+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2202491;
    What's got Mark's panties in a bunch 'this week'?
    The impression I got from their conversation, and then somewhat confirmed by the previews for next week, is that Addison had gotten pregnant with Mark's baby... and then had an abortion. This week appears to be the anniversary of that occurance, and of Mark and Addison's split.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    My favorite scene of the night was the chief telling Meredith that there were two sides to every story, and she had no idea what her dad's side was. It was like he recognized that he had been an accomplice in tearing that family apart, and was going to do what he could to build them back up again.

I'm not on the Addison/Alex ship. I'd like to see their working relationship stay professional. I fully expected Alex to make a move, it's his nature, but would like to see Addison be the pro and be his mentor only, not his lover.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Izzie and the whole money dilemma irritated me. If she didn't want it and it bothered her that much, she could've donated it ALL to a charity and it could've been building up interest and raising money for the needy. OR, she could've deposited it into her own account and then decided what to do with it--start a scholarship in Denny's honor, give it away to charity later, buy a house, help her friends and family, secretly start a scholarship for the daughter she gave away for adoption etc. etc. As Bailey said, she was losing thousands on interest EVERY day.

I'm sure she's going to help that young patient, too, and that's great. But she would've had even more money to help her (and other patients) if she hadn't been such a mess and had deposited the money.

cricket, I think the Alex/Addison/Mark thing is being setup so that Alex and Mark have a big fight (a la Mark and Derek) later...Addison is beyond beautiful!

FORT Fogey
    Cricketeen - I think I agree with you on Alex and Addison. If they could do the relationship in a way where being with Addison helped Alex to grow up as a person and as a doctor, it may be okay. However, they're already doing that sort of story with Burke and Christina, so to do it again would be redundant. Alex as he started the show would be fun with Addison in a pure physical attraction, nothing but fun and passion kind of pairing. However, Alex has grown enough - largely because of Addision - that to see that now would be a step back for him. So as fun as it would be to see Addison with the young stud, it's just not the right direction for Alex to make it all that desirable.

On Izzy and the money, it made sense to me. Yes, it would be more practical and responsible for her to deposit it and make the interest on it. But I think Izzy saw the check as the last thing she had to hold on to Denny being alive. I saw it much in the same way that a widow is reluctant for a while to clean her dead husband's clothes out of his closet. In Izzy's eyes, once that check was handed over, she was completely letting go of Denny. It was symbolic of his still being there.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2202764;
    Loved the show last night, so glad it's back!

I can't believe no one mentioned the scene with Callie and George and the urine. That was a riot! I also loved Bailey teaching Callie the stare-down, even though Callie looked pretty psycho when she was doing it to George.
    I also got a major kick out of Bailey's little giggle just after she had taught Callie the staredown. Her little giggle had me laughing hysterically for the rest of the show, as I'd find myself mimicking her and sending myself into further fits.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2202847;
    But I think Izzy saw the check as the last thing she had to hold on to Denny being alive. I saw it much in the same way that a widow is reluctant for a while to clean her dead husband's clothes out of his closet. In Izzy's eyes, once that check was handed over, she was completely letting go of Denny. It was symbolic of his still being there.
    I know, and I understand that. But it still drove me crazy, partially 'cause of the interest she wasn't earning but mostly because I didn't believe it for a second that ANYONE would be that cavalier with almost $9 million. I would've respected her more if she ripped the check up when Denny's dad gave it to him...or if she gave the money back to Denny's estate. But if you're going to accept it, DO something good with it.

A friend of ours became a widow and she got her husband's life insurance policy. They didn't have any children. And while she could've used the money to pay off their house, she had survivor's guilt. She also has a good job that she loves and makes a good salary at so she knows she wouldn't be poor without that money. So, she cashed the policy out and gave some of the money to their favorite charity, and put the rest into trust funds for his nieces and nephews so they'd have money for college in the future. It wasn't $9 million, but it was several hundred thousand dollars.

Eh, I guess what Izzy did makes for a better storyline than being sensible about it.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2202764;
    Loved the show last night, so glad it's back!

I can't believe no one mentioned the scene with Callie and George and the urine. That was a riot! I also loved Bailey teaching Callie the stare-down, even though Callie looked pretty psycho when she was doing it to George.

I have a really bad feeling that George's dad will die next week.
    The scene with George and Callie was the best scene of the night! That was awesome!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Great episode last night. It's been a long time.

The part with Callie and George had me laughing hysterical. I'm so glad that happened. I hope that means they will get back together.

Also when Bailey taught Callie the "stare down". That was great. I'm glad it worked on McDreamy.

Oh how I know the pain of sleeping with a snorer. I feel for McDreamy. I usually just kick mine to make him stop

The almost kiss between Alex and Addison was smokin hot. Holy crap. I so wish the nurse didn't come in the room.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I really enjoyed this episode as well. Maybe it's because there wasn't much else on last night besides repeats again. I too know the snore issue. My fiance and I do not sleep together because he snores like a bear and it makes us cranky with each other to have to wake up constantly. Alex and Addy....not sure I'm feeling it but we'll have to see where it goes. I believe George's father is not going to get better from the looks on their faces. sigh
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread