+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree727Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey
    I don't agree that Christina and Izzy are the mean girls of the hospital. I think that the lines that are drawn are not drawn by them thinking they're better than the others or what have you (mean girls style). Rather, I think the lines are drawn by the nature of their jobs. Addison is an attending. Callie is a resident. Izzy and Christina are interns. It's natural that you socialize with people at the same level as you. It seems stranger to me that Addison and Callie would be buddy buddy, or that Miranda speaks to attendings the way that she does, than it does that Izzy and Christina tend to segregate themselves from their superiors when they're socializing and complaining about work.

LG.
    It's not Izzy and Meredith's behavior towards Callie at work and in professional interactions that makes them "mean girls" in my opinion. It's their behavior towards her at home, making it clear that they think she has cooties in the bathroom, even though she's never been anything but nice to them (and claiming their lost undergarments and providing food and support). Very junior high the way they make Callie feel unwelcome even though George clearly wants Callie around. If anyone deserves to be treated like that, it would be McDreamy or Alex (who both stayed the night after actually treating their friends like crap), not Callie, especially after Izzy and Christina came to the realization last year that George was "Callie's McDreamy" and that Callie had feelings for George that none of the other interns would ever feel. Doesn't he deserve love? Nice friends. My understanding of intern and residents is that the intership typically lasts one year, and then they become residents (for a number of years) working under attendings, so the interns and residents are not that very far apart in the doctor developmental chain. Assuming this show ever moves forward in time, they (the interns plus Callie and Bailey) will likely be residents together at some point.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    I re-watched the show on Friday night and I have to say, it may not be just the Chief's gloriously delicious skin that gets me so ga-ga, it may also be those beautiful eyes. And maybe his lips. Oh, I'm sorry, I need to get myself together here....

BTW, George is adorable, Alex is sexy in a strange sort of way, MrDreamy does have the nicest hair on television, McSteamy is... okay and I can see why women would think he was hot, but he just doesn't do much for me. And the Chief, well, I think we know where I stand on that one....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2230088;
    It's not Izzy and Meredith's behavior towards Callie at work and in professional interactions that makes them "mean girls" in my opinion. It's their behavior towards her at home, making it clear that they think she has cooties in the bathroom, even though she's never been anything but nice to them (and claiming their lost undergarments and providing food and support). Very junior high the way they make Callie feel unwelcome even though George clearly wants Callie around. If anyone deserves to be treated like that, it would be McDreamy or Alex (who both stayed the night after actually treating their friends like crap), not Callie, especially after Izzy and Christina came to the realization last year that George was "Callie's McDreamy" and that Callie had feelings for George that none of the other interns would ever feel. Doesn't he deserve love? Nice friends. My understanding of intern and residents is that the intership typically lasts one year, and then they become residents (for a number of years) working under attendings, so the interns and residents are not that very far apart in the doctor developmental chain. Assuming this show ever moves forward in time, they (the interns plus Callie and Bailey) will likely be residents together at some point.
    I dated a guy one time who was good friend with my boss's husband. As a result, there were a few times that I had to socialize with my boss outside of work, in a totally non-work related environment. From that experience I can say I firmly believe that even outside of work, the lines that are drawn from varous professional rankings still exist.

Beyond that, I think you're leaving out a key detail of the way Callie was treated in the bathroom -- she was buck naked! While I completely understand why the best way she knew to deal with her embarassment was to continue going about doing what she'd walked in there to do (go tothe bathroom) I can also completely understand why Meredith and Izzy would have reacted as they did. If someone came walking into my bathroom buck naked, I don't think my reaction would be to offer them tea.

The relationship between those girls and Callie got off to the wrong foot for a number of reasons. But I think they both contributed to those.

I'll also add, I think that the way that ousiders are treated as outsiders when they come into htat house is quite natural. Izzy, George, and Meredith have created a certain dymanic and comfort in living with each other. When one of them brings someone else home, that dynamic changes. For the one bringing someone home, the comfort is still there, and fine. But for the other two, there is a level of discomfort in having someone strange in your house. I don't think that Meredith's "guests" have faced the same response - but that is only because it's Meredith's house. She's technically in charge, so the response given to her is different.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    She was wearing boyshorts. Which i think are coolest.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2230654;
    She was wearing boyshorts. Which i think are coolest.
    Who was?
    Last edited by fluff; 02-05-2007 at 09:52 PM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2230784;
    Who was?
    Callie, when she was dancing in the hospital late night.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2230819;
    Callie, when she was dancing in the hospital late night.
    That is my favourite Callie scene EVER.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

She was also wearing them, I believe when she walked into the bathroom. I recall her not being completely bare. Still an uncomfortable situation for someone perceived as the outsider.

She was wearing panties in the bathroom...or at least they were down around her ankles when she was using the toilet.

The girls got upset when she walked out of the bathroom without washing her hands (she used the kitchen sink instead)

+ Reply to Thread