+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2224987;
    I'm assuming Izzie kept $700,000 since the 8 million was repeated over and over but not 8.7, plus she has to have a little interest by now to add to whatever she kept. At least I hope she kept some.
    Firstly, its just easier to SAY 8 million than 8.7 million, so I don't think what she said meant anything.

Secondly, she neglected to deposit the check for a long time, as we know, so she's got a lot less interest that she would have.

Third, she paid for that girl's operation in a previous episode. I don't recall the amount, but 3/4 of a mil would not be an uncommon figure for a really complex operation and after care.

Fourth, its kind of bull that what we saw of a clinic cost $8 million. Also, it seems to me what someone would actually do with a real clinic is to line up other doners based on having a CORE of $8 mil in the bank collecting interest for the charity you've set up to administer the clinic. The clinic would be funded by interest AND other donations.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2225191;
    Somebody's got it bad!!!
    Apparently I do. Now if somebody could just tell me where I can find me that man, I think I'll be taking a road trip...

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2225306;
    Firstly, its just easier to SAY 8 million than 8.7 million, so I don't think what she said meant anything.

Secondly, she neglected to deposit the check for a long time, as we know, so she's got a lot less interest that she would have.

Third, she paid for that girl's operation in a previous episode. I don't recall the amount, but 3/4 of a mil would not be an uncommon figure for a really complex operation and after care.

Fourth, its kind of bull that what we saw of a clinic cost $8 million. Also, it seems to me what someone would actually do with a real clinic is to line up other doners based on having a CORE of $8 mil in the bank collecting interest for the charity you've set up to administer the clinic. The clinic would be funded by interest AND other donations.
    Izzie mentioned the 8.7 million a few times so that's why it struck me that she didn't mention it (the .7) this time around. Sometimes I get the feeling that when I post something it's bound to be picked apart no matter what I say. But I did forget about her paying for that girl's operation.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

LG.
    about the realism and the need to continually have "doctors in peril" situations, my hubby (a firefighter) could hardly watch the sequence with the doctors and their air masks running out and no-one else standing by in a hazmat suit there to pull them out. HELLO, when you have a hazardous material situation like a TOXIC WOMAN you call the fire department and they send down trained professionals with air masks that last for a lot longer than 10 seconds or whatever stupid timing they were doing, and they could have equipment to allow the doctors to safely work on the patient. Also there would be trainned personnel suited up and waiting to go in and rescue Addison when she falls down while trying to administer the anethesia, which would have been completely unnecessary because you know actual air tanks and protective gear exists. D'oh. If the doctors at Seattle Grace are this clueless, it is amazing that anyone bothered to call the bomb squad a year ago when the guy had the bazooka shell in him.

Besides that completely unrealistic and stupid display of "how long can we hold our breath" I liked some parts of the episode quite a bit.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I was also wondering why FD was not called. Come on, Shonda!!! You can do better than that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2225434;
    about the realism and the need to continually have "doctors in peril" situations, my hubby (a firefighter) could hardly watch the sequence with the doctors and their air masks running out and no-one else standing by in a hazmat suit there to pull them out. HELLO, when you have a hazardous material situation like a TOXIC WOMAN you call the fire department and they send down trained professionals with air masks that last for a lot longer than 10 seconds or whatever stupid timing they were doing, and they could have equipment to allow the doctors to safely work on the patient. Also there would be trainned personnel suited up and waiting to go in and rescue Addison when she falls down while trying to administer the anethesia, which would have been completely unnecessary because you know actual air tanks and protective gear exists. D'oh. If the doctors at Seattle Grace are this clueless, it is amazing that anyone bothered to call the bomb squad a year ago when the guy had the bazooka shell in him.

Besides that completely unrealistic and stupid display of "how long can we hold our breath" I liked some parts of the episode quite a bit.

Silly LG, everyone knows that the bomb squad was only called in that episode because Meredith needed a man to be attracted to. Now that she's got Derek, there's no need to call in emergency help!

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2225067;
    Okay, let me just say I didn't see next week's preview, but if the Chief does anything to change his looks, I'll be crushed. That man is so gorgeous and when they show a close up of him, I just want to reach out and pet his skin, it looks so smooth and so delicious!! And the touch of gray in his beard and hair just add to the good looks this man has! He has it all over those young guys, if you ask me. But I apparently like older men... but any man with skin like his is worth drooling over.

I'm so pleased I'm not the only one who appreciates the chief.
    McDreamy? Mc Steamy? They've got nothing on the chief imo.

I realize that I DID especially like one aspect of the last episode--the fact that there was an acknowledgment (via the mom from hell) that Meredith is fairly pathetic. We've been harping about how she was originally presented as this brilliant prodigy, and how the show dropped that like a hot potato. Well maybe someone out there in Shondraland read that and incorporated it.

For me it still comes down to an in-your-face realization that Meredith is the character we see in the operating room the least. She's never chasing down surgeries or good cases and never seems critical to any medical plot, other than as an emotional sounding board (and Izzie is used for that far more often). She's there for relationship drama and not much else. She's Abby Lockheart from several seasons back, before they reinvested Abby in a few seasons of medical storylines. But maybe even worse than Abby.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    An yay for Callie and George! I was talking to a friend of mine tonight, and he said the like "dude, she's Callie O'Malley." My response was,"now she's like a hot Mother Goose character."
    Except she wouldn't be Callie O'Malley. Female doctors have to be licensed with the same name they applied for. So many women doctors keep their maiden name.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 02-02-2007 at 07:05 PM.

Would someone mind explaining to me why Izzie and others don't like Callie? I only started watching a few weeks ago (and got hooked against my will ).

+ Reply to Thread