+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I watched it online and it took about 5 attempts because it kept freezing up. I never could get about 10 seconds of time to work between when Alex sits next to Addison and then they kiss. I hope I didn't miss too much.

Very good episode!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

The look on Callie's face when she was talking about George to McSteamy. Aw, it made me love her even more. The way she smiled and her eyes lit up. Ah, Sarah Ramirez is so freaking awesome.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I hope that Merideth will give him (her father) a second chance too, but I don't see it happening. When she asked him if there was "a drawer full of cards" and what his side of the story was, he really floundered his way through it. I think she will be satisfied with the snoring connection and let the rest go.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2;2209326;
    Also loved the scene where George realized the cheque was no longer on the fridge, hilarious!
    Lol so did I. Was anybody else waiting for Izzie to slap George with her spatula?
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City
    I thought the entire two-part episode was fantastic. Too many parts to single out. I felt it truly showed how so much of our lives - personal and professional - are intertwined and it's impossible to separate one from the other. Like Izzy said, "I'm both."

Cried my way through last night's show. What a talented group.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2209616;
    Lol so did I. Was anybody else waiting for Izzie to slap George with her spatula?
    Yes, I kept thinking he was going to have french toast stuck to the side of his cheek. Typical George humor to crawl around on the floor looking for the check
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2209433;
    Just one eeeeny bit of defense of IW based upon your comment, tbeckett. (But I do think he was an idiot.) He didn't resurrect the can of worms... the media kept it going. But he didn't need to respond in the manner he did, even when obviously provoked. The frustration and desperation in his eyes when he rushed for the mike (no excuse.. just observation!) was obvious.. and that's what he needs to learn to control. The impulsive temper definitely has him speaking without thinking.
    Its a hard debate on who really "started" the trouble. Sure Washington was being asked about it, but he has to have been asked about it HUNDREDS of times in the past few months. This wasn't exactly a unique situation. And I don't think it was a matter of temper, as much as stupidity, because in the clip (the one with him and the whole cast, not the Billy Bush one) you can hear the jocular tone he's trying to assume. He had the horrible judgment to not only lie, but also to dare to think that he could turn it into a joke to redeem himself.

The ironic thing to me is that since he's an outspoken type I'd bet almost ANY amount of money that at some point he's given a lecture to someone about callous use of the "N" word (you know, the one that looks like the name of an African country, but isn't). Heck, I bet he's on record if someone looks hard enough in some interview or other about racial intolerance. Now did it ever occur to him that if someone did the EXACT same thing with the "N" word, he'd be all over it? I'm not even talking about the insult on set as much as the crass attempt to make a joke out of it by repeating it at that press conference. Turn the situation around. If T.R. Knight had said "No, I did not call Isiah a N*****", wouldn't the man be pretty much crucified by everyone across the whole spectrum, from Al Sharpton to Bill O'Reilly? And is there any doubt that someone who did that would lose his job immediately and forever? What's the difference then with Isiah doing what he did? And the man should know it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I balled when George's father took a turn for the worse and they had to remove him from life support. The scene with George asking Izzie about the check was so funny and yes I was waiting for her to hit him with the spatula. Isaah Washington needs to think before he speaks. Now his job is in jeopardy because of his mouth.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2209145;
    This episode was so well acted. I don't think that I have ever cried so much while watching an episode. The writers, producers, actors...well everyone involved, should be commended for a great episode.
    T.R. Knight was really good. I had to turn off the end scenes and get a recap from my mother because I was . George's brothers turning to him for advice and George turning to Dr. Bailey. I'm glad it ended in shuch a sweet way with Christina and George.

I totally choked when George's dad died. I hated that, I kept reassuring myself that maybe he will survive but he never did. I really enjoy it when a show portrays real emotions like these actors do. It's amazing how they collectively do such a good job, and that, to me is why I am so happy that they won the Golden Globe. Hats off to them.

+ Reply to Thread