+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree730Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey
    I agree with Mariner about Meredith and her step mom. The step mom is looking at Meredith as a new part of what has always been a happy family for her. But Meredith is looking at the step mom as a part of the family that her dad chose over her. When you've grown up for the most part without a stable loving traditional-structure family like Meredith did, it's not going to be natural to just jump for joy and get right in there because one wants you. I can totally understand the reactions on both women's parts.

It also totally made sense to me that Christina snapped at Meredith for defending her. It's in her character. Christina recognized that what she did was wrong, and wouldn't feel right just getting a free pass from everyone for it. But Meredith's second defense, listing off all the bad things everyone else had done which Christina forgave was fantastic.

But my absolute favorite scene of the night was at the end, when Christina got on the elevator with Burke and Derek to give her support to the boyfriend she wasn't speaking to.

FORT Fan
    I loved George last night!!! He is such a doll. I loved the scene where Bailey confronted the chief in the Operating Room when McSteamy requested that Izzie come down and observe the surgery more closely!

I also loved the scene with Bailey and McDreamy when they were practicing for the surgery.

FORT Fogey
    I am very happy that the writers have put Bailey back into the tough no-nonesense role that she started out with. It is nice to see hints of vulnerability in her from time to time, but they were getting to where they were making her WAY too soft.

That said, at some point, I want to see someone - the chief or someone else - call her to the carpet on the way she dictates not just to her interns, but also to the attendings that are above her. If she were to get the attitude from her interns that she gives to those above her, she'd knock them down in an instant. At some point, she needs a reminder of just what her rank is.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Absolutely loved last night's episode.

Favorite parts were when George asked Bailey if he could get out of the surgery to be with his mother and she said she would expect nothing less of him and he belonged there (something to that effect).

Also when Christina got in the elevator with Burke and McDreamy to show her support.

And when Bailey told the Chief that she was allowing for Izzie to come observe closer because she shouldn't be punished if Christina isn't being punished. (although what Christina did was wrong, she didn't intentionally cut someone's wire almost killing them)

Also, I agree with Meredith for not wanting to be part of the family. You can't just all of a sudden change your past and feelings because someone wants you to. They didn't want anything to do with her for how many years?? and now all of a sudden they can be this happy little family?? Plus, the sister didn't even know that Meredith was her half sister.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Callie, please ignore Goerge. He's being really annoying right now. I definitely felt for meredith, i have no reason to throw rocks at her. Not enough Sloan in this ep, and is it me or was he actually laughing with Sheperd?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2163889;
    Callie, please ignore Goerge. He's being really annoying right now. I definitely felt for meredith, i have no reason to throw rocks at her. Not enough Sloan in this ep, and is it me or was he actually laughing with Sheperd?
    Oh God, I LOVED it when they laughed together - they should be friends again!!
    And while many are about McDreamy, I am ALL ABOUT McSteamy.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

It was a great show! I am not quite understanding the radical change in George's personality; Oh, I know why he is angry - just surprised that he is actually demonstrating it. I felt it was different side that I am not use to seeing.
    Also, thought it was interesting that George briefly thanked Burke for talking him through his dads surgery; I guess it was a possible sign of forgiveness towards Burke for the coverup, or perhaps appreciative, despite the fact he is still angry toward Burke over the cover up.

I like Christina getting back on the elevator too, although I am not sure what Burke will say about it. He looks as if he is still deeply hurt over her betrayal. She was angry at him for choosing Baily instead of letting her do more in the surgery and that seems more her actual motivation for telling the Chief. She loves doing that whipple stitch.
    It is my favorite show!

I still got the impression that Burke was really proud of Christina when she was operating on George's dad, when he and George were up above observing. There were several times when Christina would look up at him, as if to say "Can I do this?" and he was looking at her as if to say "You go girl, you got this one in the bag." I thought he was really proud of her.

Will they get back together.....or not! To be continued!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2164303;
    It was a great show! I am not quite understanding the radical change in George's personality; Oh, I know why he is angry - just surprised that he is actually demonstrating it. I felt it was different side that I am not use to seeing.
    Also, thought it was interesting that George briefly thanked Burke for talking him through his dads surgery; I guess it was a possible sign of forgiveness towards Burke for the coverup, or perhaps appreciative, despite the fact he is still angry toward Burke over the cover up.

I like Christina getting back on the elevator too, although I am not sure what Burke will say about it. He looks as if he is still deeply hurt over her betrayal. She was angry at him for choosing Baily instead of letting her do more in the surgery and that seems more her actual motivation for telling the Chief. She loves doing that whipple stitch.
    It is my favorite show!
    If you've never faced the possibillity of losing a parent that you are close to, you'll be surprised at what will come out of you at a time like that. I find the personality changes to be very realistic.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    I don't think there's any question of whether or not Burke and Christina will remain together. They're in the depths of a BIG fight, but they're not even split. Both are working through their anger, and there were a lot of signs in the show that they both still have very strong feelings for each other - Burke's pride in Christina during the surgery, the way she looked to him for support both then, and when the other surgeon was complimenting her to Burke, the fact that she got on the elevator and that he gave a slight smile that she did. They're together. Big fight, but not split.

+ Reply to Thread