+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2109484;
    OMG
    Just read that T. R. Knight ("George") has come out; he is gay. Yikes! Bless his heart.
    The word this morning is that he came out due to the Isaiah Washington/Patrick Dempsey fight. Apparently IW said something a bit obnoxious to PD that outed TR. The National Enquirer published the comment this week although it sounds like surprisingly they left the name out of the person that IW named.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Things that make me go "ugh" -
    McSteamy in bed with Addison, then Callie, then Addison again.
    He'll be the next one passing around V.D.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;2109826;
    Ughh, I am so sick of people in Hollywood being gay.

And this is just a personal preference, but I wish actors/actresses wouldn't play characters that aren't in line with their own sexual preference. The letdown is just too big. Now everything "George" the character does has to be judged in the context of being against the actor's personal sense of self. I would prefer that straight actors play straight characters, and gay actors play gay characters.

Just like I prefer that men play men, and females play females. Anything else is just too absurd, and it gets in the way of the story.

In a sense, this "coming out" has taken the story away from people who really enjoy believing the stories we love to relax/enjoy in our spare time.

I disagree. I think the very best actors have an ability to make you forget who they are in real life in any given movie, tv show, or play. There are certainly many who don't do that, but I blame that on lack of acting talent.

If you draw a line where gay people play gay characters only, and straight people play straight characters only, just where on that spectrum does the line stop? Can married actors only play married parts? Can actresses who are mothers be the only ones to play mothers?

Acting is about becoming a character. You don't need to have a life like that character in order to play it. You just have to have the ability - through empathy and compassion among other things - to fully understand that character and make your portrayal believable.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I am absolutely loving this season. Finally Meredith makes a choice only to get dismissed by McDreamy *shakes head* She definitely chose the wrong time to tell him the news. I hope they will be able to over come this.

The way Bailey handled herself with that obnoxious doctor was priceless. Hormones....LOL Good for her for finally taking a stand and being the comforting doctor she knows she could be.

Burke and Christina....I see something going really wrong with her letting him help with surgery. He needs to go to the chief and make him listen. Yes, he is a wonderful surgeon, but he is not 100% and knows it so shouldn't be operating.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2109919;
    I still can not get into Callie!
    Your post cracked me up, Callie. I agree with you though, there's always been something about her that just gives me the creeps. I can't put my finger on what exactly that is though.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2110141;
    Your post cracked me up, Callie. I agree with you though, there's always been something about her that just gives me the creeps. I can't put my finger on what exactly that is though.

I like her character, but I don't think there's a place for her on the show anymore. She worked as George's girlfriend, and did a good job of illustrating the problem that George is going to continue to face - giving everything to two women who are his best friends, neither of whom he'll ever be romantically involved with will cost him more relationships. But beyond that, I just don't see what role she'll play on the show. The show is all about the relationships of doctors who work in a hospital. She's broken up with George, and has such an individual streak that she doesn't really have ties to any of the other doctors. I think the time has come for her character to meet the same fate as the nurse who was in the middle of the STD storyline, and just not be seen anymore.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2109961;
    The word this morning is that he came out due to the Isaiah Washington/Patrick Dempsey fight. Apparently IW said something a bit obnoxious to PD that outed TR.
    THAT is so not cool.

A good actor/actress transcends the role they play. Who they are in their privates lives has nothing to do with the ability to play a character. Sandra Oh played a single mom in "Sideways." She played a lesbian in "Under the Tuscan Sun" (as did Kate Walsh). Now she and Kate Walsh play hetero doctors on "G.A." They're great actors who can portray just about any part they tackle. Good for T.R. for coming out. It's just too bad that he was kind of forced to come out by nasty circumstances.

FORT Fan
    Who cares if he is gay or not? I enjoy his work on the show. I will not view his character any differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2109961;
    The word this morning is that he came out due to the Isaiah Washington/Patrick Dempsey fight. Apparently IW said something a bit obnoxious to PD that outed TR. The National Enquirer published the comment this week although it sounds like surprisingly they left the name out of the person that IW named.
    Washington seems like a real dick.
    http://www.towleroad.com/2006/10/tab_isaiah_wash.html

Tab: Isaiah Washington Used Gay Slur in Grey's Anatomy Brawl

Greys_2An on-set confrontation between Grey's Anatomy co-stars Isaiah Washington and Patrick Dempsey which resulted in Washington grabbing Dempsey by the throat and shoving him was kicked up a notch this morning when the National Enquirer (the tabloid that broke news of the fight) revealed that Washington had used a gay slur during the confrontation:

The melee has set off World War III on the show and may cost Isaiah his job," an insider told The ENQUIRER. "The cast is divided over the shameful event."

As The ENQUIRER exclusively revealed last week, Patrick and Isaiah clashed over cast members being late to the set, right before shooting a scene at Prospect Studios in Los Angeles.

A heated discussion quickly escalated to violence when Isaiah snapped, revealed an eyewitness. At one point, Isaiah yelled, "I'm not your little faggot like (name deleted)," according to the source. Those who heard him were stunned.

The tabloid, however, refuses to identify who the gay slur was directed at, citing its 'extreme nature', however, Washington did refer to T.R. Knight as a "bitch" in earlier reports...

Now with all the McDreaminess and McSteaminess on the Grey's Anatomy set, there's bound to be some alpha male-style jockeying for position between the male co-stars, but these aren't the kind of blows one would want it to come to. More to come as we hear it, and if anyone has heard it, please send us an email...
    Then again, I've read a lot of 'net chatter than Dempsey is a jerk too. Reports of him being rude to fans on a regular basis, and a prima dona on set. Just not a homophobe like Washington, I guess.

These two idiots probably deserve each other.
    Last edited by Krom; 10-20-2006 at 01:34 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

So Addison asked Derek not to hurt Merideth and that's exactly what he's done. And in the previews he appears to be sleeping with someone else..... I HATE HIM!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread