+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Dont wanna be fatesealed! meeka6's Avatar
    I completely agree. Having watched TR on Ellen and having just read this "statement" from Isaiah, he clearly DID say it and is acknowledging he was wrong.

Dont know if I can post the link or just the text?

"I apologize to T.R., my colleagues, the fans of the show and especially the lesbian and gay community for using a word that is unacceptable in any context or circumstance. By repeating the word Monday night, I marred what should have been a perfect night for everyone who works on Grey’s Anatomy. I can neither defend nor explain my behavior. I can also no longer deny to myself that there are issues I obviously need to examine within my own soul, and I've asked for help.

I know the power of words, especially those that demean. I realize that by using one filled with disrespect I have hurt more than T.R. and my colleagues. With one word, I’ve hurt everyone who has struggled for the respect so many of us take for granted. I welcome the chance to meet with leaders of the gay and lesbian community to apologize in person and to talk about what I can do to heal the wounds I’ve opened.

T.R.’s courage throughout this entire episode speaks to his tremendous character. I hold his talent, and T.R. as a person, in high esteem. I know a mere apology will not end this, and I intend to let my future actions prove my sincerity."

I personally know how difficult it is to lose a father in such a painful way. While I didn't have to make a painful choice to take him off life support, I do know how difficult it is to come to the realization that he's just not there anymore. Poor George having to make this decision is just heart wrenching! It's a matter of quality of life. Like George said, he's in pain, he can't breathe on his own and medication can only do so much and it's not working anymore. It's more humane to just let him go. God, I can't quit crying.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Newbie
    I am sooooo tired of this T.R and Isaiah crap.It's time for us grown up to move on and stop acting like kids in a playground. We have co -worker and T.R's bodyguard Katherine making matters worse.
    We will NEVER NEVER know what was said between these two men because this is a he said, he said thing.Isaiah had no choice but to apolgize to something he did or didn't say because T.R instead of going to Isaiah and handle this like 2 grown men in private.He went on Ellen for some sympathy because he couldn't fight his own battles by himself.This should be between these 2 men and nobody else.T.R has everybody fighting his battles and that's why america has to here this crap over and over again on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2208993;
    I personally know how difficult it is to lose a father in such a painful way. While I didn't have to make a painful choice to take him off life support, I do know how difficult it is to come to the realization that he's just not there anymore. Poor George having to make this decision is just heart wrenching! It's a matter of quality of life. Like George said, he's in pain, he can't breathe on his own and medication can only do so much and it's not working anymore. It's more humane to just let him go. God, I can't quit crying.
    In less than two weeks, it will be the two-year anniversary of my Dad's death. I bawled like a baby throughout this whole episode as well. It is still hard for me to accept that I don't have a living Dad anymore; I found Cristina's words very poignant when she said that you never really get used to it. It doesn't matter how rational you are and how part of you is relieved that your Dad is not ill and suffering any longer; it doesn't change the fact that he is gone. I find the show so well-written and the way they deal with all these heart-breaking issues makes me love it all the more.

I loved that they had the moment of humor with George's brother stinking up the hall. It made the whole thing so much more real, because their laughter was product of their fear and nerves and their desire for something to distract them from the situation at hand. Nice shot of Callie and George together.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2208993;
    nilesgirl... I agree. Unfortunately I had to do this very thing with my grandfather exactly one year ago yesterday. I was in complete tears throughout the last half of the episode, as it so closely mirrored our situation. He went into the hospital on Thanksgiving night, 2005 for a relatively innocent issue never to come out again as organ after organ began to fail and we had no choice but to take him off of life support.

So kudos once again to the writers of Grey's for such an amazingly realistic portrayal.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by missx;2209008;
    I am sooooo tired of this T.R and Isaiah crap.It's time for us grown up to move on and stop acting like kids in a playground. We have co -worker and T.R's bodyguard Katherine making matters worse.
    We will NEVER NEVER know what was said between these two men because this is a he said, he said thing.Isaiah had no choice but to apolgize to something he did or didn't say because T.R instead of going to Isaiah and handle this like 2 grown men in private.He went on Ellen for some sympathy because he couldn't fight his own battles by himself.This should be between these 2 men and nobody else.T.R has everybody fighting his battles and that's why america has to here this crap over and over again on TV.
    But there were witnesses, and they support TR Knight's version. So to say "we will never know" means that we have to disbelieve a group of people, not just one or the other.

Plus the entire world heard Washington say "I did not call T.R. a f@gg@t" on the Golden Globes post-show interview the other day. I heard it. Anyone who looks up the clip online can. At the very least that proves he's dumb as a post, if not what he did or didn't do during the original incident.

As for Knight going on Ellen, I think that was only in response to the fact that this blew up again because Washington made that very public statement at the Globes. So many others had made public statements by that point on the matter, including Katherine Heigl, that to NOT do an interview would make it look like he was hiding--afraid to speak for himself in public. He did the right thing. He avoided an interview like that until his hand was forced.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

They work in an industry where nothing is private and everyone not in the industry, seems to be interested in that. I don't know if that will ever be different; if you are a public figure, you life will always be under scrutiny. Now, if something really good comes from this, and Isaiah really does grow in his understanding and compassion; then perhaps his experience can help open the minds of others.

I loved tonights show, and I really enjoyed how Christina was the only one to go after George and console him.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Somebody needs to remind Isaiah of the Michael Richards incident. No, Isaiah's incident(s) wasn't nearly as venomous as Michael's, but it was super-super offensive.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-19-2007 at 12:35 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I totally phoned in my viewership of this episode. Seriously. I saw Addi mack on Karev, Mcsteamy steamin' over something that didn't work out, Meredith talking to thatch and asking if he snores. Oh and the fart(those are the parts i recall watching). It's funny how Mark finds room to complain when about what didn't come to be when he was predominantly doing the thinking with another part of his anatomy.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

This episode was so well acted. I don't think that I have ever cried so much while watching an episode. The writers, producers, actors...well everyone involved, should be commended for a great episode.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread