+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree730Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fanatic
    now...does anyone really believe that a FREE medical clinic would open in a big city, and NO ONE shows up? come on now. that exchange between bailey and izzie got realy "old" for me. ah...i feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2224788;
    I love Addison and Alex tonight, too.... but am rather annoyed that she ended up with Mark, no matter how hot I think they are together.
    Ah-ha! See, I think I have figured it out. Remember, she said to Mark that she "wasnt thinking about him at all." And she probably wasnt. She was probably picturing Alex!

An yay for Callie and George! I was talking to a friend of mine tonight, and he said the like "dude, she's Callie O'Malley." My response was,"now she's like a hot Mother Goose character."

Oh yeah! And regarding the previews! I live exactly 15 minutes from downtown Seattle, and I was sitting there thinking, "what kind of disaster will THAT be?"

And Christina had some good lines tonight. My mom and I were both cracking up at her, "that isnt good" line. I also had to laugh at her and Burke at the end.

And i don't agree with you guide54, I actually she looked better in this episode than any we have ever seen in a long.

And yes, I like Izzie... but she was SO anoying this episode.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I believe the disaster is a
    Click to see Spoiler:
    ferry boat accident

Cut Addison some slack for hooking up with Mark. The woman is frustrated over Alex and Mark is a decent stand-in even though we all know her comments indicated she was thinking of Alex.

I felt bad for Meredith about her mother too. I think the mother really wanted to hear all those things from Webber about how their life together could have been and once she got closure (even if he was just telling her all that to make her feel better) she slipped away again.

I hope George and Callie get their own place. I know the idea of them living in Meredith's house would keep them in contact with the others and make for some awkward moments but come on, Callie has been a doctor for a while and she had to be saving some money while living in the hospital all those months.

I'm assuming Izzie kept $700,000 since the 8 million was repeated over and over but not 8.7, plus she has to have a little interest by now to add to whatever she kept. At least I hope she kept some.

Burke and Christina jumping up and down after she said yes was so cute and even though IW is a turd, I'd hate to see his character go. I hope the cast can get past all that and move on. I loved her "I don't do rings" line. Although I don't see how she couldn't make an exception with that gorgeous ring.

I think Mark is out of the running for Chief (even though the Chief probably won't step down now anyway) because when Mark refused to go into the room because he was the last Attending who wasn't affected, I think the Chief saw him as someone who wasn't willing to take risks.

Can't wait for next week!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;2224899;
    now...does anyone really believe that a FREE medical clinic would open in a big city, and NO ONE shows up? come on now. that exchange between bailey and izzie got realy "old" for me. ah...i feel better now.
    It takes time for word to get around to those who need it.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;2224899;
    Not only that, but it opened up in a week's timeframe????
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    Okay, let me just say I didn't see next week's preview, but if the Chief does anything to change his looks, I'll be crushed. That man is so gorgeous and when they show a close up of him, I just want to reach out and pet his skin, it looks so smooth and so delicious!! And the touch of gray in his beard and hair just add to the good looks this man has! He has it all over those young guys, if you ask me. But I apparently like older men... but any man with skin like his is worth drooling over.

What a great episode. Alex saying "ha, she's Callie O'Mally" made me LOL all by myself. I had to rewind it when husband got home to show him.
    Callie talking about the starving cartoon bear, and the table-turkey with waves of deliciousness. So funny. George sticking up for her at the end Also, I had never given much thought to how hard it must be to take care of a loved one with alzheimers.. After the show, husband and I got to talking, and I can't even fathom how difficult and heart wrenching that must be.

About the Cheif possibly changing his looks next week? I didn't see it in the preview... But when you guys mentioned it, the first thing I thought of was the relationship between he and Meridith's mom? He is getting a divorce from his wife now, and when Meridith's mother was lucid, the first thing she said to him was "you've aged!" Perhaps he colored his greys to make himself look a bit younger, so he can continue having some sort of relationship with her, now that she has gone back to thinking it was 5 plus years ago. So he can continue to visit her without her being confused as to why he looks older "suddenly"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2225067;
    Okay, let me just say I didn't see next week's preview, but if the Chief does anything to change his looks, I'll be crushed. That man is so gorgeous and when they show a close up of him, I just want to reach out and pet his skin, it looks so smooth and so delicious!! And the touch of gray in his beard and hair just add to the good looks this man has! He has it all over those young guys, if you ask me. But I apparently like older men... but any man with skin like his is worth drooling over.

Somebody's got it bad!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    I have such mixed feelings towards this episode. The first half, I thought was so funny that I was laughing out loud and thought to myself "This show is back to it's old style, and I like it!" Alex's "She's Callie O'Malley" line was just hilarious - the line of the night! I also really liked the way the storyline with Meredith's mom developed. At first, I got really annoyed and dismissive with her and the way she was so blatantly ignoring the window that she had. But in the scene where she let loose, and told her mother that she was what had happened to her, and she was what had softened her, I felt like I was finally understanding and appreciating Meredith's character. And I loved the parallels they drew between Ellis and Christina.

But then in the second half, they had to go with the big melodramatic move, and it lost me. Why do they have to have one of those outrageous stories that CAN happen, but doesn't happen each day in a hospital in EVERY SINGLE SHOW. We like the characters -- why can't they just build a show on them?

And the timeline with the clinic just annoyed me to no end. Does the hospital really have so few beds filled on a day to day basis that they can sacrifice that large of a space for a free clinic overnight? If so, why do they have so few revenue problems that they can hire a plastic surgeon over night, and consider buying new equipment, flying in patients, etc? I'm not normally a stickler for realism all the time in a show like this -- but there IS a balance to be found between realism and drama. The way the free clinic popped up by Miranda just blinking her eyes and nodding her head, I Dream of Jeanie style, reminded me of when a show like Days of Our Lives ages a character from 5 to 15 overnight because they've got some new teen character and need a love interest real quick.

FORT Fan
    I enjoyed last night's show, but I agree with you Veruka, there does not have to be a crisis every show. I really enjoy the characters and I would be happy if they developed shows around them instead of having a constant crisis. I found Ellis becoming lucid intersting, but the surgeons passing out in the operating room was a little far fetched for me.

+ Reply to Thread