+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2226019;
    I also want to say that I LOVE the friendship between Addison and Callie. It's good to see they have eachother for leaning on and to talk with outside the Intern Inner Circle.
    Me too. Considering they both started out as outsiders, it's nice that they've developed a friendship and mutually respect one another.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2227681;
    It's not a requirement, there is a legal process for changing your name on a medical license. It's a pain in the butt, but it can be done. A lot of women don't go through it though. Some don't because they either have parents or grandparents who were doctors and they want to carry on the family tradition, or maybe because they are already established in practice and it wouldn't be practical to make the change.
    I did not know that. If I was a doctor, I would've most likely kept my maiden name. With the rate of divorces today, who wants to deal with all the hassles of changing all the records back to the name you were born with? It was difficult enough for my friends who didn't have to worry about changing a name back on a medical license!

Shouldn't George change HIS last name to Callie's since she's his superior (in every way)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2227748;
    I did not know that. If I was a doctor, I would've most likely kept my maiden name. With the rate of divorces today, who wants to deal with all the hassles of changing all the records back to the name you were born with? It was difficult enough for my friends who didn't have to worry about changing a name back on a medical license!

Shouldn't George change HIS last name to Callie's since she's his superior (in every way)?
    A lot of doctors keep their name because they are published under their maiden name.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluckyduk8;2228367;
    A lot of doctors keep their name because they are published under their maiden name.
    All my female Dr's hyphenate it. Same with my nurses I have that recently get married.. some will change it at renewal time since they are paying anyway. I know in Ohio itís a pain and costs more then its worth.

This however does pose a small problem at payroll time when I make out their checks.. some have issues at a bank when cashing and their ID/DL will say their married name and check has the maiden name. Same thing when they go to an assginment, our staffing system shows name on license, and the DL has a different name (one nuse goes by Kasey because of her middle name.. talk about problems!) Since Nurses are asvides NOT to carry the nursing license all they can show for ID is a DL.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    They also were annoyed when Callie began spending the night with George. He had mistakenly told her they'd be alone, so she walked naked to use the restroom and ran into the girls, who all hated her on the spot.
    Ehmm, Can't say i feel to bad for Ephigenia, I sorta feel strange about her. Like she spent her time waiting around for George to be ready and she was all, " I love you" and he was all, "Duh! Huh?" Oh, and she was wearing boyshorts to Meredith's bathroom.
    Hell, if it was my bathroom, I would've been all, "What the hell are you doing here?"
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I LOVE Callie.
    I cannot for the life of me understand how Izzie and Co. could hate her...........
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by GossipGirlANTM;2228426;
    I LOVE Callie.
    I cannot for the life of me understand how Izzie and Co. could hate her...........
    I think that Izzy's dislike of Callie is rather natural, and has nothing to do with the person that Callie is. She and George were best friends. Izzy was the one that George would come to and share EVERYTHING. They had a bond that neither shared with any other person. Then Callie came along, and that changed. Izzy doesn't dislike Callie because she has any problem with Callie physically or personality wise. Izzy dislikes Callie for exactly the same reason that many best friends resent the boyfriend or husband of a best friend -- because when Callie came along, the things that Izzy appreciated the best in her life changed.

Was that for real that someone's blood could be toxic to others? Never heard of such a thing. It's too bad that Meredith kept avoiding her mother since she was only lucid for a short period of time. Ok Christina said yes, but no to the ring? I don't get it. Wear the rock girl!
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Gal;2228897;
    Was that for real that someone's blood could be toxic to others? Never heard of such a thing. It's too bad that Meredith kept avoiding her mother since she was only lucid for a short period of time. Ok Christina said yes, but no to the ring? I don't get it. Wear the rock girl!
    Yes it IS, its called septicemia. Cancer can cause infections, and bacteria can get in to your bloodstream causing the toxicity in blood. This is why people with cancer have blood cultures so often. When someone is fighting cancer their white blood counts go down and you are more susceptible to infections, so again, yes this is a very real condition.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

It's interesting, but that toxic blood situation came up on General Hospital on Friday, too. Neat coincidence.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread