+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

he came across like a first class arse... and seriously did he need to mention (several times) that he and Patrick Dempsey sing Ebony and Ivory every night since Oct 9?? Oh and.. "didn't you see me kiss him on the red carpet?"
    Bleah. No thanks.

I like Preston Burke.. Isiah is a whole 'nuther thing
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I'm not a fan of Izzy, but I'm glad Katherine is supporting her friend. I thought that this issue was behind everyone involved (perhaps the cast decided nto to discuss it anymore), but I guess not.

I did see another story where Patrick Dempsey claimed Isaiah Washington was mad at him for being late to the set, not TR Knight. I wasn't there, so who knows. Like others have said, if Washington did say it, bring on Blair Underwood as a replacement.

On a shallower note, I loved Katherine's dress at the Globes.

Even CNN is getting in on this...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- "Grey's Anatomy" star Katherine Heigl was not pleased with fellow castmate Isaiah Washington's comments following Monday's Golden Globe Awards.

During an interview in the press room after the show's best-drama win, Washington denied his involvement in a heated on-set incident in October during which he allegedly used a homophobic slur.

"No, I did not call (co-star) T.R. (Knight) a fa****," Washington said. "Never happened, never happened."

Rather than soothing the situation, his comments left Heigl seething.

"I'm going to be really honest right now, he needs to just not speak in public. Period," Heigl told "Access Hollywood" at a Golden Globe after-party. "I'm sorry, that did not need to be said. I'm not OK with it."

She called the comments "hurtful," characterizing the incident as one that should be handled privately among the show's cast and crew.

"I don't think (Washington) means it the way he comes off," Heigl said. "But T.R. is my best friend. ... I will use every ounce of energy I have to take you down if you hurt his feelings."

Knight, who said soon after the October fracas that he is gay, appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" Tuesday to discuss the original incident and Washington's recent comments.

"He referred to me as a fa****. Everyone heard it," Knight said of the October squabble.

Comments from Heigl and Washington were set to air Tuesday on "Access Hollywood." A call placed after hours Tuesday to Washington's representative was not returned.

And from tvguide.com http://community.tvguide.com/thread....adID=700016930

T.R. Knight: Isaiah Lied at the Globes in his first one-on-one interview since the early-October incident on the Grey's Anatomy set, and since publicly coming out, T.R. Knight reveals on Wednesday's Ellen DeGeneres Show that cast mate Isaiah Washington was (badly) lying at Monday night's Golden Globes.

Recalling Washington's original verbal clash with Patrick Dempsey, Knight says the former "referred to me as a f-gg-t," and loud enough for everyone to overhear. "I could've just let it slide and not said anything," Knight tells DeGeneres during the must-see sit-down, "but it became important," as word spread and the press latched on.

Three months later, Washington tried to whitewash what was said, backstage at the Globes. "Yeah, he denied that he said it," Knight marvels. "I don’t know what to say, really, about that." Well, our Mike Ausiello does , and he says it in this week's Ask Ausiello.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey
    Wasn't Issiah Washington in a no-win situation in the press conference? I'm guessing the entire cast, including Washington, would just assume put that entire situation behind them. The press brings it up in an inappropriate forum (the focus should have been the celebration of the show). He has a choice to either completely drain the celebratory feel and accept the focus being moved from the cast to himself, or he can quickly deny it in an attempt to move on to more appropriate questions. I don't know that either choice would have been the better to make, and I don't condone his initial behavior that stirred the conflict. But it seems like there was an opportunity lost for Katherine Heigl and TR Knight to take the high ground and let bygones be bygones. Forgiveness isn't easy, but it goes a long way.

I really don't think Washington will be around much longer...
    Last edited by fluff; 01-17-2007 at 03:08 PM.

FORT Fogey
    blair underwood would be a great replacement. Screw isiah.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2207193;
    Wasn't Issiah Washington in a no-win situation in the press conference? I'm guessing the entire cast, including Washington, would just assume put that entire situation behind them. The press brings it up in an inappropriate forum (the focus should have been the celebration of the show). He has a choice to either completely drain the celebratory feel and accept the focus being moved from the cast to himself, or he can quickly deny it in an attempt to move on to more appropriate questions. I don't know that either choice would have been the better to make, and I don't condone his initial behavior that stirred the conflict. But it seems like there was an opportunity lost for Katherine Heigl and TR Knight to take the high ground and let bygones be bygones. Forgiveness isn't easy, but it goes a long way.
    He could have said, "That is over and done with, we have moved on, next question." But instead he lied or at best, intentionally misled.

That is why they could not let it slide. What he said was important, the problem doesn't go away letting it slide. Washington needs to own up to what he did. And in the press he needs to just not discuss it, he loses nomatter what he says.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Saw the Access Hollywood clip, and he denied that anything happened last October, as he used the f-word in his explanation. I am sick of him. I'm not sure I can understand how Shonda can keep him around...or would even want to, for that matter.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

TR Knight was just on The Ellen Degeneres show and stated that Isaiah did call him, well you know what -- I just hate that word, back in October and I believe him. He also said that it was heard by everyone who was on the set at the time.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2207386;
    Saw the Access Hollywood clip, and he denied that anything happened last October, as he used the f-word in his explanation. I am sick of him. I'm not sure I can understand how Shonda can keep him around...or would even want to, for that matter.
    I saw it too. I can't believe he used that word on the microphone, in front of all those people. Shonda Rimes laughed but looked uncomforatble. The rest of the cast, within camera shot, just looked down.

+ Reply to Thread