+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

elk
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2163431;
    But my absolute favorite scene of the night was at the end, when Christina got on the elevator with Burke and Derek to give her support to the boyfriend she wasn't speaking to.
    I thought that this scene spoke volumes about Christina and Meredith. Meredith had just 'chosen' Christina as her family. She had just defended her to the rest of the group for the umpteenth time and Christina 'left' her for Burke.

I think Meredith sets herself up for disappointment. Consistently aligning herself with those who will disappoint her and leave her so that she can continue to be 'dark and twisty'.

I am not saying Christina is wrong for going with Burke - but I find it interesting that Meredith favours the more difficult friendship of Christina over other potentially easier relationships. (eg: Derek vs the Vet)
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Meredith's interactions with her mother fascinate me. It appears their past relationship was so emotionally ... distant. And Meredith is hearing some pretty devastating comments. We can say it is the alzheimers, but the mother is most likely expressing her true, buried feelings. Something that struck me was the scene when Meredith hugged her mother and voiced over something to the effect of letting people into your personal space. That struck me as very sad - I come from a very affectionate family and I can't imagine thinking of hugging my mother in those terms.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I can't imagine having a parent with Alzheimer's.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2167117;
    Well, if you still have a parent start thinking about it...odds are good these days....
    Not necessarily hostile like Meredith's mom tho.

I so agree with you. My neighbor's Dad now has Alzheimers. She's already seen two aunt's and an uncle die from the same thing. It runs in their family. She's too afraid to know if she has the gene or not. It's an incredibly difficult illness for other family members and friends to deal with.

I think that they do a wonderful job on Grey's showing the relationship between Meredith and her mother. The good times and the bad. That must have been heartbreaking for Mer to hear from her Mom that she never should have had a kid. But then came back to realize Mer was there for her right after that!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I thought I heard that this weeks episode is a re-run....does anyone know for sure?

It shows that way in my episode guide so I believe it is.
    Yup, with donuts!!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    my best friend's mom is in her 90's who is in the end stages of it. we don't expect her to live more than another month or two. it's really hard for her.

Quote Originally Posted by wisgalb;2167862;
    I thought I heard that this weeks episode is a re-run....does anyone know for sure?
    No new episodes until January. So either reruns or Christmas specials till then.

FORT Fan
    I heard on E! News that one of the characters is supposed to pass away. Does anyone have any ideas or heard anything to who it might be?

+ Reply to Thread