+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree679Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Thanks Veruka
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I won't be home tonight to re-watch it. What the heck was that scene between George and Callie? They were jumping up and down and excited about something and I thought I heard him say something about "bright yellow pee"? What was that all about?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2209381;
    I won't be home tonight to re-watch it. What the heck was that scene between George and Callie? They were jumping up and down and excited about something and I thought I heard him say something about "bright yellow pee"? What was that all about?
    In one of the scenes where Burke was advising George on his dad's case, he had told him that the risk after surgery was that his organs would start shutting down. Burke told him to watch the kidney function, because that would be the first sign of organ failure. So George was checking for pee, to know whether or not the kidneys were functioning. When the bag had a lot in it, that meant they were working - and he and Callie were the only two in the room who understood what a good sign that was.

FORT Fogey
    Last night's episode was one reason why Grey's anatomy won the golden globe.
    Excellent. The music, the camera angles, the facial expression, the dialogue......

Okay. Now I understand it. I get that at the time he probably didn't want to be consoled or comforted but it would've been nice to see Callie comfort him with a hug. But Christina's speech was nice too. I didn't hear her explanation about how her dad died. I just heard her say that it happened when she was 9. It was very nice though. Glad to see a smile on Heather's face for a change instead of hearing her gripe and be b****y to everyone all the time.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Issues?

Quote Originally Posted by missx;2209008;
    I am sooooo tired of this T.R and Isaiah crap.It's time for us grown up to move on and stop acting like kids in a playground. We have co -worker and T.R's bodyguard Katherine making matters worse.
    We will NEVER NEVER know what was said between these two men because this is a he said, he said thing.Isaiah had no choice but to apolgize to something he did or didn't say because T.R instead of going to Isaiah and handle this like 2 grown men in private.He went on Ellen for some sympathy because he couldn't fight his own battles by himself.This should be between these 2 men and nobody else.T.R has everybody fighting his battles and that's why america has to here this crap over and over again on TV.
    Don't want to call you a homophobe and start a fight with you cause we're not supposed to do that here but what are you talking about?

IW is the idiot that resurrected the can of worms just when things were beginning to die down. For you to defend him and continue the attack on TR is absurd. If you saw TR on Ellen you'd know he did his best to say very little and awkwardly kept saying, "I just don't know what to say." If TR had said the "N" word, would you have just expected IW to sit back and get over it. To the gay community, the "F" word is equally offensive.

Just one eeeeny bit of defense of IW based upon your comment, tbeckett. (But I do think he was an idiot.) He didn't resurrect the can of worms... the media kept it going. But he didn't need to respond in the manner he did, even when obviously provoked. The frustration and desperation in his eyes when he rushed for the mike (no excuse.. just observation!) was obvious.. and that's what he needs to learn to control. The impulsive temper definitely has him speaking without thinking.

TR is definitely an innocent victim in this entire situation. And I find it sad that someone criticizes the fact that he went on Ellen when asked. It's not like he's out there inviting publicity and giving a multitude of interviews saying "woe is me, Isaiah is a *&^%*$ jerk!"
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fan
    I loved the part when Izzie told Bailey that she was a surgeon, but she was also a human being with feelings and that she could be both and refused to give up either side of herself!!!!!! That was awesome!!!!!!

George's "I don't know how to exist in a world without him in it." and Christine's "Yeah, that doesn't get any better." (probably not exact quotes, but the jist anyway) resonated so much with me -- having recently comforted my best friend in her loss of her father, after my father's death 5 years ago.

A shining example of excellent writing and excellent acting.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

LG.
    hopefully George will realize that Callie really "gets" him and actually wants to be with him, and not just friends. That was what his dad told him before his surgery, and then Callie doing the "pee dance" was proof of that connection. I liked last night's episode and hopes that Meredith gives her father a second chance, like the Chief was encouraging her.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread