+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

It was stated that Burke has a huge story line coming up when they were discussing how weird it would be to fire IW and not write Burke out of the show....hmmmmm I still think it's Callie who says no. Gut feeling, not sure why.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Well, Christina did say she was in it for the long haul. I think she'll say yes. It would be too much work going through all of this kind of stuff again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2216894;
    I don't think the Chief is going to retire now...now that his wife has left him--I mean really left him--he has no need to change his workaholic ways. I think the board or whatever will be fine with him asking for his job back. (And while I thought she was a little cold hearted to him by slamming the door on him, I also thought it was great she had moved on. She had already given him plenty of chances, stood by him even after his affair with Grey Sr., asked him to spend more time with her, and then finally told him months ago that she wasn't waiting any more for him. Like a lot of clueless men, he had no idea she was talking to him! )

Lois, I don't think the chief will retire now either. Like you said, there is no reason to change the person he is right now. Not to mention, when Bailey finally confronted him about his retiring and sending her on a wild goose chase to get the doctors to agree with her free clinic. He said to her that he didn't do that on purpose. He wanted her to learn to do things on her own because of right now she isn't ready to be Chief, but soon she would be. I think that he may want Bailey to take his place and will wait until he feels she is ready.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey
    I kind of think the storyline with the chief and his wife is a set up for things to come with Meredith's mom. I wonder if they're not going to let her die in the coming months. By ending his marriage, and doing it in the way they did (wife gave him an ultimatium, he answered to it, but not fast enough - so he failed in his marriage, but in a "good guy" way) they would allow him to deal with Meredith's mom in a more sympathetic light. With the scenes for next week, they MAY plan on making her better so the two can be reunited. But I tend to think that will be just a temporary thing, she'll take a turn for the worse, and he'll be able to deal with that and play an important role in helping Meredith ... kind of the "step dad she never had".

Sounded like, to me, that the Chief may only retiring as Chief of Surgery, and not completely. Also agree that Meredith's mom might be about to die. With her memory returning...this could be the bright light before the light goes completely out....a pretty common phenomenon in a lot of very sick people (but I don't know hardly anything about Alzheimer's).
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-26-2007 at 01:29 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't think the Chief will reitre now either. As for the rest of the AppleDumpin Gang - none of them is ready to be chief. Bailey is the only one to have the guts to make the Chief answer to her - loved her demanding that the senior docs all sign her proposals. I was thinking - who but Bailey could order her superiors to do something and they comply?
    Of course we knew since the first metion of the word 'funding' that Izzie would be throwing her 8 million dollars at the project.

It really bothered me that everyone felt they had to keep reminding Bailey that she was a surgeon - like that should make her care less or something. I'm glad Bailey realized that she is 'both' .. and still the formidable Nazi

When the Cheif said - Is there a man in my house? I felt so bad for him. Yep, he was warned, yep, he brought it on himself, but to realize there is another man - in your house- possibly in your bed- with your wife- *shiver* It's really hard not to feel badly for him.

Meredith needs her hair done, it's looking as mousy and lackluster as the character herself.

Buglover, I didn't see the look on Callie's face as horror, I thought she looked 'gobsmacked', just incredulous! Her McDreamy is asking her to marry him. How Fab! but then reality will set in and she'll be the big man and say no until he can come to terms with his father's passing.
    The Amish girl was such a sad case. Only 23.
    I was shocked that Burke proposed! The first words out of his mouth in weeks is Marry Me? Now THAT's a story to tell your grandkids.

Great epi! I can't wait to see what happens next week!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2217007;
    IThe Amish girl was such a sad case. Only 23.
    The actress who played her was gorgeous and incredibly sympathetic. I was happy that she would go home to die with her family and be taken care of without having to worry about how to pay the rent. At the end, when the Amish mother told the friend that she would tell her parents that she had grown up to be a fine young woman, I almost lost it. It was so sweet!

I always lose it watching this show. I've lost a parent, a child, survived cervical cancer and this show makes me cry each and every time I watch it. It makes me feel so blessed to be alive and thankful to have such emotion.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2217007;

Meredith needs her hair done, it's looking as mousy and lackluster as the character herself.
    I'm sorry to say I've found myself saying the same thing about her since I started watching the show. In my opinion, she is the least interesting character on the show and it's a head-scratcher how those gorgeous doctor would even look twice at her. Plus her character acts more like a soriety girl than a doctor.

Reading the posts, I guess I'm wrong in thinking that this show has lost some of its quirkiness that made it so wonderful in the beginning.

And didn't ER do a show about contamination that caused bunches of people to pass out. This seems like a recycled idea, if you ask me.

Meredith could do with a nice, really cute, refreshing haircut.

+ Reply to Thread