    And yeah... I wanted to punch the living daylights out of Izzy, too, rockstar or no rockstar.

    And I didn't lose it this week until Derek slid to the floor and you saw someone walk up in the background. I immediately knew it was Mark and started crying...
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon


    Write for HubPages.

  4. #3104
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I like the new character, the bubbly one that Callie apparently thinks beneath her. Is she a nurse, or a nurses assistant? I didn't see the episode where she arrived, I'm glad it appears shes at least a reculling character. She attracts me for some strange reason. Actually not stange. Her personality makes her attractive to me. She reminds me of someone I can't name, a stand-up comic.
    She's actually not a new character. She was the resident that took over for Bailey when Bailey had her maternity leave. Perpetually bubbly and overly saccharine.

    When you say she looks familiar, perhaps you're recognizing her from her blip in Meet the Parents? She played the airline desk attendant who wouldn't let Ben Stiller on the plane when he was trying to leave.......
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  5. #3105
    FORT Fogey cricketeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,696
    So the whole gang gets paged because Meredith is in trouble - are they all on her emergency notification form? And the O.R. nurse tells Izzy that she'll want to take the page. Uh, not if it's my brain she's operating on :nono .

    Lois, I was glad to see Kyle Chandler again, too! Looks like he will be back next week.

    Alex was a bonehead in the way he handled the death notifications, but he's still struggling with his emerging compassion - I liked it when he told Addison that he'd notice if she went missing.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

  6. #3106
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2243540;
    So the whole gang gets paged because Meredith is in trouble - are they all on her emergency notification form? And the O.R. nurse tells Izzy that she'll want to take the page. Uh, not if it's my brain she's operating on :nono .
    Wasn't that the weirdest thing? We'll chalk that one up to dramatic liberties.

    Alex was a bonehead in the way he handled the death notifications, but he's still struggling with his emerging compassion - I liked it when he told Addison that he'd notice if she went missing.
    Now see, I don't think that Alex did anything boneheaded with the photographs other than with the gentleman with the pregnant wife/girlfriend. He was just so desperately hoping that this man "belonged" to his Jane Doe that he didn't want to consider the other option and didn't present it correctly. I felt nearly as badly for him as I did for the grieving husband/boyfriend. And the victims' pictures on the wall? It's been done before (Thailand was the mass occasion that I remember) and I can't see any other way that he could have done that. He couldn't have just stood there and had people paw through the polaroids should they choose to... they had to have been neutrally posted.

    And his response to Addison was, indeed, wonderful. She was on Jimmy Kimmel last night looking stunning, but I fell asleep.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  7. #3107
    HBK fan nilesgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,764
    I think the reason the whole gang was paged is because they're all on the same team and whoever did the paging knew that they would all want to be there for whatever happens. They're not just collegues but friends. I would want to be informed if one of my friends was in Merideth's condition. And if I was working at the time (taking care of my nephew), I don't care what I'd have to do, I would find a way to pack up the baby and bring him with me because I'd want to be at the hospital to know what happened.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

  8. #3108
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2243625;
    I think the reason the whole gang was paged is because they're all on the same team and whoever did the paging knew that they would all want to be there for whatever happens. They're not just collegues but friends. I would want to be informed if one of my friends was in Merideth's condition. And if I was working at the time (taking care of my nephew), I don't care what I'd have to do, I would find a way to pack up the baby and bring him with me because I'd want to be at the hospital to know what happened.
    I know, and for laymen like us, that's fine. But when they're doctors--and there's a state of emergency with a ton of sick people needing to be cared for--they need to do their jobs, which is caring for the other patients besides Meredith.

    I don't think Burke was such a bonehead. Christina wasn't that excited about accepting his proposal (and she's certainly made it clear she's not a "ring" person). She didn't tell anyone and yet wanted him to hold off his excitement in telling his friends/family. I don't see why the guy should have to wait for the girl to tell her friends first...especially when she takes her sweet time doing do. This marriage is so NOT going to happen... And that's probably why it feels that way to him. Normal people tell the world about their engagement. The fact that Christina is so reticent to do so...heck, so what if Mere was in a crabby mood. Hearing good news would've cheered her up. Perhaps Christina has doubts about the marriage and was afraid Meredith would validate that getting engaged wasn't the right thing to do...

  9. #3109
    FORT Fan syd18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    343
    Did I hear Izzy right, did she tell George that his marraige to Callie was a mistake? What a snot. I didn't get that whole speel she was going off on, nor what the point of it was.

  10. #3110
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2243471;

    Meredith surrendered to the water. She just didn't appear to give a hoot about living. I saw and heard nothing giving me the impression she'd done anything beyond being knocked off balance over the edge into the water, like hitting her head on something on the way down. As shown, she didn't panic, she didn't do much of anything except bob up naturally twice before simply giving in and letting gravity do its work.

    She JUST GAVE IN.

    Honestly, I don't think she gave in as easily as you are making it out. Don't forget, the water was EXTREMELY cold and that put her body into shock. (And trust me, I am no Meredith lover, I just see it as her being in shock. It would happen to any of us that aren't used to being in the water during cold months)
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.