+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

But... I like her hair! There. I said it.
    I know George was in a tough spot, but I think I would feel insecure in Callie's shoes. George just told her he wasn't ready to move in together, and now, once again, he is taking off to help Izzie. Not that there is anything wrong with that, she did need him, but from Callie's point of view, he is making it clear that she is not important enough to come first.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Now unless I misunderstood it.... what Denny's dad said was that Denny didn't want to put his parents through the pain of his death, so he finally just took off. So in the resulting years the parents just thought/assumed that he had already passed away.
    Exactly. I think he was trying to spare his parents the pain of having to watch him die. He thought he was sparing them, when in reality they were probably tortured by NOT knowing what had happened to him exactly.

Now, Denny was an independently wealthy man? Or is his family rich, too? And how much did he leave Izzie--$8,700,000? That's kind of an odd figure (not that I'd mind if someone left that odd figure to me)! If he was independently wealthy, I hope he left some money to his folks, too.

ETA: A few things...there's no way Izzie could be that young and have paid off her medical school bills, even if she had worked while going to school. She doesn't come from a rich family so they didn't help. She did it all herself. I have friends/relatives who are doctors--and they had debts to pay for years after they finished school. And they all worked while they were in med school, too. Med school is freaking expensive, and she would've had to pay for rent, food, etc. in addition to tuition.

If I were the dad, that one conversation with her wouldn't convince me she wasn't a golddigger. We all know that she isn't, but how would he know? A golddigger could've said the exact same thing she did. Not that he could really do anything about it. His son is welcome to leave his money to whoever helikes.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 10-13-2006 at 01:18 PM.

I loved last night's show.

Particularly at the end with Bailey having to step in beside McSteamy and explain to the burn patient that it isn't about how he looks. It's about his loving wife and great friends. That's what matters. Booyah!

And I thought it was great that McDreamy backed down because he knew he might hurt Meredith again and like the Chief, decided to be the bigger man. But darnit Meredith had to ruin it all and leave poor Finn. I liked Finn and thought they might have a chance for at least half a season or so.

Well, pretty HOT stuff going to be going on with McTorrid and McSteamy! Not impressed with her that she would take anyone to bed that night let alone McSteamy. And why would he jump on the invite? Just because he's licking his wounds over Addison? That seemed a bit out of character for both of them.

Poor George. Always poor George. I agree he needed to be with Izzie. Sweetie that he is. It was good to see that Denny's dad finally got to meet Izzie and see how great she was and not some golddigger.

Boy, that phone message from Denny got me teary-eyed. How sweet was that. And the money! $8,700,000.00 How is that going to change things?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    Callie has a very up to date hairstyle prhoshay - you wouldn't like my hair either if you don't like Callies
    er......nothing personal there, Duxxy! My approval is not required!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Now, Denny was an independently wealthy man? Or is his family rich, too? And how much did he leave Izzie--$8,700,000? That's kind of an odd figure (not that I'd mind if someone left that odd figure to me)! If he was independently wealthy, I hope he left some money to his folks, too.
    I don't know why, but I already had the impression that he was rich. I think he may have said something to that effect last year. Maybe he teased her that she was only interested in him for his money?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post

Well, pretty HOT stuff going to be going on with McTorrid and McSteamy! Not impressed with her that she would take anyone to bed that night let alone McSteamy. And why would he jump on the invite? Just because he's licking his wounds over Addison? That seemed a bit out of character for both of them.
    I disagree that it was out of chracter for either of them. Callie has shown several times that she's not nearly as concerned with the rules as she is taking care of herself. She's also shown that she's insecure about her ability to attract a man. So she's feeling down and rejected by George -- what better way to pick herself up then getting some attention from a better looking guy ... who she can then make sure George finds out about. And McSteamy? Why wouldn't he jump at the invite? I think what we've seen of him thus far illustrates that he's a horndog. He had no problem at all hooking up with his best friend's wife. He didn't think twice about the chance to jump into bed with Meredith. Seems to me that McSteamy is one of those guys who is more than willing to accept the offer of most any willing woman.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    I don't know why, but I already had the impression that he was rich. I think he may have said something to that effect last year. Maybe he teased her that she was only interested in him for his money?
    I think that you're right Cricketeen. I can't remember specifically what Denny did or said to indicate it, but somehow in the back of my mind, I was under the impression that he had a lot of money too. Is it possible that Bailey said something to indicate that when his character was first introduced? Or, like you said, that it was mentioned in his teasing her. Whatever it was, it didn't come as a great surprise to me last night when his dad was questioning her obviously to figure out if she was a gold digger.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    I don't know why, but I already had the impression that he was rich. I think he may have said something to that effect last year. Maybe he was teasing her that she was only interested in him for his money?
    I remember him saying something like that to her, too. But almost in a joking way. But I didn't know if that was his money or family money.

Regarding Callie--I think one of the things that's ticking her off is how wishy washy George is. He doesn't really say what he does or doesn't want with her--but he's sure about his stance with his friends (who all seem to be females). Most likely, she will always come second to him after Izzie and Meredith and I think she realizes that. She wasn't unsympathetic to Izzie's plight. She brought food over for her in the last episode (or so).

She's too confident and successful for someone like George, who's more boy than man. McSteamy is a good match for her, but I'm sure the one-night stand that was implied is simply to throw a kink into the Addison-McSteamy and George-Callie relationships.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

ETA: A few things...there's no way Izzie could be that young and have paid off her medical school bills, even if she had worked while going to school. She doesn't come from a rich family so they didn't help. She did it all herself. I have friends/relatives who are doctors--and they had debts to pay for years after they finished school. And they all worked while they were in med school, too. Med school is freaking expensive, and she would've had to pay for rent, food, etc. in addition to tuition.
    Izzie paid for school by using her body, if you will recall. She was a very scantily clad model for a while, before she went to med school. I got the impression that it was on the line of Playboy-type modeling. Everybody knows that women are paid a lot of money for taking off their clothes when you look like Izzie. I think that could pay for med school, easily.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Regarding Callie--I think one of the things that's ticking her off is how wishy washy George is. He doesn't really say what he does or doesn't want with her--but he's sure about his stance with his friends (who all seem to be females). Most likely, she will always come second to him after Izzie and Meredith and I think she realizes that. She wasn't unsympathetic to Izzie's plight. She brought food over for her in the last episode (or so).

She's too confident and successful for someone like George, who's more boy than man. McSteamy is a good match for her, but I'm sure the one-night stand that was implied is simply to throw a kink into the Addison-McSteamy and George-Callie relationships.
    In George's defense - I get the impression that he hasn't had a lot of experience with women coming on strong to him. If he's not used to playing the role of the hot, highly desired man, then a lot of Callie's directness would really throw him for a loop. It could have helped things if Callie had recognized that, and backed off a bit. In a relationship, both people hold responsibility for making the other feel comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    In George's defense - I get the impression that he hasn't had a lot of experience with women coming on strong to him. If he's not used to playing the role of the hot, highly desired man, then a lot of Callie's directness would really throw him for a loop. It could have helped things if Callie had recognized that, and backed off a bit. In a relationship, both people hold responsibility for making the other feel comfortable.
    I agree completely. And then you add in the fact that Callie doesn't appear to have a lot of (any?) friends, so she appears to be very needy for attention, aka time.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread