+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2218275;
    Is it different in Canada or outside the U.S. perhaps?

Good point! I always assumed Callie was higher up on the medical food chain than Bailey!

I will say, for all the soap opera tendencies of this show, when they get it right, they get it RIGHT! Do you all remember the episode a few months back where Addison is looking at an ultrasound, leaves the room and kinda loses it 'cause she knows she's going to have tell the young couple that the baby this woman has been carrying for almost nine months has already died, but that the woman will still have to give birth to it? When I miscarried, I was thinking about that episode 'cause it was almost exactly the same thing (except I was only half as far along). When I was in the hospital and saw the baby was not moving, I knew--partly because of that episode. "Grey's Anatomy" gets a lot of those moments right. I really like how the show manages to mix the unbelievable with things that are heartbreaking in their reality. That's what makes me keep coming back. I don't like most of the Meredith/McDreamy stroylines, but hearing Bailey sing a lullabye to her baby over the phone, watching Callie console George when his father dies, and seeing friends sticking up for each other all make it worth while!
    I had the same reaction.. its never easy. Having to see it on TV after having gone thru it made it hit me that much harder.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Pluckyduk8;2218280;
    Sorry, a correction. An intern is by definition a first year resident. Lots on this show is beyond innacurate, I wouldn't even want to start. My only idea on why we don't see Callie with an attending is that she is considered a consultant, so she'll come down to see somebody on her own.
    Yes, but she still has to report to her attending. Residents can't do anything on their own, without an attending signing off on it.

ETA: This point doesn't matter... I think from an accuracy stand point though, I've always wondered where her attending is

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2217268;
    Time is a bit hard to gauge in the Greys-verse, so its not easy to know exactly how much time has passed since the first episode (NOT close to three years, as is implied by this being the third season though, I think),
    They actually discussed this a couple of shows ago in two different scenes between Derek and Mark and Mark and Addison.... not quite a year has passed since the show started.

Seems a little odd, doesn't it?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2218442;
    They actually discussed this a couple of shows ago in two different scenes between Derek and Mark and Mark and Addison.... not quite a year has passed since the show started.

Seems a little odd, doesn't it?
    Ergo, Bailey is still a resident, and easily at least a decade or so away from an administrative position.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think the chief is still going to retire. He seems kind of broken. I wonder if he'll somehow get involved with Miranda's clinic to fill up his time?

From watching the previews--particularly the clip of Callie and George in the elevator looking upset--I think Callie's going to say no. And I think she's right. George is not dealing with his grief in normal ways, and it's too soon for him to make a really rational decision about this.

Not that people as disfunctional as Burke and Yang have a lot of promise for the future. But I think she'll say yes after her speech (and it was a great one--sometimes I really love the writers of this show!).

I am not a Mer/McDreamy fan at all. I came into the show late and never saw the falling-in-love sequence that was supposed to make me like them. However, I thought his little closing speech was very sweet, too. Sadly, though, if I were her, I would still have trust issues, not just from my past, but with him specifically. I can see him walking out over stupid things.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar
    If Callie says no to George then I think this will be the last hope of them being together.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spegs;2218659;
    I think the chief is still going to retire. He seems kind of broken. I wonder if he'll somehow get involved with Miranda's clinic to fill up his time?

From watching the previews--particularly the clip of Callie and George in the elevator looking upset--I think Callie's going to say no. And I think she's right. George is not dealing with his grief in normal ways, and it's too soon for him to make a really rational decision about this.

Not that people as disfunctional as Burke and Yang have a lot of promise for the future. But I think she'll say yes after her speech (and it was a great one--sometimes I really love the writers of this show!).

I am not a Mer/McDreamy fan at all. I came into the show late and never saw the falling-in-love sequence that was supposed to make me like them. However, I thought his little closing speech was very sweet, too. Sadly, though, if I were her, I would still have trust issues, not just from my past, but with him specifically. I can see him walking out over stupid things.

All spoilers aside.. I think it will be Christina that says no, simply because of what she told Burke. I think the writers wanted the viewers to take it as she wanted to be married to him, but given who Christina is I can't see her married at all.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I thought I read somewhere that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Callie and George will be the one's who were getting married

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    And yet, they look 3 years older... Meredith in particular has not aged well. She does NOT look like an intern. She looks like one of those women who had a mid-career change and went back to school. I think she looks so much older than the other interns 'cause she's so damned thin -- and sometimes really thin women don't age as well in the face. It's difficult for me to keep track of who's an intern, resident etc. 'cause there's little difference in the actors' ages. Burke and Sloan look older. Christina, Meredith and Addison look about the same age. Bailey looks younger than Christina and Meredith. Izzie looks about the age she's supposed to play...You get my point...

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    One thing to put all the timing in perspective...Addison would have been 9 months pregnant on the last show or so... when she was supposed to deliver Sloan's baby. Given that she was probably at least a couple of months pregnant before she left NY she can't have been on the show more than "7" months.
    One question about the Amish shunning....so the dying girl's mom actually broke the rule by telling the friend (who had been baptized before she left so can never go back, unlike the dying girl who had not been baptized before she left), that the mom would tell the friend's mom that she grew up to be a good woman, right? That is, she wasn't shunning her when she told her that. I wonder if there are exceptions to the rule...e.g., if you saw shunned person was about to be hit by a car could you warn them?

+ Reply to Thread