+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I agree with everyone who has praised last night's show - it really was excellent. But there was one thing that didn't ring true with me -- where were George's brothers? Since the initial plan was that George's dad was going to have his surgery that day - it seemed odd that neither of them was there. (I know I'm being picky, but that was an omission that really bothered me.)

I too am wondering where Burke's character goes from here...I'm betting on some kind of surgery that will eliminate his hand tremors - since he's only been such a dominant character as a surgeon, I can't imagine them taking the character in a different direction now.

Also - have to add my ditto to hoping something develops between Addison and Alex!
    Love lives forever <3

I don't have Tivo, and I had to set my VCR last night, and I had to make the judgment call to flip over and start recording ER at 10, instead of catching the last 10 minutes - but it's killing me!!!

Would someone be SO kind to try a detailed recap of the last 10 minutes? The end is always the best - I tried to read everyone's posts to get an idea - but if one of you has the time to fill me in, I would be forever grateful!

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2154284;
    Ultimately, I think George's dad is going to die, no matter what. What I'm wondering about is if, with George's parents thinking he is such a big stud, he's character is going to turn out to be gay? That came to me when they kept going on and on about who all they think he's slept with.
    I don't expect George to turn out to be gay in the show. Particularly, since he recently was "forced" to come out to the public about being gay in real life. His character as George is adorable as a sweet guy trying to find a great girl. If they changed his orientation at this point, I would be very disappointed.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulgirl;2154456;
    Would someone be SO kind to try a detailed recap of the last 10 minutes? The end is always the best - I tried to read everyone's posts to get an idea - but if one of you has the time to fill me in, I would be forever grateful!

thanks
    you can see the episodes on abc.com. i think they have the past four week's worth up there.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2154496;
    you can see the episodes on abc.com. i think they have the past four week's worth up there.
    I'm on dial-up, otherwise I would have just done that in the first place!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulgirl;2154508;
    I'm on dial-up, otherwise I would have just done that in the first place!
    i'm sorry!!! didn't know that.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    I just found out that a movie is being made of Phillip Pullman's novel The Golden Compass. I know Nicole Kidman is playing Mrs. Coulter, but I think Kate Walsh (Addison) would have been absolutely PERFECT for that part!!!!!! She is drop-dead gorgeous and can walk that scary line between charming, warm, and cold villainy. Gosh, why didn't they ask ME before they cast the role?

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar
    I missed the second hour of Grey's Anatomy, I have dial up too and I tried going on abc.com to watch it but it doesnt work for me. Can someone please put a recap on here, I watched the first half and the last thing I saw was Dr. Burke going to do the other surgery and he didnt wont Christina to go.

Quote Originally Posted by 21longhorngal;2154670;
    I missed the second hour of Grey's Anatomy, I have dial up too and I tried going on abc.com to watch it but it doesnt work for me. Can someone please put a recap on here, I watched the first half and the last thing I saw was Dr. Burke going to do the other surgery and he didnt wont Christina to go.
    I will attempt but I am no Qboots:
    Burke goes to assist Hahn, and Christina is left tending to the ER Girl that is pregnant and had the glass chard in her heart, while the patient has a 10 min lag time to warm up her body before going off of bypass. C wants to go with B but he tells her to stay with the patient.
    Then Meredith catches on to the fact that Burke cannot perform an operation without Christina, and is mildly shocked but doesn't say anything to anyone out of respect for Christina.

After awhile, Christina realizes that Burke is overdue back and she knows they need to take ER girl off of bypass or she will die, knowing the patient cannot survive any longer Christina has the OR page any available surgeon.

During the other surgery, Derek asks Burke if somethings wrong with Burke's hand when he sees him opening and closing his hand, but Burke says everything is OK. He makes it back to the other surgery with Christina, just in the nick of time, but the patient blows a stitch - shoots blood all over the place. Christina offers to help stitch but Burke tells her he doesn't need her. His hand is tired, Christina knows he is taking a risk and wants to help, but just then Baily walks in, and he replaces Christina with Baily.
    Christina is upset, feels betrayed and leaves the OR dazed, then runs to the Chief. Burke stabilies the patient, and comes straight to the Chiefs office to tell him - but Chief already knows, Christina is there. Burke feels betrayed.

After commercial Christina is seen watching through window a heated discussion between Chief and Burke, then Dr Hahn walks up to C and tells Christina she is lucky, if her little intern brain can retain what Burke teaches her, she might become half the surgeon that Burke is; and then tells C if she ever let's Burke know that she said that; he would never believe it.

Alex and Addison talk about how the surgery went on pregnant ER girl, she admires him for what he said, and says she would hate for Sloan to beat that decent side out of him. Then they exchange this look like they really see each other for the first time.

Burke gets on the elevator, then Derek gets on - they are quiet, and then Derek says "I would have helped you". Burke doesn't want to talk about it, but Derek says, "I thought you were my friend" and Burke responds with - "I thought you were my surgeon."
    Then Christina does this nice voice over about betrayal - sorry I don't remember all of it but it was great. Something about when we betray each other, the path to recovery is not as clear.

Meredith and George leave the hospital and pass C on a bench, C admits it was both of their (C & B) idea (although personally, I recall it being all her idea and Burke allowed himself to be swayed by her because he wanted it to work. But that's just my opinion). C says she just couldn't do it anymore and that was why she told the chief.

Derek and Mer are in bed and he says "you watched his hands thru the surgery and never said anything to me about it". Mer says, "you cleared him for suregery...." then he says "still how could you" and Mer says "C was there for me........ when " (implying)Derek wasn't - then they look at each other; understand and start to fool around sexually; while C voice over says we do whatever it takes to start to rebuild the trust that was lost.

Then you see C walking into B apt and he is in bedroom and they look at each other, and he starts to approach the door, then closes it in C face while she is saying... there are some wounds/betrayals that go so deep, there is no way to repair what was lost and when that happens - there is nothing left to do but ....wait.
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 11-25-2006 at 12:06 AM.

thank you!
    much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread