+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Let's remember that this is an hour long television show, so it won't be showing all of what would really be happening. In real life, the idea is to save as many lives as you can.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2235958;
    The pause before they {triage crew} finally geared up and got some motivated gumption was about 30-40 Mississippi's too long in my opinion, someone should have thought to bring a cattle prod. The clueless I don't expect much more from, but Bailey's hesitation disappointed.
    I thought the same thing but I think they were doing it for our benefit. They wanted to show us the devistation, make sure we had the right amount of shock and awe.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2235684;
    I came across this spoiler at Yahoo TV.

I would recommend not clicking on the link if you do not like spoilers:

Spoiler if you click here.
    Thanks for the link - I especially loved this tidbit:

Click to see Spoiler:
    You may have heard the glorious news (courtesy of my fellow scoop sleuth Michael Ausiello at TV Guide) that Jeffrey Dean Morgan is reprising his role of Denny Duquette on Grey's Anatomy. I just so happen to know exactly how Denny comes back to Grey's, and I wanted to share with you a few juicy details of his return. According to inside sources, here's what I can tell you about Jeffrey Dean Morgan's return: Denny does not appear in a flashback, Denny does not appear in a dream, it is Denny and not something kooky like his twin, and Denny is not the only one we see.

My guess shows little imagination - considering we already know Denny's history:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    He is dead, and Meridith will see him "in the light" when she almost dies (crosses over); maybe he will even give her a message to pass on to Izzie (ROFL) - I don't know........ but given the quote above, that is the only logical answer to me. I assume that Meridith will eventually be told it's not her time, after all, the show is named after her.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2235993;
    It was stated after George ran over to someone (EMT) giving CPR he asked what happened. I had to rewind and use close caption to understand what he was saying.
    I think they said that there was a fog bank and a container ship clipped the ferry. (I thought that was what I remembered, but I just listened to it again to make sure.)
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 02-11-2007 at 05:14 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2237287;
    I think they said that there was a fog bank and a container ship clipped the ferry. (I thought that was what I remembered, but I just listened to it again to make sure.)
    That's something that sounds realistic enough, though given the traffic as well as weather conditions for that region I'd expect that both the ferry and especially any container sized ship would be outfitted with radar aside from travelling on a predictable path following a schedule. Last close to Seattle {anywhere close enough for commuting ferries} I'd reckon that the ship would have already taken on a pilot as well, but they don't call 'em accidents for nothing. {Assuming it WAS an accident...}

FireWoman's mention of a boat had me considering the size of that ferry {I didn't realize they were that large} and thinking that it would have ran over most any boat without pause or possible notice, but then again I'm forgetting the accurate definition of boat. That ferry looked more like what I envision as ship size, but perhaps accurately it also falls under the category of a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2237281;
    Thanks for the link - I especially loved this tidbit:

Click to see Spoiler:
    You may have heard the glorious news (courtesy of my fellow scoop sleuth Michael Ausiello at TV Guide) that Jeffrey Dean Morgan is reprising his role of Denny Duquette on Grey's Anatomy. I just so happen to know exactly how Denny comes back to Grey's, and I wanted to share with you a few juicy details of his return. According to inside sources, here's what I can tell you about Jeffrey Dean Morgan's return: Denny does not appear in a flashback, Denny does not appear in a dream, it is Denny and not something kooky like his twin, and Denny is not the only one we see.

My guess shows little imagination - considering we already know Denny's history:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    He is dead, and Meridith will see him "in the light" when she almost dies (crosses over); maybe he will even give her a message to pass on to Izzie (ROFL) - I don't know........ but given the quote above, that is the only logical answer to me. I assume that Meridith will eventually be told it's not her time, after all, the show is named after her.
    Seems like a good guess to me. Also, if
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he is not the only one we see, will we also see the bomb guy?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I listen to Grey's Anatomy podcast which usually the writers, executive producers, or actors will discuss the night's show. Shonda Rhymes (who writes Grey's Anatomy, and this particular episode) said that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    at Grey's Anatomy they don't like to joke about anything, so don't expect Meredith at the next episode to just "pop out of the water and spit out some fish". It's a serious thing that Meredith fell in.

Also, they really wanted to have a Mass Casuality Incident on the show, and the ferry boat was really the best way to do it. They went on to explain how ferry boats are extremely safe so they had a hard time finding a realistic approach to this accident. Appearently 10 years ago, in Japan there was a ferry boat accident that happened somewhat like this episode.

They also said that whatever you do, do not miss one minute of next week's episode. They said that they usually tell the viewers "don't miss the last 10 minutes" but this time they're saying to not miss one minute of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2237426;
    I listen to Grey's Anatomy podcast which usually the writers, executive producers, or actors will discuss the night's show. Shonda Rhymes (who writes Grey's Anatomy, and this particular episode) said that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    at Grey's Anatomy they don't like to joke about anything, so don't expect Meredith at the next episode to just "pop out of the water and spit out some fish". It's a serious thing that Meredith fell in.

Also, they really wanted to have a Mass Casuality Incident on the show, and the ferry boat was really the best way to do it. They went on to explain how ferry boats are extremely safe so they had a hard time finding a realistic approach to this accident. Appearently 10 years ago, in Japan there was a ferry boat accident that happened somewhat like this episode.

They also said that whatever you do, do not miss one minute of next week's episode. They said that they usually tell the viewers "don't miss the last 10 minutes" but this time they're saying to not miss one minute of the show.
    There was a ferry accident in BC last summer where it hit the dock, the inquest just opened. They think that two people who should have been monitoring things were having sex instead!
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

The Grey's Anatomy storyline is actually acknowledged on the front page of the Washington State ferry website.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/

And, ferries are definitely ships not boats. There are different classes of ferries (i.e. different sizes). The Washington State Ferry System is the largest in the country and the third largest in the world. Thousands of people commute to and from Seattle every day via ferry. Most of them come from Bainbridge Island which is about a half hour ferry ride but others come from Bremerton which is an hour away or Whidbey Island.

I'm sure the accident will get explained in more detail next week. I've ridden the ferries enough that it was a bit surreal for me to watch this week's episode.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I was going to take a ferry to Seattle from Bremerton once on a visit, just to do so and ended up not doing so, my loss. That was back around '76, I don't recall the ferries being so large. Perhaps {or surely} they've upgraded over the years. My memory is vague past the point of saying I guessed that was a tourist ship on the show, ferry never would have been something I'd have associated with that size.

Anyone remember the Tommy Lee Jones flick where he's a parole officer chasing down a bad girl and she drives off in his car off the deck of the ferry? THAT is what's fixed in my mind for ferries, aside from the WWII era and before ferries of SF Bay.

+ Reply to Thread