+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fan
    I loved the scene where George was talking to Callie about the ham and eggs. That was so cute.

I think Izzie and psychiatry would be a good fit. I am really glad to see her back at the hospital again.

I thought it was funny when Derrick and his sister were having lunch and she said that sleeping with McSteamy was like a right of passage. I am sure that he loved hearing that.

I don't like the storyline with Christina and Burke, I have lost respect for Christina because I feel she is putting Burke's career on the line, not to mention the lives of their patients. If something would happen when they were in surgery, the blame would fall on Burke and not her. She is being selfish. It is only going to be a matter of time before a patient's life is compromised by this. I wonder if Bailey will say something, I noticed at the end of the show when she saw Christina writing on the board. I am sure that she figured it out.

How realistic is it that Christina would be able to write Burke's schedule on the board anyway? How is this done in a real hospital? It seems kind of strange that an intern would be taking over the board.

Overall, I thought the episode was great.

FORT Fogey
    I like Izzy in surgery. I wouldn't want to see her in psychiatry. IMO, it's Izzy's compassion for patients that makes her so valuable to the surgeons. It's easy and normal for a surgeon to get so caught up in the technicalities of a case that he or she forgets that the approach to the case is effecting real lives. Izzy's compassion serves as a wake-up call to some of the other surgeons that that patient in the bed is a person with a life outside the hospital, and they decisions they make about that patient have a huge impace on real people's lives. I totally agree that a psychiatrist needs and displays that compassion too. But I think that so often compassion is removed from surgery, that it's nice to see her infuse it.

On Christina - totally agree that her actions are selfish. But in many ways, I see a lot of parallels between what she's doing for Burke, and what Izzy did with Denny. Both are/were doing something selfish and wrong. But the motivation for eachh is love, and wanting what is good so badly for a person who she loves dearly that she's failing to look at anything BUT the effects on that loved one.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I think ultimately it's Burke that is to blame. Christina may have some misguided fantasy about his resuming his career to the same brilliance. But he's her superior at work AND he knows his limitations. He should be the one to say enough is enough and not let Christina talk him into anything more dangerous. He wouldn't even have to admit what he and she did. He could simply say his hand is acting up again and for the safety of his patients, he wants to remove himself from surgery until he's 100% again. He could stay at the hospital for consultations and all the pre-work that's almost as important/if not more than performing the actual surgeries.

While George was working with Addison on the surgery with the two uteruses, Addison instructed George to hold still with the first baby while she was doing the removal of the second baby and that if he didn't hold still the baby would go into distress and might die. While Addison started to go in, George said the baby wouldn't hold still. The baby's heart rate was increasing and Karev stepped in and helped save the baby.

McPointy had a heart to heart with McDreamy, telling him that he's always been with a woman. That taking time off with women would benefit him. Derek ran into Meredith in the stairwell, and told her that he needed time off and to just take it slow. He did apologize for not calling her back after she told him she broke up with Finn.

Also.. in the end Dr. Webber (the chief) ran into Izzie on their way out, and he said he read Meredith's report about Izzie's first day back. Izzie was surprised they're doing "report cards" on her now, and Dr. Webber told her she did a good job today.

And now for my input... I still do not like Callie. Let's remember that you slept with McSteamy, stop making George look so horrible!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I have to agree with you guys on the Burke/Christina issue. They both need to stop putting themselves in this type of situation. It is only a matter of time that something goes drastically wrong.

Izzie was awesome last night. Glad to see her back.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2127983;
    And now for my input... I still do not like Callie. Let's remember that you slept with McSteamy, stop making George look so horrible!
    Awww. My heart broke for her at the end of the show when she told George to not chase her unless he was willing to catch her. She was so completely vulnerable and putting her heart out there. It was like watching a completely different character. The actress was amazing.

Ball's in George's court now.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

George is an idiot...He had a good woman and let her get away...And he's absolutely useless, at to me anyways when it comes to doing surgery...There is no way I would ever let him be my doc...

Loved Alex and how he stepped in and starting talking sports to the baby...

McSteamy is still hot!!!...

Meredith made me like her even less last night how she was talking to Izzy...Meredith is clueless, Izzy will definitely make a better surgeon/psychiatrist/ or whatever field she plans to be in...

I wonder what Bailey plans to do with the info on Christina though...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    OK, who is McPointy?? All of this "Mc" mess is getting confusing.

I am also distressed at how folks are wanting to point the accusatory finger at Christina for Burke's bad decision. The main fault lies with Burke. Yang is definitely an accomplice, though, but not the main offender.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2128099;
    OK, who is McPointy?? All of this "Mc" mess is getting confusing.

I am also distressed at how folks are wanting to point the accusatory finger at Christina for Burke's bad decision. The main fault lies with Burke. Yang is definitely an accomplice, though, but not the main offender.
    I agree, getting to be a little McMuch.... I think McPointy is being used to refer to McDreamy's sister...one of his 4 sisters, hence McSteamy became McDreamy's surrogate brother, making his betrayal even worse...and apparently he slept not only with Addison but McPointy and McDreamy's other sisters.

I think its pretty neat that McSteamy is the Alex in five years that Alex was acting like he wanted to be when the show first started - arrogant, cocky, in plastics, sleeping around with everyone, etc. In addition to his oh so grand towel entrance, I think having him around now is great as a contrast to who we all thought Alex was as Alex is going through his softening up.
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread