+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

The only part that was light and cute was Derek trying to convince Meredith to have sex. Then Alex and the red headed doctor (can't remember her name right now) having that long stare. Wonder if something will start with them? Well it's too bad that Burke and Christina will be over now after her betrayal. She totally handled it wrong.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

Broadway. I was just trying to play it safe with the spoiler tags, but I see there is no reason...

I'm not mad at Christina for ratting out Burke. Sure, it would have been great if Burke confessed on his own, but we are talking about people's lives here. Christina was terrified that someone would die if Burke was operating without her there to step in and bail him out. He is clearly to proud to ask for someone else to step in and do a procedure, plus he would have to let the cat out of the bag about his tremor and the fact that he should never have been in the OR in the first place. I think it was Burke's operating without her that pushed her over the edge rather than his comments about her emotional shortcomings. George's confrontation of Christina and his bringing Dr. Hahn into the hospital really brought things to a head. I was glad to see her choose her moral conscience over standing by her man in the end. It was clearly an agonizing decision for her.

I do think George will forgive Callie if/when everything goes okay with his dad and he can think clearly. Although having to picture your gal with McSteamy can't be easy on the ego...

Love the show.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey
    I think there are a lot of parallels between the Christina/Burke story and the Izzy/Denny story. They both come from the idea of doing crazy, irrational things because your love for someone else weakens your reasoning. The big difference is that Izzy got to the point of no return, and decided to keep on going. Christina got to the point of no return, and decided she needed to turn around. Because of that, I can't find fault in Christina for finally going to the chief and doing what Burke had chickened out from doing numerous times.

I'll weigh in as having loved the episode. Two observations: Christina narrated the closing scenes instead of the usual Meredith. Burke closing the door in Christina's face was a copycat of Derek closing the door on Addison.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Regular

The right thing

I think that Christina did the right thing. She was helping Burke allthat time and in the end he blamed her for all the problems. It would have been nice if he had confessed on his own, but Christina was thinking of the patients that he would be operating on being in danger.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Ultimately, I think George's dad is going to die, no matter what.

What I'm wondering about is if, with George's parents thinking he is such a big stud, he's character is going to turn out to be gay? That came to me when they kept going on and on about who all they think he's slept with.

I missed the last 5 minutes, and sounds like a lot happened. Gotta go to the site and watch the episode again!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member
    My DVR didn't record this for some reason, I wanted to scream when we got home last night and I couldn't watch it. I'm hoping they show it again.

prhoshay... just making sure, but do you realize the episode went 10 minutes long last night? So you might have missed the last 15 minutes, not the last 5. I just wanted to make sure.

I agree with Burke that Christina bore the blame for a lot of his actions (yeah, yeah... we all bear the ultimate responsibility, but....) Right from the start he knew that he wasn't ready to be cleared from surgery and he would have corrected the situation, but there was Christina steamrolling him with her "Preston Burke is the #1 surgeon" pedestal. She immediately came up with the plan for what to do and put it in action. I think he was torn between not wanting to disappoint her and not wanting to ultimately admit his failings to himself that drove him to go along with her. Yes, he bears the ultimate responsibility, but that was quite a conflict to deal with.

I can't help but believe that she needed to lay it on the line with HIM and make him confess. Those last two surgeries were enough for him to do it on his own. But yeah, she was driven by hurt equally as by guilt.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I had no idea that it was 10 minutes longer!!! They do offer a replay online, don't they?? I'm sick!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yeppers! You can watch it online at abc.go.com, or they also show a different option, too, on the right hand column of their page.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread