+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 732 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130530 ... LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Niles Girl - Here is the recap I did for the most recent episode of the show ( originally posted on Monday on another message board I frequent.) It's long so I'll do it in a couple of parts. It was one GREAT episode!!

Last night's episode started with Meredith and Christina running. They were chatting and layed down in the grass b/c they got too tired. The day at the hospital then begins with rounds. Izzy is going on to Meredith and George about how really cool Alex is, if you would just get to know him. Meredith and George (and Christina to some extent) are like 'Izzy- you are nuts! We hate Alex, he's a pig.' Just then, like on cue, Alex says something crass to a patient who blushes severely everytime she has any kind of emotion, and this seems to confirm the other's notions that he is a pig. Izzy yells at Alex later for always behaving 'piggish' in front of the other interns, even though he's a nice guy when he's with Izzy alone.

There is some commotion before duties get assigned, and everyone runs down to the ER entrance to see what the commotion is. A patient is being wheeled in on a stretcher yelling and cursing. Dr. Bailey is walking alongside the abusive patient and keeps demanding from the others to call out the name of the patient. Izzy has read the chart by this time and she finally, after much yelling from Dr. Bailey, says 'Ellis Grey' really loud. Meredith is hiding behind a pole b/c her mother spotted her and is screaming at her. Ellis believes that she is back in her residency, and she begins ordering everyone around as if she is going to perform surgery.

All of the interns meet to get their assignments from Dr. Bailey. Nobody knew that Meredith's mom had Alzheimers' so Bailey is totally shocked and it shows. Christina is assigned to help Dr. Burke with a procedure on a Dry Cleaner who developed Lung Cancer from the Dry Cleaning fluids he worked around for so long. Christina tries to protest, but Dr. Bailey sends her on her way. Izzy is assigned to work with BOTH Dr. Shepherds on a pediatric case and then Dr. Bailey says to George 'And you take care of Dr. Grey.' George HUGS Dr. Bailey and says 'Thank you, thank you, she needs a friend right now!' Bailey looks at him oddly and says - No George, the OTHER Dr. Grey, Ellis Grey. George gets it and looks embarrassed and scurries away.

Dr. Bailey confronts Meredith about how she's feeling and Meredith says she's "Fine." Meredith will say "I'm Fine" about 900 times this episode, even though everyone knows that she isn't.

~pausing to post this b/c it's long ~

ok, to continue....

Meredith (per Bailey's orders) is supposed to do nothing but scut work. She goes to see the Chief (is this 'Richard') anyways, he's the Chief who has major brain surgery a few weeks ago. Richard and Ellis Grey were very close and Richard has no idea about Ellis's condition. Meredith lets him read the chart and he is shocked, nearly to the point of crying. Meanwhile, George is trying to help Ellis Grey but she thinks that he is Meredith's father "Thatch" and she just yells and fights with him. When George runs into the Chief (Richard) and asks him for help examining her, the Chief wants no part of it, but does confirm that George looks like 'Thatch,' Meredith's father. This partially traumatizes George since he really ~doesn't~ want to look like the dad of the girl he has a crush on.

Meanwhile, the two doctor Shepherds get into a fight in front of Izzy about whether an operation on a drug-addicted Preemie is feasible. Izzy bails out of there to read some 'lab work' and the male Dr. Shepherd leaves and says the case is hopeless.

Christina is tagged (as previously mentioned) to assist Dr. Burke on a lung cancer surgery. They get into the operating room and it's clear (to us at home) that Christina is dizzy. Dr. Burke keeps asking her if she's paying attention b/c he thinks he's boring her or something. Burke fires questions at Christina and berates her when she's slow to answer. Dr. Bailey and Izzy are watching the surgery from the viewing gallery up above. Suddenly, Christina just passes out. Dr. Burke has his hands in the patient so he cannot just go over there, But Bailey and Izzy fly down the stairs to the OR, and get Christina on a stretcher. It is obvious something is very wrong and Burke is yelling at Dr. Bailey to let him know what's wrong with C ASAP! Bailey and Izzy wheel Christina out of the OR and she's going in and out of conciousness. Meredith is the only one who knows that Christina is pregnant, so Christina knows she needs to get the message out. She manages to grab the oxygen mask off of her mouth for a second and croak out "Izzy, I'm pregnant" before going unconcious again. Dr. Bailey hears this too and she yells at all of the other people helping to get away from the stretcher and she takes Christina away herself and yells at Izzy to be discreet but to go get the female 'Dr. Shepherd' since she is an expert in pediatric crisis cases.

~posting again~

continuing....

Izzy finds the female Dr. Shepherd just after she tells the Chief (Richard) that she is leaving tomorrow. She says she realizes that the male Dr. Shepherd will never take her back and she doesn't want to work around him any longer. The Chief is sad and begs her to stay. Anyhow, Izzy happens upon them and George on the stairs, as George is updating the Chief about Ellis Grey. Izzy says to Dr. Shepherd that she needs her right away. Female Dr. Shepherd is like "Why?" Izzy looks like she doesn't want to say but she chokes out "It's an intern, Christina Yang, She's collapsed." Female Dr. Shepherd doesn't get it and says: "Why do you need me?" Then - everybody gets it and George looks horrified and yells out: "You mean Christina is pregnant?" Female Dr. Shepherd goes with Izzy and finds Dr. Bailey with Christina, where it is determined that Christina has an 'entopic' (hope that's the right word) pregnancy, where the egg is fertalized and starts forming outside a fallopian tube. Christina's life is in danger, she is bleeding to death. Female Dr. Shepherd says she will operate immediately. Nobody goes back to tell Burke and nobody (in that room) knows who the baby's father is anyhow, so they don't think to tell him before they take her into surgery.

