+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Hangin' with Uncle Leo UGetWhatYouNeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2136557;
    Interesting. Plays a doctor, never finished high school....

I guess that is why they call it "acting"

I just watched online and sobbed when the woman was giving birth to her dead child.........oy....so sad. I lost a child to SIDS 13 years ago and wow... gut wrenching.
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2136573;
    I just watched online and sobbed when the woman was giving birth to her dead child.........oy....so sad. I lost a child to SIDS 13 years ago and wow... gut wrenching.
    So sorry, buglover--I was thinking this as I watched it--true, miscarrying after a slip in the shower is probably extremely rare, but late term miscarriages aren't all that rare--that there must be a lot of women (and men) for whom this show would be so upsetting--and then all those who lose an infant. And there weren't any previews that featured this, so you'd be warned if you wanted to stay away.

LG.
    I was very sad watching that poor mom deliver her dead baby. I think the show did a decent job of giving people warning, as they had Addison tell Callie that the baby was dead before they got into the part where the mom had to deliver, so if someone at home didn't want to re-live that, they could turn it off then. I have a friend who miscarried twins that were late-term and I thought about her the whole time. very sad. I liked the bonding between Addison and Callie in this episode. I also liked the sissy "slap fight" that the chief recommended that Alex and George do to avoid hurting their hands. Too funny. Did we know before that Alex grew up in a bar? He and Izzy have a lot in common, and it looks like they might start mixing it up again soon (but is that too soon for poor Iz, who is still obviously very much in mourning.).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by UGetWhatYouNeed;2136561;
    I guess that is why they call it "acting"

Right, and also thorough script writing! But I would think it is much more difficult to sound "educated" if you aren't than to sound uneducated if you aren't. Like, if you speak French it is easier to pretend you don't than vice versa, no matter how good your phonetic script. I guess it depends on the family he grew up in, and how educated they were.

I cracked up when the Chief went camping with his picnic basket and suitcase on wheels! Everyone else had their testosterone packed in their backpacks!

I am going to have to watch the show again....I DVR it, because I had a lot of interruptions when it aired last night and again tonight.

The camping trip was funny even though it would totally never happen for real...And the pregnant couple I felt bad for them and all, but the one thing I didn't understand was why they just let Addison walk out the room without asking/getting and answer about the baby...That would have been my first priority and wouldn't let her go anywhere without reassuring me that everything was ok first, I could care less about my wrist, my baby is number 1...But I'm starting to think that Addison is hiding something...Maybe she's pregnant or had a miscarriage that Derek didn't know about, i don't know, but something has to be going...Just the way she broke down about the baby, didn't seem right...

Next weeks bubble bath scene looks hot...Alex and Izzy back on again, that won't last...

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;2135925;
    has this season got BORING...or what?
    I don't feel that this season is boring, but I am tired of Burke's hand being in every episode. I want the writer's to take care of it. I don't care if he can do surgery again or not - just tired of watching it. So, that part of the show is boring for me; but nothing else.

I too think that the whole camping trip was implausible and somewhat pointless. The stillborn baby was very poignant, something with which many of us have experiences.My sister had a still born baby, 3 weeks before term and I couldn't be there for her when she held her dead baby. o.k. enough. I was glad that Meredith chose McDreamy and that McSteamy has the grace to walk away and not be seen.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2137827;
    ...I was glad that Meredith chose McDreamy and that McSteamy has the grace to walk away and not be seen.
    when he was coming onto meredith before his phone rang, all i could think of is NOOOOOO!!! that would severely break derek's spirit, to lose ANOTHER woman he loved to his former friend. i can speak from experience ... having someone you were friends with go after your relationships is not good for one's self esteem.

+ Reply to Thread