+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Good for T.R. -- I admire him for coming out --- though I have known for awhile.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

No wonder why he wasn't interested in Callie

I just saw the news on T.R. I never would've known. WOW! I support him 100% for coming out. Okay that being said. Callie is wondering if she should tell George that she slept with McSteamy? Ummm....YES! He has a right to know. I'm really sorry but I have no sympathy for Callie's plight at all. I understand that she feels like she's 2nd place to Izzie and Mer but for crying out loud, how much does George has to do to show her that he loves her? Can someone tell me the actress who portrayed that pregnant woman with cancer that Bailey was working with? She looked an awful lot like the actress who portrayed the pregnant woman in Final Destination 2
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 10-19-2006 at 10:47 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    She is Justina Machado and, while I don't know about Final Destination 2, I do know that she played Vanessa, Federico's wife on 'Six Feet Under'.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-19-2006 at 11:54 PM. Reason: corrected actress' first name
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2109718;
    I just saw the news on T.R. I never would've known. WOW!
    I think he may have some of the mannerisms, but they are fairly muted. Then again, maybe some of this is perceptual, in an "it's only obvious after-the-fact" kind of way. I mean, he plays the "sensitive 'guy who is buddies with all of the gals'" type so well maybe its all too easy to infer stuff.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Ughh, I am so sick of people in Hollywood being gay.

And this is just a personal preference, but I wish actors/actresses wouldn't play characters that aren't in line with their own sexual preference. The letdown is just too big. Now everything "George" the character does has to be judged in the context of being against the actor's personal sense of self. I would prefer that straight actors play straight characters, and gay actors play gay characters.

Just like I prefer that men play men, and females play females. Anything else is just too absurd, and it gets in the way of the story.

In a sense, this "coming out" has taken the story away from people who really enjoy believing the stories we love to relax/enjoy in our spare time.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Damn! So Callie and Mark did hit the sack. But is he going to tell Addison?
    Mcstupid, acting indifferent to meredith's feelings is a sure way or not only pushing her away but also hurting her. What did Addi tell you, you moron!?

I was so ready for Bailey to completely devour that guy, instead she kept her cool and killed with kindness, and hormones. She was too good.

George was actually cute today at Callie's hotel room.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Meredith will have no memory of what Addison told her...as she was very drugged. However, Finn warned her. I feel no sympathy for her in any way.

I really liked tonights episode, in fact I think it is one of my favorites of the whole series.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;2109826;
    And this is just a personal preference, but I wish actors/actresses wouldn't play characters that aren't in line with their own sexual preference. The letdown is just too big. Now everything "George" the character does has to be judged in the context of being against the actor's personal sense of self. I would prefer that straight actors play straight characters, and gay actors play gay characters.

Just like I prefer that men play men, and females play females. Anything else is just too absurd, and it gets in the way of the story.
    Personal preference noted.

I don't mean that negatively, just acknowledging its presence. Not just in your case but in general, personal preference and/or perspective playing such a large role in society.

Myself, I don't get the letdown you describe, at least not often enough for it to affect how I view actors and actresses. I overall view characters by the roles they are in and the job they do with their role, whether its a series or one performace. But I can't say that I've never watched a character in one role without there being some slippage thought about their being gay in real life not creeping in.

I'm not going to view George differently now, but then again he never was a ladies man in a hound sense. He's most definately a ladies man in another, but I don't associate that with gay; just inexperience and self doubt.

An actor/acress should go where the work is in my estimation. Performing varied roles is something I don't believe can be dismissed, not if professional growth is sought as much as the cash that comes from a paying gig.

I don't understand your expressed preference that men play men and females play females.

???

Gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, transgender (and any I've missed) aside, there is tremendous breadth in difference in both male and female genders.

I believe the consensus definition of 'metrosexual' indicates one that is straight, but I don't see 'em ever being confused for 'manly' men, though they are. How couldn't they be, them being men? Same thing for the George character's sensitively inexperienced stereotype in real life. Now theres a man. A different flavor than testosterone excessed Brawny version, but without any doubt a man.

Females that distain current commercialized and enforced fashion sense, those that opt for a well enough paying trade like plumber, ironworker, carpenter, law enforcement, firefighting or the not so well paid military rather than going a nurse, clerk, caregiver type position, how are they possibly less than female?

There's quite a bit more diversity in personal rationales for individuals being as they are and doing what they do than connects with their sexuality.

In, of course, my opinion.

I still can not get into Callie! Seems like everyone loves her... but I just find her annoying! She's whiney, attention needy, and snotty.

I haven't cared for her since day one! Too bad though... her name is awesome

+ Reply to Thread