As soon as Burke is done with his Lung Cancer surgery, he tries to go down the hall and find out what's wrong with Christina, but the Chief intercepts him. Meredith's mother needs a liver biopsy done b/c George suspects she has Liver Cancer. Male Dr. Shepherd refuses to sign papers that say that the Chief can do the biopsy himself because the Chief just had major brain surgery. The Chief tried to tell Male Dr. Shepherd that it is for Ellis Grey, but Dr. Shepherd won't budge. Therefore, the Chief orders Burke to do the liver biopsy before Burke can find out any info about Christina. Burke is really pissed, but he can't say no because he is basically ordered to do it.

Alex has a heartfelt talk with Meredith about all that is going on with her mother. Meredith says that she is feeling uber-guilty because she kind of 'wants' her mother to have Liver Cancer. Alex agrees that Liver Cancer is a deadly and quickly progressing disease and the patient can be treated for their pain before death with morphine. He comments that morphine cannot treat Alzheimer's and Meredith says yes, that's what she means about wanting her mom to have Liver Cancer. But then she kind of breaks down a little and says 'What kind of child wants their mother to have Liver Cancer?"

It's later that night, and the two Dr. Shepherds are in the pediatric ICU again. The baby that the Male Dr. Shepherd had said was hopeless, is improving and might be strong enough for surgery. Male Dr. S, tells Female Dr. S that he will operate in the morning on the baby if she continues to improve overnight. Female Dr. Shepherd says she has never stopped loving her husband and she kisses him, and he kisses her back (it seems.)

Christina has come through surgery and although she lost a lot of blood, it seems that she is going to be ok. After getting out of the surgery to do Ellis Grey's biopsy, Dr. Burke checks the surgery board and he sees the name YANG and then he reads what she's in surgery for. He looks dumbfounded and goes off to find Christina, but all of the other interns are in her room chatting with her, so he doesn't go in to see her.

Towards the very end, Meredith gets her mother's biopsy results back, and Ellis Grey does not have Liver Cancer. Meredith goes outside, and for the first time in the show, totally breaks down and bawls. Male Dr. Shepherd, having just smooched his wife, comes out and finds her. He tries to comfort her but she yells at him to leave her alone. She says she's exhausted by everything that has gone on that day (her mom, Christina's issue, etc.) and she says she's MOST exhausted from trying to hate him. She says she doesn't want to hate him anymore and she kisses him (he seemingly kisses her back.) Then she runs back inside.

At the very end, George is back in Ellis Grey's room to tell her that the lump in her Liver is not malignant and she screams at him. He finally pretends to be Meredith's dad (Thatch) and yells back at her about how she treats him and about how mean she is to Meredith. She says: "You're right." and she asks him to lie down next to her in her bed and she smooches him lightly on the cheek.

SIDEBAR - (We also see a scene (shortly before this one) where the Chief (Richard) is in Ellis Grey's room as she's recovering from surgery and he says "I know it's hard to be the one who is "gone" but it is really hard to be the one who is left behind." )

Anyhow, that's my recap. Oh, one more thing. At the end, Izzy and Meredith have a chance to talk and Meredith tells Izzy that she's right about Alex. He IS a nice guy if you get to know him.

Next week previews show Christina's mother yelling at Christina something to the effect of "Why can't you find a nice guy to date like him!" (and she's pointing to Dr. Burke who is on the otherside of Christina's bed.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Thanks for the recap, Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Although I haven't been watching previously, GA came in 6th this week. I'm happy.
    Not that anyone would care, but I feel the need to clarify my above post. I meant that I haven't been watching the weekly ratings previously. I've been obsessively watching GA since show 1.

Whew. I feel better.

Woot! You deserve a "woot!" for that recap. Great job.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Newbie
    I have been watching this show from the beginning and liked it from day one. I think the cast dynamic has flowed from the beginning and they really fit together as an ensemble.

This last show was a doozy with every story captivating you. I enjoy seeing George grow into manhood basically.

I am still not sure about the Izzy and....whatshisname relationship.

I didn't even notice the possible romantic interaction between the chief and eldar Grey. I will have to watch more carefully in the future.

I just love this show....more than any other.

Thanks for the recap, Woot!
    Woot! You deserve a "woot!" for that recap. Great job.
    Awww, thanks daddyzgirl and Broadway I think the key is that when I wrote that (Monday morning some time) I had *just* watched the show on Sunday night and gone to bed. I guess it was still pretty fresh in my mind.

ETA: Broadway, I'm a University of Michigan grad, but could you please take care of Ohio State for us today? Thanks! heh heh
    Last edited by Woot!; 10-15-2005 at 02:26 PM.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woot!
    ETA: Broadway, I'm a University of Michigan grad, but could you please take care of Ohio State for us today? Thanks! heh heh
    Ohh harsh! I liked ya till that

Go Bucks! hehe

But really nice recap, I never had the patience to sit down and type that much.. unless i was mad at someone and sending an overly nasty email.

All these medical shows make me wish I could have gotten over my fear of blood and needles and gone into nursing.

I love this show and hope it sticks around for a long time. If ER can last umpteen seasons, this one can too. But like any show that goes on for a while, it's likely we'll lose some people along the way. Patrick Dempsey was a film star at one time and now that he is HOT, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't hold out for more money come negotiations time. I hope the show gives him what he wants!

+ Reply to Thread