+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I love Gray's. I love that the characters are flawed. That the characters have redeeming qualitys. Alex is a jerk with a big mushy spot. George is a wuss with a puppy dog personality and a strong loyalty streak. Christina is a freak who when push comes to shove, stands by those she loves, even if she can't admit to herself that she loves them. Mere is a whiney, trampy, confused, damaged, etc. but I would totally be friends with her were we running in the same circle. And Bailey, is there anyone who doesn't love Bailey? She is all kinds of wonderful. But even she drops the ball sometimes.

I love the show. I will love it whether Washington stays or goes. I admit not really being into his character, but I love Sandra Oh, so I have watched their scenes with interest because of her. But if he leaves the show "because" Burke can't be a surgeon anymore, I will not be sad. They will find someone to fill the hunky void. His homophobic rants can go elsewhere. His laying of hands on a co-worker can go elsewhere. It is not a long shot to believe that they would replace him.

1. His character is in a story arc where he could conceivably leave.
    2. Homophobic remarks hurt moral and there are serveral cast members with a higher profile than him.
    3. Physical scuffles are very troubling to any set. If he truly shoved or grabbed any cast member by the throat he should be gone.

I'm am sorry to all the IW fans, you guys and gals deserve better.

I have no info on whether he is staying or leaving, but this story just keeps getting worse and worse so I can see it happening. The show should be the story, not this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Izzie and her check are getting on my last nerve. Who puts an 8 million dollar check on the refrigerator because she doesn't know what good to do with it yet?!

There's no reason not to deposit that check and let it build some good interest while she's trying to figure out what to do with it. She could do even more good things with it if she allows it to grow even more. Sheesh, I know it's just a show but come on people.

Probably down the line she'll donate it to a cause that honors Denny. Maybe a heart related charity or even a new wing on the hospital dedicated to cardiac research. That is if the check doesn't accidentally get thrown out .

It makes sense to me that she sidelined the check.

She's decided in effect that she's not yet worthy of it. Cash it now, the cash takes control and I figure she'd prefer to honor Denny beyond just flushing the money down a figurative drainpipe.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    But by saying that she's not worthy of it, she's also saying that Denny didn't know what he was doing by leaving the money to her. I'm with Archie on this one. I would've deposited the check into CD so it would grow interest while she was deciding what to do with it. Even if she decided to donate it ALL to charity, she'd be able to donate even more if she lets the interest compound. Plus, whether she cashes it or not, won't she have to pay taxes on it ('cause Denny's estate will file paperwork stating how his money was divided up)? So she's going to need to use some of that money (about 1/4 to 1/3, no?) just on taxes alone. Get the interest working for ya, Iz! Buy a house (great investment) so you'll have a home to live in regardless of whether you go back to being a doctor (of course she will) or until you decide what you want to do.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    If she bought a house she couldn't live with Mer and George in Mer's mom's house.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2111905;
    If she bought a house she couldn't live with Mer and George in Mer's mom's house.
    Well, there's always that! But I'll bet she'd get George in the custody battle though!

LOL, I bet she would get George in the custody battle as well! So does that mean Meridith will get alimony?

I think the point of her not doing anything with the check is to show she is still not thinking rationally. And she just can't deposit the check. It could be a ten dollar check as far as she is concerned, I don't think it has really sunk in what it is. She talks and talks about being rich, but doesn't really believe it yet.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I like Izzie, but sometimes she gets on my nerves. Right now... she's on them

She recieved this money, and it was like she was walking around the hospital gloating. I could of gone through my TV and SLAPPED her when she went to Addison saying "You're rich right? I'm rich now too, and I'm so different than my friends. How do you overcome that?" All of this right in front of her friends! How egotistical!

Lets remember HOW you got the money Izzie... you almost KILLED him!

Callie I felt the same way about Izzie's proclaimations about her new found wealth.. but I thought by the end of the episode she had redeemed herself. She was brought up short by the realization that the money didn't change her or her desire to be a surgeon.. and that cheque is clipped to the fridge with a magnet until she can come up with something worthwhile to do with it.

I didn't get to see the previews for next week but it doesn't sound like I'm going to like it.

According to my In Touch magazine this week GA has been in talks with Eria Lasalle (Benton from ER) Bill Bellamy and Boris Kodjoe to replace IW. It could be just a fake out for him to pull up his socks but who knows??

Transcribed from In Touch Magazine dated Oct 30 2006
    "Are producers of Grey's Anatomy just trying to send a message to actor Isaiah Wasington, 43, or or will they really replace him? Insiders reveal the three actors - Fast Lane's Bill Bellamy,41, Soul Food star Boris Kodjoe, 33, and former ER doctor Eriq LaSalle, 44, - have met with excutive producer Shonda Rhimes since Isaiahs dust-up with co-star Patrick Dempsey on October 9. "Grey's Anatomy is bigger than just one actor," says insider. "It's about the emsemble and Isaiah threatens that chemistry."

Eriq
    Bill
    Boris

umm Boris is frikkin smokin hot!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    That's not a new picture of Eric, but he was always right up there on the hotness meter in his ER days.

+ Reply to Thread