+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I just watched my tape last night. Yeowza. Another serious show. But a great one too.

Love that Bailey is back and that the Chief gave her some of her confidence back by saying she can only try to raise these kids. She can't babysit them all. And the Chief gave Burke, heck for messing with his retirement plans.

Maybe through all this adversity, everyone, or some of the interns, learn to forgive and see each other as human.
    -Izzie and Alex to realize that Christina made a mistake. Like they made mistakes.
    -And Bailey to realize that any punishment, legal wise, wasn't warranted. No-one died. Nothing criminal done.
    -And for McSteamy and McDreamy to put aside their egos in order to become superior surgeons once again with the twins.
    -For Burke to see in the very end that Christina is still there for him, even if they discuss another hand surgery.
    -For Merideth to know her mom is always there, even when she's not mentally there sometimes.
    -For Izzie to demand respect from McSteamy and not get his coffee.

It was cool to see that the girlfriend actually chose Peter over his twin brother. Sad too though.

I did get lost with George on this show. I understand his anger and frustration about his Dad, and Burke not doing the surgery. But I failed to see if and what Georged learned at all last episode. I don't think he's forgive anyone for anything. Which is not his real character as his Dad pointed out.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I didn't love this episode, but it was good.

Not enough Sloan, but I was glad to see him and Derek laughing at the end.
    Glad to see Bailey back in her "nazi" role. She was getting too soft there for a awhile. I loved her pep talk with Derek. I do think Christina should have been punished, at least a little bit. She didn't kill anyone, but she got lucky. She and Burke put multiple people in harm's way. I don't know what to think about Meredith and her step family. I am a sucker for babies so I may have gotten to know them just to be around that baby. I'm glad Meredith's mother recognized her at the end of the show and she got a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2164703;
    I don't think there's any question of whether or not Burke and Christina will remain together. They're in the depths of a BIG fight, but they're not even split. Both are working through their anger, and there were a lot of signs in the show that they both still have very strong feelings for each other - Burke's pride in Christina during the surgery, the way she looked to him for support both then, and when the other surgeon was complimenting her to Burke, the fact that she got on the elevator and that he gave a slight smile that she did. They're together. Big fight, but not split.

I think your right, I replayed Christina's voiceover at end of the previous weeks show when she said "there are some wounds/betrayals that go so deep, there is no way to repair what was lost; and when that happens - there is nothing left to do but ....wait."
    To me, that sounds like she hopes the storm will eventually blow over, and their relationship isn't over. I am pleased that the Chief hasn't kicked Burke off staff - and I am glad this impedes the Chief's departure as I really like him and want him to stay. Sorry for him to lose his wife over it, but I really like having him on the show. The elevator scene was a great way to close that show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Great show, but to get off the main actors for a bit... I got confused once the twins were separated as I hadn't learned their names. The girlfriend picked her original boyfriend, not the one who she talked to after sex, right?

I believe she picked the conversational one. It was kinda sweet really, the original one seemed like kind of a butt.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2165367;
    I believe she picked the conversational one. It was kinda sweet really, the original one seemed like kind of a butt.
    Yes, I think she picked Pete (?), the brother of her boyfriend (the one she talked to after sex). I didn't get the impression he wanted to have a relationship with her though, once he got over the emotional victory of "winning" her. I think the whole surgery had its toll on both the twins. It was sweet at the end when the nurses wheeled him into his brother's room so they could sleep in the same room...and also when the twins held hands, as if to say, "It's OK. I forgive you," to each other. Blood is thicker than girlfriends!

Regarding Cristina tattling on Burke...I don't think she tattled on him because he chose Bailey over her in the surgery. It seemed like his behavior was getting odder and it worried her as a surgeon. Because she knew his hand wasn't 100%, she knew when to cover for him. But I think she was worried that he wasn't being fair to his patient, since Bailey didn't know and wouldn't know how to compensate for any of his weaknesses.

However, she wasn't tattling at that point to get Burke replaced in surgery. So I was surprised she didn't wait till after the surgery and tell him that they had to tell the chief. They could do it together or he could go in first. That's what she should've done, in my opinion, since they were in cahoots together. She didn't force him into this charade, but she didn't talk him out of it either. She encouraged it and he could've put an end to it early on, but instead his ego wanted to believe her--that everything would be OK.

The thing that I don't understand is that both Cristina and Burke are highly intellient doctors. They should BOTH realize that the sooner a problem (the tremor) is addressed, the sooner it can be fixed. Now, Shepard may not be able to fix the problem (although this being TV, he probably will). But a few weeks ago (or whatever the time frame is on this show), he may have been able to treat the problem right away.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;2163429;
    Sick of all the "Mc"isms.
    I am SO with you on this. It's not even cute anymore, it's just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2165386;
    Yes, I think she picked Pete (?), the brother of her boyfriend (the one she talked to after sex). I didn't get the impression he wanted to have a relationship with her though, once he got over the emotional victory of "winning" her. I think the whole surgery had its toll on both the twins. It was sweet at the end when the nurses wheeled him into his brother's room so they could sleep in the same room...and also when the twins held hands, as if to say, "It's OK. I forgive you," to each other. Blood is thicker than girlfriends!
    Dang I missed that! I dropped the remote and it changed the channel about 5 min before the end. Since I had my DVR paused for about 30 min prior and was watching it on delay, the last few minutes were pbthhh Sounds cute though

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks, Lois and ClosetNerd! I was lazily identifying them by which side of the bed they were on...very hard to use that post separation! I did get that she was kind of rejected by the one she chose...but then either of them could have done that given what went down.
    Yes, sweet ending... predictable maybe, but sweet.
    PS ClosetNerd--so is writing on FORT (lingo strictly forbidden) helping you with your lingo addiction?

It's starting to! I only wish these things had been enforced long ago before I let my little problem get so out of hand

+ Reply to Thread