+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by mwcamp;2116570;
    I really like the Burke character and the storyline is interesting. Does Christine really love him? If so, Does she love him for himself or for being an extremely highly regarded heart surgeon?
    I honestly don't think she can make the distinction. With her naked ambition it's hard to say how much of her feelings for Burke are actually a reflection of her own aspirations
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Sometimes, just what a man does for a living makes him incredibly s-e-x-y! The confidence...the ability to take charge...the intelligence....um-hmmm!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Add to the mix the emotional armor she wears to keep others out and her own feelings in... It's a very complicated relationship.
    Burke has been slowly luring her in. I think she is shocked to find that what she thought was going to be a sexual relationship has turned into love.
    The true test is going to be when they screw up in surgery :nono . They're going to mess up, or she won't be available to cover for him and...
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2115507;
    Whoever posted earlier about the offensiveness of replacing one black actor with another...was that you Veruka? Anyhow, they address that in this piece that went up today at PEOPLE's site (link below)

EXCLUSIVE: Isaiah Washington Apologizes
    WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 25, 2006 09:55AM EST

Isaiah Washington

Grey's Anatomy actor Isaiah Washington has issued an apology in a statement exclusive to PEOPLE for his behavior during an on-set argument with costar Patrick Dempsey.

"I sincerely regret my actions and the unfortunate use of words during the recent incident on-set," Washington, 43, says in the statement. "Both are beneath my own personal standards. I have nothing but respect for my coworkers and have apologized personally to everyone involved."

After Washington and Dempsey, 40, clashed on Oct. 9, reports surfaced that Washington had used a homophobic slur during the fracas. Then on Oct. 19, their costar T.R. Knight disclosed to PEOPLE that he is gay. "I'd like to quiet any unnecessary rumors that may be out there," he said in a statement, adding, "I hope the fact that I'm gay isn't the most interesting part of me."

Fallout from the turmoil has sparked talk of everything from hasty script rewrites of an impending onscreen fight scene (not true, says show creator Shonda Rhimes) to rumors that Washington would be fired, possibly to be replaced by former ER star Eriq La Salle.

"I found (those rumors) not only ridiculous but offensive that we would consider replacing a member of our family," Rhimes tells PEOPLE. "And also the (idea) that one black man was interchangeable with another seemed disturbing to me."

Rhimes also dismisses speculation that the mood on the set has been unusually tense. "The mood's what the mood's always been," she says. "We have a group of people who are more of a family than anything else. We have our fun days, and we have our days when people are tired and the work is hard."

On Tuesday's episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Grey's costar Katherine Heigl played down the incident, calling it "some scuffle There was a little burst of testosterone in the room, and then within five minutes ... they were totally fine."

Washington was scheduled to tape an interview with DeGeneres on Tuesday to air Wednesday, but canceled citing a scheduling conflict after Heigl jokingly warned DeGeneres to "step back" during Washington's appearance, USA Today reports.

So what actually happened between Washington and Dempsey? A set source says that when Knight, 33, was late to film a scene, a debate ensued between Dempsey and Washington, with Dempsey insisting on waiting for Knight before starting the scene. The argument quickly intensified, and the source says that yes, the alleged slur was used, but Knight was not present at the time.

"Isaiah was running his mouth off," says the source. "Isaiah verbally attacked Patrick he tore into him. Patrick's voice escalated and he did tell Isaiah to 'f off, (but) that was as heated as Patrick got."

Today, Rhimes tells PEOPLE, Dempsey and Washington "are fine" as are Washington and Knight. "They've had conversations," says Rhimes. "They did a really great scene together the other day." The whole affair, she says, "was four and a half seconds of one day in three years. I feel like we've already moved on."

http://people.aol.com/people/article...061025-1550408

I Was just about to post this, but you beat me to it. Glad to know that they are over that little spat.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

FORT Newbie
    Just read that tonight is going to be re-run because of last night cancelled World Series!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twisty pj;2117202;
    Just read that tonight is going to be re-run because of last night cancelled World Series!!!
    It might be a rerun, but not due to last night's cancelled game. It would be a rerun because of tonight's already scheduled game.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2117297;
    It might be a rerun, but not due to last night's cancelled game. It would be a rerun because of tonight's already scheduled game.
    Right-- I remember thinking Sunday when I got the weekly TV schedule, finally I have a night I can use to catch up on my tapes!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2117302;
    Right-- I remember thinking Sunday when I got the weekly TV schedule, finally I have a night I can use to catch up on my tapes!
    *gasp* You're not going to watch the game???? (Not that it's going to be on tonight, either, as the rain situation looks far worse than last night, even.)

One cool thing, however, is that Extreme Makeover has been cancelled on Friday nights after only one episode, so Grey's will run in the 8pm Friday slot as well for the forseeable future.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Stupid Baseball
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2116760;
    I honestly don't think she can make the distinction. With her naked ambition it's hard to say how much of her feelings for Burke are actually a reflection of her own aspirations
    Very true. I hope to see some personality growth toward a less egocentered Christine. She has some good in there, but she's still too much of an android to look outward.

+ Reply to Thread