+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2218071;
    I'm in good company, this was the first Grey's Anatomy episode I got choked up with.
    It was really interesting how they worded the episode preview on my tv: "one of Seattle Grace's doctors will receive a proposal". Which makes sense because Callie is a doctor and Yang is still a resident. Those clever writers.
    No. Callie is a resident, and Yang is an intern.

Man, two proposals to wait for an answer to. I hope Callie says yes also. I didn't even see it coming when Bailey needed the funding for the clinic, that Izzie would step up. I guess I thought she was against it like the others. I thought it was funny when Derek called Bailey "the Nazi's back". I had forgot they were calling her that in the beginning. I can't imagine what's going to make them all pass out in surgery. Will have to wait and see.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Does anyone remember when a bunch of people passed out in an ER years ago, and they never determined why? This actually happened. I think one of the people even ended up on a ventilator. I want to say that they attributed that to 'mass hysteria', but the people remember being overcome by a strong (possibly) ammonia-like smell that seemed to come from a patient. I don't know whatever happened in that case, but I couldn't see the 'mass hysteria' being the cause. I want to say that they couldn't find the cause from the patient or the environment.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2218098;
    No. Callie is a resident, and Yang is an intern.
    But even as an intern, isn't Christina still considered a doctor? Patients and other staff members call the intern "doctor" so do titles such as intern, resident, attending, have more to do with how many years of training a doctor has?

(Callie, I know you weren't the one to post about the distinction of "doctor" and were just clearing it up for canadian_angel. I just used your post to ask my question. )
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2218121;
    But even as an intern, isn't Christina still considered a doctor? Patients and other staff members call the intern "doctor" so do titles such as intern, resident, attending, have more to do with how many years of training a doctor has?

(Callie, I know you weren't the one to post about the distinction of "doctor" and were just clearing it up for canadian_angel. I just used your post to ask my question. )
    Yes, that's exactly right. They are all doctors. The day you graduate from medical school you are officially a doctor.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    You might be a dumb doctor, but you are a doctor!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks for the lesson guys! I honestly thought interns still had to complete a year before in-hospital officially being considered a "doctor". Well now, I guess it wasn't just a cleverly worded preview, but rather one that hid the other half of the proposals.

Yes. Your degree from medical school (or DO school), gives you your MD (or DO).

The only reason I posted that, was because Yang isn't a resident. She's an intern. Callie is still a resident.

Speaking of which... how come we NEVER see Callie with her attending? She's always on her own. Callie and Miranda are the same (both residents). We see Miranda with her attendings... how come we never see Callie with hers?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2218177;
    Thanks for the lesson guys! I honestly thought interns still had to complete a year before in-hospital officially being considered a "doctor". Well now, I guess it wasn't just a cleverly worded preview, but rather one that hid the other half of the proposals.
    Is it different in Canada or outside the U.S. perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2218252;
    Speaking of which... how come we NEVER see Callie with her attending? She's always on her own. Callie and Miranda are the same (both residents). We see Miranda with her attendings... how come we never see Callie with hers?
    Good point! I always assumed Callie was higher up on the medical food chain than Bailey!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2217920;
    Yesterday I went shopping and the store was full of Amish *we have a lot of them around here* I started thinking about the episode and got all sad in the store
    I will say, for all the soap opera tendencies of this show, when they get it right, they get it RIGHT! Do you all remember the episode a few months back where Addison is looking at an ultrasound, leaves the room and kinda loses it 'cause she knows she's going to have tell the young couple that the baby this woman has been carrying for almost nine months has already died, but that the woman will still have to give birth to it? When I miscarried, I was thinking about that episode 'cause it was almost exactly the same thing (except I was only half as far along). When I was in the hospital and saw the baby was not moving, I knew--partly because of that episode. "Grey's Anatomy" gets a lot of those moments right. I really like how the show manages to mix the unbelievable with things that are heartbreaking in their reality. That's what makes me keep coming back. I don't like most of the Meredith/McDreamy stroylines, but hearing Bailey sing a lullabye to her baby over the phone, watching Callie console George when his father dies, and seeing friends sticking up for each other all make it worth while!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 01-27-2007 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2218252;
    Yes. Your degree from medical school (or DO school), gives you your MD (or DO).

The only reason I posted that, was because Yang isn't a resident. She's an intern. Callie is still a resident.

Sorry, a correction. An intern is by definition a first year resident. Lots on this show is beyond innacurate, I wouldn't even want to start. My only idea on why we don't see Callie with an attending is that she is considered a consultant, so she'll come down to see somebody on her own.

+ Reply to Thread