+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree712Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2225792;
    Would someone mind explaining to me why Izzie and others don't like Callie? I only started watching a few weeks ago (and got hooked against my will ).
    It all started when Callie and George began dating, and he wasn't as available to them since he had a girlfriend. So, like the bitchy little clique they are, they ganged up against Callie verbally--even though she's been nice to them, brought Izzie food when she went crazy after Denny died, lied about Meredith's panties so that no one would know Meredith and Derek were having an affair etc. They also were annoyed when Callie began spending the night with George. He had mistakenly told her they'd be alone, so she walked naked to use the restroom and ran into the girls, who all hated her on the spot.

And, like the little harpies that they are, they're jealous of George's friendship/relationship with Callie, that she's their superior at work etc. etc. etc. They're like the "Mean Girls" of Seattle Grace. None of them say it, but I'm sure they think Callie is "fat" and unattractive, when in reality, she's the prettiest of all those gals. (That said, I thought Meredith looked the best she has in a long time--I think it was her hair. It was pulled back or something so it didn't look all limp and straggly. Her mother is a tough cookie. I can see why Meredith has mixed emotions about being the primary go-to person. Normally, that responsibility would go to her dad. I'm sure that had the Chief ended his marriage and had a relationship with Dr. Grey Sr., it would've ended horrifically OR with her blaming him for ruining her career somehow.)

Izzie is a complete moron to give away virtually ALL of the money the Denny left to her. He left her money so that she could have a better life. Yes, donating it to charity is a good thing, but she could've socked a little away for a rainy day (in case she--or her friends/family--ever needed financial help; in case she ever wanted to buy her own house etc.). If she had put the money in the bank from day 1, she could've had some nice intereste to play with. And Krom's right, that's not how you open clinics. Donations from people like Izzie go a long way, but clinics need continual funding. Izzie doesn't have another couple million lying around anywhere...

And Addison was so obviously fantasizing about Alex while she was having sex with McSteamy--whatever his name is!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 02-02-2007 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2225878;
    That said, I thought Meredith looked the best she has in a long time--I think it was her hair. It was pulled back or something so it didn't look all limp and straggly.
    She also had on a lot more makeup than she usually does. She was wearing a rich plum-colored lip gloss, blush, etc. I don't think I've ever seen her wearing so much color-enhancing makeup.

Addison was a bit heavy on the makeup last night, too. Her eye make-up was super dramatic.

Maybe they had a new makeup artist who had a need for self-expression.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2225985;
    Maybe they had a new makeup artist who had a need for self-expression.

Maybe that's what it was. Normally Meredith is always so wan looking--kind of colorless. She did look like she had a little bit more of the "flush of youth" (or whatever that cliche is).

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2225792;
    Would someone mind explaining to me why Izzie and others don't like Callie? I only started watching a few weeks ago (and got hooked against my will ).
    To be fair, from my memory of the show I can recall like three cases where Izzy was the uber-bitch about Callie but can't really recall more than one where Meredith was. In fact in this last episode, clearly Izzy was the only one who deserved a chewing out. Meredith's reaction with George over this seemed to be reasonably respectful of his choice.

Christina doesn't care one way or the other, I'd say. She's rude to everyone equally, other than people's she's sucking up to for career advancement.

The way they've aligned these characters, George and Izzy are "best buds", with Christina and Meredith being their own pair (for some reason, probably due to Meredith being used to abuse from her mother, Christina's abrasiveness has little effect on her and Christina probably likes Meredith because she's probably the first person she's met who can take anything she dishes).

So Izzy probably minds more than Meredith that her little Bambi is being taken away. After all, Meredith laughed at Bambi during sex. She's really not all that in tune with him.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I also want to say that I LOVE the friendship between Addison and Callie. It's good to see they have eachother for leaning on and to talk with outside the Intern Inner Circle.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Thanks Lois and Krom. I was afraid it was pettiness, but was still hoping there was more history. I really like Callie and love her sense of humour. And the fact that she oozes sexiness even though she's not skin and bones like Izzie and M. just makes me feel good.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    To be fair Meredith didn't laugh at George during sex, she just suddenly realized it wasn't working for her...and told George it was ok, he could "finish", which of course killed it for him, and crushed him, since, having the crush he had on her then, DesertRose, he had hoped if he ever got her into bed she'd suddenly see him as more than good ol' George. As to why she decided to have sex with George... she makes a lot of bad decisions about sex, especially after alcohol, and as I recall in this case it was precipitated by one of many rejections by McDreamy.
    Re the girls' feelings about Callie, they were all snitty about her peeing in front of them and then not washing her hands (which she actually had done in the kitchen...they kind of drove her out of the bathroom). I agree, it's mostly Izzy, because she misses having George totally available to lean on. Luckily for George he doesn't seem to have any romantic interest in her.

Actually, now that I think back she didn't laugh, she cried. Is that really any better? The point remains that she hasn't really been written as that in sync with George, where Izzy has been.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    This episode again fouled Izzie in my eyes. Just when I was starting to forgive her for stealing that mans heart and endagering the entire hospital to save her boyfriend. I was glad Bailey got her on the $8 million comments. I also wanted George or Calllie to slug her for her treatment of Callie and laughing at her name. Izzie isn't that great a name or nickname either.

Meredith did look more healthy this episode. Her make up was great and her face looked a little rounder.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2225782;
    Except she wouldn't be Callie O'Malley. Female doctors have to be licensed with the same name they applied for. So many women doctors keep their maiden name.
    It's not a requirement, there is a legal process for changing your name on a medical license. It's a pain in the butt, but it can be done. A lot of women don't go through it though. Some don't because they either have parents or grandparents who were doctors and they want to carry on the family tradition, or maybe because they are already established in practice and it wouldn't be practical to make the change.

+ Reply to Thread