+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I'm a little confused - if they do this replacement, is he going to play Preston Burke, or a new character to fill the black-surgeon role? I'm hoping MissKitty is right, they are trying to throw a little scare into Isaiah

However, if they must, any one of the three is fine by me.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey
    The list of potential actors to replace IW is all the proof I need to see that any rumors of his being written off are poppycock. One of the things I've always loved about the show is that it wasn't cast with any great concern paid to race. They cast the best actors, give the right characters the appropriate storylines, and race is essentially irrelevant to the show. Why in the world would they go completely against the way the show has been built all this time by saying "we must replace a hot black guy with a hot black guy"? It so goes against what they've done thus far that it must be false!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    It may very well mean that they are actually considering replacing the character, Dr. Preston Burke. For continuity, they'd replace one black actor with another. If they were introducing a whole new character, maybe they'd go down an ethnically different path.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Those both make sense.
    I think I've been watching too much Lost and 24. To expand on Misskitty's post, here's my idea on what is going on, based on reports that Isaiah is the problem ....
    (Purported thoughts of the production staff): "Isaiah has been a pain for a while. Let's give him an infirmity that could end Burke's surgical career, just to let him know he can be written off. If he continues being a pain, we leak out something that will justify firing him. Then we float out some names of replacements. This way we can find out how the fans feel about his behavior - does it justify termination, how they feel about the three replacements and would they accept a new Preston or prefer a new character. We'll also find out which of the three replacement actors are interested by who comes sniffing around."

It seems to me all the bases are covered: if Isaiah straightens up, no real harm done, they 'cure' him and life goes on; if they determine he has to go, they can figure out how to handle it based on the pre-responses of viewers.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I hope these are all just rumors, but if they are going to get rid of Isiah...I vote for Boris. OMG he is SMOKIN HOT
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2112653;
    Um, no... You can't drop a bomb like that and then not describe it in detail! DETAILS, girl, DETAILS!!!!
    When I lived in NYC in 2002, my company got free tickets to the premiere of "Brown Sugar." I went with a few coworkers, one of whom is majorly (and I do mean MAJORLY) into celebrity, fashion, etc... and she absolutely had to walk up to Boris and his wife, Nicole Ari Parker and "chat." She's so cute (my coworker).. I would have never had the guts. I'm too shy so unfortunately I said pretty much nothing except "hello" (although I was pretty darned impressed with myself that I even managed to sputter that much)

Unfortunately we never got close to Taye Diggs.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

AHHHHHHHH Taye Diggs.........
    Yup, with donuts!!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2113102;
    I hope these are all just rumors, but if they are going to get rid of Isiah...I vote for Boris. OMG he is SMOKIN HOT
    On the radio this morning, women were calling in to suggest possible replacements/eye candy. Blair Underwood won hands down, but I wouldn't mind Taye Diggs either.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2113118;
    I'm too shy so unfortunately I said pretty much nothing except "hello" (although I was pretty darned impressed with myself that I even managed to sputter that much)
    Hey, nothing wrong with being quiet and staring...

I missed the epi and the stream online keeps stopping on me. Is there a recap of last weeks epi somewhere on this thread?

+ Reply to Thread