+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I actually like the Burke/Christina storyline. If Shonda fires him maybe she can recast him and eventually we'll get used to it. Or we could always root for Christina and a new character. Either way, I think his days are numbered. He'll probably be around until the end of the season and maybe she'll write him off as a shocking cliffhanger. If he does stick around then I'll assume the cast has gotten together (again) and talked about it (again) and all is forgiven (again).
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2207656;
    I saw it too. I can't believe he used that word on the microphone, in front of all those people. Shonda Rimes laughed but looked uncomforatble. The rest of the cast, within camera shot, just looked down.
    Yeah. All I'd seen before today was the segment with Heigl, followed by the one with Billy Bush and Washington. Now tonight, online, I've seen the other clip, where the Grey's ensemble was interviewed en masse and Washington said the "f" word in front of the whole press corps.

Originally I'd thought that Heigl was reacting to what Washington said to Billy Bush. But now its clearer that she was reacting to his reactions at that press conference.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I've just seen the clip of Knight on "Ellen". He's much more believable than Washington, lets just say that.

He insists Washington said it. Dempsey insists it. Others from the show have ducked the question but you can tell from the WAY they ducked the question that they were sure it happened.

Then the bonehead Washington rather than "no commenting" the question, not only lies but repeats the word in front of the entire cast AND the press corps. When all I'd seen was the Billy Bush interview that was one thing, but seeing that other makes it clear that this drip needs to go.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Well if Isaiah wasn't on his way to a pink slip before he might be now.
    I've heard rumours of a cast member dying (but Shonda plants false rumours all the time) Maybe Mr. Washington's time is up.

I too assumed that Heigl's rant was in response to IW's slime fest with Billy Bush. I thought it was a little extreme but warrented.. now that I have a little more info I'm surprised that she was so controlled.
    With T.R. showing up on Ellen today (actors don't usually do that without permission/guidance from the network do they?) I think IW is going to be shown the door.
    He's coming across like a giant ass.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;2207262;
    He could have said, "That is over and done with, we have moved on, next question." But instead he lied or at best, intentionally misled.

That is why they could not let it slide. What he said was important, the problem doesn't go away letting it slide. Washington needs to own up to what he did. And in the press he needs to just not discuss it, he loses nomatter what he says.
    I totally agree!!!!!!!

It's difficult for me to believe that someone who wouldn't call another person that word, could even be comfortable saying it at all... let alone in public. I had a hard enough time saying it to my husband when I was catching him up on the story. *he walked in as I was watching the Ellen interview online* Even I had an awkward pause and a grimace.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

ABC indicates "Grey's" Washington in hot water

January 18, 2007

Dig this: TV Guide and TMZ.com reports ABC is hot about Isaiah Washington's use of a gay slur in an ongoing exchange with cast member T.R. Knight.

An ABC statement, according to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, says, in part, "We are greatly dismayed that Mr. Washington chose to use such inappropriate language at the Golden Globes, language that he himself deemed 'unfortunate' in his public apology issued at the time of the original incident. We have a long standing policy to create and maintain respectful workplaces for all our employees, and his actions are being addressed."

Washington said he had "never" called gay castmate Knight using the slur at a press confam after Monday's Golden Globes. Knight told Ellen DeGeneres that he had in fact heard Washington use the term during a scuffle with Patrick Dempsey on the set of "Grey's Anatomy."

What's next? It is unclear if or when the network will make a decision on Washington's future on the show. There has been speculation thar replacements have been eyed as Washington seems to be digging deeper into this career hole.
    Link

The more I hear of this, the more Isaiah Washington makes my skin crawl. I guess I'm still in shock over the GG mic attack.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Inside Edition just said that TVGuide is calling for Washington to be fired. Other groups are also calling for him to go. I say lose him. If he is that comfortable using that word, I can't imaging the rest of the cast being that comfortable around him. Who knows what else he could say when he gets upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2207193;
    Wasn't Issiah Washington in a no-win situation in the press conference? I'm guessing the entire cast, including Washington, would just assume put that entire situation behind them. The press brings it up in an inappropriate forum (the focus should have been the celebration of the show). He has a choice to either completely drain the celebratory feel and accept the focus being moved from the cast to himself, or he can quickly deny it in an attempt to move on to more appropriate questions. I don't know that either choice would have been the better to make, and I don't condone his initial behavior that stirred the conflict. But it seems like there was an opportunity lost for Katherine Heigl and TR Knight to take the high ground and let bygones be bygones. Forgiveness isn't easy, but it goes a long way.

I'm annoyed by the situation but i do not wan't him fired. If anything he can learn from the situation which is probably what hasn't happened.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Clearly he hasn't learned after all this time.

Choosing to 'clear the air' in this manner was all kinds of wrong. They should have been celebrating as a cast, but once again, Washington created some drama and the cast is divisive. Any sort of healing has been negated now.

I like Izzy and I like KH. I'm so glad that she was honest about her take on it and I hope she doesn't get punished for it.

I hate that IW has ruined Burke for me. I love the episodes when Burke and George had bonded. It's just a sad and incredibly unneccessary situation.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread