+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I didn't like the way Callie treated Sydney. It reminded me of the way Izzy treats Callie.
    Seeing as how that makes Callie feel I'd have expected better of her.
    I think ER does the multiple trauma episodes better than Greys.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    How can Callie possibly be in trouble for reprimanding George 3 times? Business is business, and they cannot afford to confuse the two. He was out of line.

This is one of the reasons why you don't play where you work. You are asking for trouble, especially if one of you outranks the other.

With Izzy, there may be a consideration of field amputation to, possibly, save that man's life. She can't get any back-up from search and rescue, so that may be the only viable choice.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What is up with Izzie?? I am liking her less and less each week.
    She will just not let up on the George/Callie thing.
    Then she just looked like it was her first day in medical school the rest of the time. I wouldn't want her as my doctor. wow!!
    Maybe she should just stick to looking after Denny's clinic.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2233940;
    This is my first time using spolier tags. I hope this works. This may still be just a rumor.

Grey's may be casting for a 10-12 year old girl to joing the cast.

Click to see Spoiler:
    She may be Izzie's daughter that she put up for adoption.
    Good job on the spoiler tags! I'm guessing that might be who the little girl at the ferry wreck is, if the casting is already over. And it would come out as they try to find her mom and dad. Correct hair color anyway.

Addison taking the boys to task in the elevator for giving the Chief grief about dying his hair (and beard)
    Me too.
    'With Christina... dating a 12 year old... MANWHORE!'

I know I didn't get the quote right, but that was hilarious.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

The elevator scene was fantastic
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I came across this spoiler at Yahoo TV.

I would recommend not clicking on the link if you do not like spoilers:

Spoiler if you click here.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I just watched this week's show, and I'm confused about something.

I thought they were supposed to be doing triage, which I understand to be taking a quick pass through and categorizing the state of the injuries, doing what they can to patch up the most serious ones, and passing them off to folks in the ambulances who will take them to the hospital. Why did Alex and George go back to the hospital with their patients? Weren't they still needed at the scene to continue doing triage?

Also, when it became apparent that she couldn't do anything more at the moment for the guy who is trapped, why didn't Izzy move on and help someone whom she could help? That seems to me like poor judgment on her part. Sticking with one person who may well be a lost cause, when she could have saved a number of other people, is a tremendous waste of her medical expertise and seems to be further evidence of her tendency to get overly involved with patients. I wonder if they will question her judgment in sticking with a no-win situation when she should have moved on.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2234632;
    Fog bank, a smaller boat.. or just another bot hit it. I had to use cosed caption to see But there was fog and it was clipped by another boat. That much i can confirm.
    I totally missed any mention of what occurred, I figured the 'brakes' failed and the ferry just plowed at speed into the dock, thre cars humping one another suggests a pretty savage impact to me, and then there's the victims like the one that Alex ran into OFF the vessel. I'd assumed they were ejected on impact, otherwise how does one get pylons lying on them ashore from a collision out on the sound?

The pause before they {triage crew} finally geared up and got some motivated gumption was about 30-40 Mississippi's too long in my opinion, someone should have thought to bring a cattle prod. The clueless I don't expect much more from, but Bailey's hesitation disappointed.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2235958;
    I totally missed any mention of what occurred, I figured the 'brakes' failed and the ferry just plowed at speed into the dock, thre cars humping one another suggests a pretty savage impact to me, and then there's the victims like the one that Alex ran into OFF the vessel. I'd assumed they were ejected on impact, otherwise how does one get pylons lying on them ashore from a collision out on the sound?

The pause before they {triage crew} finally geared up and got some motivated gumption was about 30-40 Mississippi's too long in my opinion, someone should have thought to bring a cattle prod. The clueless I don't expect much more from, but Bailey's hesitation disappointed.
    It was stated after George ran over to someone (EMT) giving CPR he asked what happened. I had to rewind and use close caption to understand what he was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2235858;
    I just watched this week's show, and I'm confused about something.

I thought they were supposed to be doing triage, which I understand to be taking a quick pass through and categorizing the state of the injuries, doing what they can to patch up the most serious ones, and passing them off to folks in the ambulances who will take them to the hospital. Why did Alex and George go back to the hospital with their patients? Weren't they still needed at the scene to continue doing triage?

Also, when it became apparent that she couldn't do anything more at the moment for the guy who is trapped, why didn't Izzy move on and help someone whom she could help? That seems to me like poor judgment on her part. Sticking with one person who may well be a lost cause, when she could have saved a number of other people, is a tremendous waste of her medical expertise and seems to be further evidence of her tendency to get overly involved with patients. I wonder if they will question her judgment in sticking with a no-win situation when she should have moved on.
    I dont think it was an issue of bad judgement in Izzys case but more TV 'friendly' story line. She was also under the impression that S&R would be there and she had to keep the person alive till then. It's kind of hard to walk away from someone you've put time in to while they are still alive knowing that they will die, with out a doubt, if you do. SHe is doing all she can to save a life. That above all matters the most.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 02-10-2007 at 05:42 AM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread