+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2237445;
    My memory is vague past the point of saying I guessed that was a tourist ship on the show, ferry never would have been something I'd have associated with that size.
    No, that was an actual Washington State ferry. I'll have to rewatch but I'm guessing it was a Jumbo Mark II or Jumbo class ferry.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Jumbo is right.

The only ferries I've ever actually travelled on were in my youth when they still had ferries crossing the Sacramento River in places. From my memory those were about the size of the ferry shown in The Outlaw Josie Wales

ETA: Just large enough for two or three cars

When you say Washington State, Mariner, are you speaking geographically or does the state itself operate the ferry system instead of contracting it out?
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 02-11-2007 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2237445;
    Anyone remember the Tommy Lee Jones flick where he's a parole officer chasing down a bad girl and she drives off in his car off the deck of the ferry? THAT is what's fixed in my mind for ferries, aside from the WWII era and before ferries of SF Bay.
    Double Jeopardy, I really enjoyed it.

What a show.....

I can totally relate to them pausing at sight the before them when they first got to the scene. These are people who have never been to a scene little own one with mass casualties, totally out of their element.

Meredith falling off the pier, wow, wow, wow, I totally was not expecting that.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I am glad that Shonda is saying this is serious and not a case of Mer popping back up and continuing on as if nothing had happened, it makes it more realistic.

Click to see Spoiler:
    As for Denny coming back, we all know Shonda gives us enough info to spark our interest and start speculating, but never enough to know for sure what is about to happen. Damn her

I can't wait until Thursday and the Thursday after that and the Thursday after that and the......... well you get it

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2235958;
    The pause before they {triage crew} finally geared up and got some motivated gumption was about 30-40 Mississippi's too long in my opinion, someone should have thought to bring a cattle prod. The clueless I don't expect much more from, but Bailey's hesitation disappointed.
    I might be in the minority but I wasn't all that surprised by their response. From some of my past work experience, I know that sometimes the magnitude of what just happened can be a such huge shock that it takes a minute or two for your mind to process and recover from it and for the adrenalin to kick in. To me their reactions seemed pretty normal for a disaster that they are unlikely to see more than once in a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2237454;
    When you say Washington State, Mariner, are you speaking geographically or does the state itself operate the ferry system instead of contracting it out?
    The state itself has operated the ferry system since 1951 when it bought out a private service. The Jumbo Mark II ferries can carry 2500 passengers and up to 202 vehicles while the Jumbo ferries can carry 2000 passengers and up to 188 vehicles. Shonda came up with a very realistic idea for a mass casualty in Seattle. During peak commute hours, those ferries are often close to passenger capacity. Plus, there are cars and people lined up at the piers to fill a ferry back up once it has unloaded.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2237420;
    Seems like a good guess to me. Also, if
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he is not the only one we see, will we also see the bomb guy?
    Good one Cricketeen! Yeah, I bet your right! That will be fun!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I bet they are keeping which actors that will be reappearing under wraps, and maybe we will see George's dad too!

Push me off a pier please.

This is gonna REALLY suck, I bet.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2243127;
    Push me off a pier please.

This is gonna REALLY suck, I bet.
    Nah, this was a really good episode
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

I wish I could have crawled in the TV and punch Izzy at the end...
    And what the heck is with no previews for the next episode
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    The little girl bothers me. Lassie would've been more useful than her. "Timmy fell in the well again?"

+ Reply to Thread