+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 725 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103503 ... LastLast
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I've enjoyed the show as well. Grey reminds me of a Calista Flockhart/ Renee Zellwiger character (trendy, hot, bedroom eyes ).

Count me in among the favorite line of "22 seconds left". Dempsey is surprisingly good as a doctor. I keep having flashbacks to his "Can't Buy Me Love" days.

I also decided to look at the opening credits and was surprised to see Katherine Heigl as Izzy. I didn't recognize her until I saw the name.

All in all, I'm hooked in to yet another show. Why is TV suddenly getting good?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

You're welcome SnowflakeGirl. It was hilarious because she kept making references to it. Like someone would say to her, "what are you doing?" and she'd reply in a dry tone, "just sitting here with my penis".

Thanks Duxxy, I'd fogotten about that part Although with the Nazi's 22 second comment, I don't know how I did. I'll put it down to tiredness

I wasn't a huge fan of Patrick Dempsey when he was young, but man has he aged well. There was a shot last week where he was looking at Grey with his gorgeous green eyes, wow

I started watching this last night and have to say I liked it. The detached penis was something I was expecting, but overall, it was really good.

The second episode was even better than the first. I hope ABC gives the show lots of room to really get good - if that happens, this show will be great. Still loving Patrick Dempsey - why can't I ever find a guy like that? Of course, the character appears to be married to his job, so maybe not such great relationship material...hmph.
    Did anyone find it amusing that none of the male doctors in the operating room recognized what the severed penis actually was?

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    ITA speedbump. As much as I LOVE reality TV, I love one-hour dramas even more. This is the first season in a long time where there are not only some really good, well-written dramas, but they're (for the most part anyway) doing well in the ratings too. I've been so used to getting into shows only to have them canceled after a few episodes - I hardly know what to do with myself!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Me too! It's all ABC's fault! I wasn't watching anything but reality tv for a few years and then ABC goes and gives us Lost, DH, Eyes, and now GA!

You're right, KymberlyAnn, ABC's doing extraordinarily well in the drama department. I find lately I've been spending more time here in the non-reality forum than in the reality show section (gasp!).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Cristina Yang is cooler than Ming Na and Lane from Gilmore Girls combined. (yeah, yeah, slim pickings, I know...)

Of course she went to Smith. Of course she drives a motorbyke. She's played by Sandra Oh, people. And Sandra Oh kicks ass. (Plus she's from my hometown. Represent! w00t!)

Whip me up a trifle with Cristina as the sherry, George as the jelly, Izzy as the custard, and PD's Derek as the, uh, whipped cream (), hold the Mary Sue/Renee Zellwegger doppleganger as the sodden sponge cake and I'll be a very, very happy viewer.

Damn, I'm hungry now.

ETA: Of course none of the male doctors recognized the penis. Not something you'd exactly want to file away in the Memorex of the male subconscious, is it? That's how nightmares of my precioussss begin.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    You're right, KymberlyAnn, ABC's doing extraordinarily well in the drama department. I find lately I've been spending more time here in the non-reality forum than in the reality show section (gasp!).
    Me too! I keep thinking "What is wrong with me? Where is my reality show love?"

The new ABC drama "Grey's Anatomy," which has proved a strong Sunday night partner for "Desperate Housewives," is cutting the season short for "Boston Legal."

"Grey's Anatomy," about first-year surgical interns at a Seattle hospital, debuted March 27 and improved on the ratings in the 10 p.m. EDT Sunday time slot that had belonged to "Boston Legal."

Maximizing that period is key for ABC since the show preceding it at 9 p.m. EDT is "Desperate Housewives," the big freshman hit, and the network wants to keep as many of its viewers as possible on board.

"Desperate Housewives" and another newcomer, "Lost," have helped pull the network out of a ratings slump.

Both "Grey's Anatomy" and "Boston Legal," a reworking of the long-running ABC series "The Practice," were winning the time slot among total viewers and with advertiser-favored adults 18-to-49.

But "Grey's Anatomy" has averaged 17 million viewers compared to 12.5 million for the legal drama from veteran producer David E. Kelley ("Ally McBeal," "Boston Public").

Kelley had no comment Friday on ABC's plans, a spokeswoman said.

The blow for "Boston Legal" has been softened by the fact it will get an interrupted run of 27 episodes next season, which includes the five that were to air this year. ABC had already renewed the series.

The network was in the "enviable position" of having two strong shows for the time period, Stephen McPherson, ABC Entertainment president, said in a statement Friday.

"However, with this embarrassment of riches comes a tough decision," he said. "Ultimately we decided that, without having adequate lead time or marketing dollars to devote to moving either show so late in the season, we'd continue to let 'Grey's' build on its tremendous momentum through May."

"Grey's Anatomy" features Ellen Pompeo as intern Meredith Grey, along with Sandra Oh ("Sideways").

Emmy-winners James Spader and William Shatner star as eccentric attorneys in "Boston Legal."

For creative reasons, the last of the 22 episodes that were to be produced this year will now be added to next year's production schedule, according to Kelley's spokeswoman.
    http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/p.../APE/504081221

Is it just me or is Patrick Dempsey way hunkier now than he ever was in the 80's??
    His face has character now, he's not a spindley kid anymore. I just love looking at his face.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread