+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I think this has definitely been a case of rumours running rampant because of a really unfortunate event. I've heard, for what it's worth, that when everything hit the fan the first time, there was some consideration on his part, but that's all it was. Since then he's realized what a great gig he does have and how much of a loveable public figure he's become and the support he receives on the show by the audience.

I'm really looking forward to finding out what this mystery is though the hint Kristin from E!Online has been giving is that it's
    Click to see Spoiler:
    a bloody good surprise, a bloody panic, etc emphasizing bloody.

http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stor...n2408692.shtml

T.R. Knight To Leave "Grey's"?
    Reports Say The Actor Is Upset By The Way Scandal Was Handled

NEW YORK, Jan. 29, 2007

CBS) According to reports surfacing on the Internet, T.R. Knight is planning to leave "Grey's Anatomy" over the scandal that has erupted around the homosexual slur directed at him by fellow cast member Isaiah Washington.

MSNBC.com's The Scoop reported that Knight, who plays Dr. George O'Malley on the show, is upset over the way the incident was handled after Washington used the slur in October.

According to The Scoop, Knight was told to keep quiet about the incident. Washington, who plays Dr. Preston Burke, denied using the word about the openly-gay Knight at the Golden Globe awards, prompting outrage from the cast. Knight later appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and said that Washington absolutely used the word.

"He (Knight) kept his word, but then the whole thing blew up again at the Golden Globes, and when he was asked about it, he basically called Isaiah a liar," a source told The Scoop. "He feels that the atmosphere there is so toxic and unhealthy. I suppose things could change and we would stay, but for now, he's planning to leave the show."

After much backlash, including an online petition for ABC to fire Washington, he entered counseling to deal with his behavior. At the Screen Actors' Guild awards last night, co-star Chandra Wilson thanked all "10 cast members" when she gave her acceptance speech for female actor in a drama series. She also added "and the other one in rehab."

The cast of "Grey's Anatomy" won for best ensemble in a drama series, and they all appeared to enjoy Wilson's joke.

Meanwhile, the New York Daily News reported that former coworkers have said that Washington isn't a homophobe, but merely a hot-head.

While staring with Washington in August Wilson's Pulitzer Prize-winning play "Fences," actress Madeline McCray witnessed him punch a fellow actor who was straight and African-American, a source told the paper.

"It's that his anger leads him to say and do things he wishes he hadn't — to everybody. He's always had a lack of control over his temper," the source said. "I worked with Isaiah, and there were some difficulties. He lost his temper and had a physical altercation with one of the other male actors backstage. The actor missed his cue a couple of times, and Isaiah couldn't control himself.

"Isaiah wants it to be perfect. He is a professional, and he expects everybody else to be on their mark, too. But when we're adults, we can't just allow our anger to get the best of us. He's got to get a handle on it. He's jeopardizing the incredible opportunity he's been given — a distinguished role in a hit show created by an African-American woman."

The Daily News also reported that Washington had a meltdown in 2000 against his "Soul Food" co-star, director and producer Tracey Edmonds. He also lost a job on "High Incident" in 1997 after a fight with crew member, which was severe enough to prompt someone to call the police.

McCray told the Daily News that she is "just really happy that he's going to stand up and take responsibility and fix this."

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Well, at least he hasn't punched anyone lately.... With all the talented jobless actors out there it's hard to believe he'll keep getting employed if he can't get his act together.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I hope Knight doesn't leave. He is a great actor and I love the character George.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Actor Is Upset By The Way Scandal Was Handled
    I could buy this seeing as he couldn't crack a smile to save his life on sunday.
    Lately i've become a Kate Walsh advocate for some reason(probably the hair).
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

George would be crazy to leave such a successful show and role of a lifetime. I feel for him, but quitting or asking to be written out doesn't help him. I appreciate his anger over what has happened, but Hollywood is not immune to discrimination by any means. He has to roll with the punches right now and show his strength and character by sticking by the cast and Shonda Rimes. They are all behind him anyway.

I would really, really, miss George.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2221601;
    George would be crazy to leave such a successful show and role of a lifetime. I feel for him, but quitting or asking to be written out doesn't help him. I appreciate his anger over what has happened, but Hollywood is not immune to discrimination by any means. He has to roll with the punches right now and show his strength and character by sticking by the cast and Shonda Rimes. They are all behind him anyway.

I would really, really, miss George.

well said. it will be silly for him to leave the show and give Isiah that satisfaction. This is a role of a lifetime!!!

WHAT????? Okay. So Alex tells Christina that he is scrubbing in on a valve sugery with Burke. Merideth's mom comes out of her "trance" and is now completely lucid. At the DDMFC (Denny Duquette Memorial Free Clinic) a very nervous Izzy is told by Bailey to watch the door. She does. First to enter are McSteamy and the Chief. Next are O'Malley and Callie. O'Malley announces that they got married in Vegas. Izzie makes a comment about the diamond being small (no one will ever try to steal it)
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I forgot this was on! I hope my DVR caught it! Oh whew it did... I'll be back...
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I didn't see that coming at all! Wow.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread