+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2209145;
    This episode was so well acted. I don't think that I have ever cried so much while watching an episode. The writers, producers, actors...well everyone involved, should be commended for a great episode.
    Every week.. and i DO mean every week im in tears watching this show. This is one of the only shows i will rush home to watch, turn off the phone, give the kid a gallon of ice cream and ignore the world for
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey
    I think I want to watch this episode again when it airs tonight. I cannot remember if they'd ever revealed what happened with Christina's father before last night. If they had, I missed it. I knew that she'd grown up with stepfathers, but didn't know what happened to her dad. Knowing it now sheds even more light on the scene between Christina and Meredith where Meredith confessed that she was a little jealous of George for having a dad to lose. Given the circumstances, there was a lot of room for Christina to go off on Meredith's insenstivity saying that to her. But she didn't. She continued to listen to her as a friend. For as self-centered and stubborn as Christina can be, she's got a big big heart.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2208993;
    I personally know how difficult it is to lose a father in such a painful way.
    My sympthies Nilesgirl, Broadway and OneTVSlave.
    My dad went into the hospital and, to make a long story short, ended up intubated. My dad was not conscious and the doctors all wanted the tube to remain - but my dad had already made us all promise that we would never do that to him under any circumstance. So they were pressuring my family to keep him on support and we knew it wasn't what he wanted. It was a tough time, my mom caved and had the tube remain, and in the doctors eyes, I was the bad daughter for sticking up for my dad's wishes. Eventually he came around long enough to insist that the tube be removed and a few days later, he slipped away.
    Cristina's words were spot on.

Alex and Addy must be stopped! I know I am in the minority here, but for me, the two of them together are not hot, and as his superior, she should not be looking to him for comfort.

Unfortunately, sometimes reality intrudes on my suspension of disbelief - interns don't just pick and choose where they work from day to day and a certain actor who called another actor a nasty name spoiled what should have been a really nice scene.

Veruka - Maybe Cristina never revealed to Meredith that she also lost her dad?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2209145;
    This episode was so well acted. I don't think that I have ever cried so much while watching an episode. The writers, producers, actors...well everyone involved, should be commended for a great episode.
    My sentiments exactly JLuvs. I was in tears through the whole episode. I knew George was going to be put in that position to make a decision. It was good to see the brothers actually look at George for his professional opinion. Great acting on everyone's part.

At the end when Bailey was sitting on the table and Izzie came up to her and said she is both was great too. I think she made Bailey realize that she is a lot more like her than she thinks and there is nothing wrong with caring about your patients
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2209303;

Veruka - Maybe Cristina never revealed to Meredith that she also lost her dad?
    That's my impression. I don't think that Meredith knew, and had no idea what kind of hurt it would cause Christina for her to be talking like she was. But Christina also knew that Meredith was hurting in that moment. So instead of telling her what Meredith's words were making her feel, Christina chose to put her own feelings aside in order to support a friend. I've said before that my favorite part of the show is that the characters are painted a million shades of grey, rather than having the "good kind ones" and the "mean selfish ones". Christina, in last night's episode, is a great example of that.

I just loved last night when the family really turned to George for "the answers." Up until this point the brothers had teased George for choosing to become a doctor but last night it appears as though they now look to him as the "man of the family." I was with all of you.

Also loved the scene where George realized the cheque was no longer on the fridge, hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2209316;
    At the end when Bailey was sitting on the table and Izzie came up to her and said she is both was great too. I think she made Bailey realize that she is a lot more like her than she thinks and there is nothing wrong with caring about your patients
    Agreed! Loved that scene... and I think that emphasized a major theme in last night's show: that sometimes we become so insulated in our pain that we forget that there are others that are going/have gone through the same thing and can help us through. The scenes between Callie/Addison, George/Callie (nonverbal), Christina/George, Meredith/Christina, Burke/George, Meredith/her father (snoring), Bailey/Izzie... all really hammered the point home and they were all incredibly touching.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka
    But Christina also knew that Meredith was hurting in that moment. So instead of telling her what Meredith's words were making her feel, Christina chose to put her own feelings aside in order to support a friend.
    The scene between Callie and Addison really demonstrated that, too. Callie put her own frustrations aside to listen to Addison's story of aborting Mark's baby.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

It will re-air! Oh thank heavens. I missed it because I was watching the Oprah I recorded earlyer in the day. I cried a little during that, but I could use a good choking sob fest. What station and time will it be on tonight?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2209366;
    It will re-air! Oh thank heavens. I missed it because I was watching the Oprah I recorded earlyer in the day. I cried a little during that, but I could use a good choking sob fest. What station and time will it be on tonight?
    ABC at 8PM EST. They re-air it most weeks in that time period.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2;2209326;
    Also loved the scene where George realized the cheque was no longer on the fridge, hilarious!
    Oh I forgot about that part. That was friggin hilarious. Just gotta love George
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread