+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2217135;
    I'm sorry to say I've found myself saying the same thing about her since I started watching the show. In my opinion, she is the least interesting character on the show and it's a head-scratcher how those gorgeous doctor would even look twice at her. Plus her character acts more like a soriety girl than a doctor.

Reading the posts, I guess I'm wrong in thinking that this show has lost some of its quirkiness that made it so wonderful in the beginning.

And didn't ER do a show about contamination that caused bunches of people to pass out. This seems like a recycled idea, if you ask me.
    well, in all fairness, we haven't seen the episode, so we don't know the reasons for the passing out. i can't wait to see it, though. i agree with the sorority girl behavior, but i can accept it better since callie's explaination at denny's wake....they are socially retarded...the focus has been so long on academics, it is, "like high school, with scalpels" (btw, still LOVE that line!) lol.

I happen to think the actress playing Meredith is very pretty. The way she walks bugs me though, she kind of waddles. But I agree that it's time she do something about her hair.

Last night's ep was pretty good. I felt so bad for the Chief. So he's been staying in a hotel for months? That must have racked up a big bill. I guess there will be divorce issues with them in future episodes.

I don't like the recent behavior of IW but I do like his character for the most part. I wouldn't have a problem at all if he stays on the show. There are other actors who I don't particularly care for their personal beliefs but I still watch their show.

Regarding Meredith's mother, I remember an episode sometime back where Derek got the mother into a trial drug program. He told Meredith it wouldn't cure her but could make a difference. I guess the previews next week are an indication of the drug helping her. I'm sure it's short-lived but the purpose of her having some lucid moments is probably to provide closure to both Meredith and the Chief, and possibly even to Meredith's father, before she slips away again (probably for good). I'm just guessing .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2216958;
    He wanted her to learn to do things on her own because of right now she isn't ready to be Chief, but soon she would be. I think that he may want Bailey to take his place and will wait until he feels she is ready.
    Time is a bit hard to gauge in the Greys-verse, so its not easy to know exactly how much time has passed since the first episode (NOT close to three years, as is implied by this being the third season though, I think), but one of the reasons Bailey is "not ready" is because, I believe, she's still a Resident, even though a senior one. And even if that's due to soon change, or already has somewhat subtly off-screen, you don't go straight from Resident to "Chief of Surgery".

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2217007;
    When the Cheif said - Is there a man in my house? I felt so bad for him. Yep, he was warned, yep, he brought it on himself, but to realize there is another man - in your house- possibly in your bed- with your wife- *shiver* It's really hard not to feel badly for him.
    I think we are supposed to recall that not only did he bring it upon himself by not meeting her demands, but even more so by cheating on her first. So if we feel bad for him, that's got to temper it quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2216939;
    It was stated that Burke has a huge story line coming up when they were discussing how weird it would be to fire IW and not write Burke out of the show....hmmmmm I still think it's Callie who says no. Gut feeling, not sure why.
    Honestly, the best way to salvage Burke as a character might be to actually let him "win" the Chief's job. If that happens Washington can be written like Kerry on E.R.--as "frequently busy doing something administrative"--thus letting Washington continue to collect his paycheck, appear in the credits, but actually be on screen much less. A season of this, with him just popping up to say "good job" to someone, or appear in some administrative-y scenes, and people may forget about his little P.R. problem a bit and they can start involving him in more day to day plots. Of course you'd also have to break Christina up with him or choose to not show them at home that often as well.
    Last edited by Krom; 01-26-2007 at 05:11 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    With each episode I come to love George more and more. T. R. Knight is such a good actor. I hope Callie says yes, if not now, then later.

I agree with previous comments that Meredith has become less central to the show and that's fine with me. The other storylines are just as good, if not better.

I'm glad Izzy donated the money to the clinic but then she had to name it after Denny. Still no sympathy for her or him.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2217167;
    Regarding Meredith's mother, I remember an episode sometime back where Derek got the mother into a trial drug program. He told Meredith it wouldn't cure her but could make a difference. I guess the previews next week are an indication of the drug helping her. I'm sure it's short-lived but the purpose of her having some lucid moments is probably to provide closure to both Meredith and the Chief, and possibly even to Meredith's father, before she slips away again (probably for good). I'm just guessing .
    I hope if they are bringing her out of this then I hope they keep the storyline going awhile and don't do what they did to Laura Spencer on General Hospital.

Callie O'Malley!

Ohhh they better have her say yes.
    How could you pass up prime joke fodder like that?
    Ryming names=funny
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2217084;
    ...At the end, when the Amish mother told the friend that she would tell her parents that she had grown up to be a fine young woman, I almost lost it. It was so sweet!
    i DID cry

I did too.
    Yesterday I went shopping and the store was full of Amish *we have a lot of them around here* I started thinking about the episode and got all sad in the store
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2217916;
    i DID cry
    I cried when I saw the end of the episode on Thursday, I bawled when I watched it again last night...
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

I'm in good company, this was the first Grey's Anatomy episode I got choked up with.
    It was really interesting how they worded the episode preview on my tv: "one of Seattle Grace's doctors will receive a proposal". Which makes sense because Callie is a doctor and Yang is still a resident. Those clever writers.

+ Reply to Thread