+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I think I would love to see Meredith and Mark become drinking buddies! Nothing more though... I don't want to watch Meredith ruin whatever possibilities there are with Derek.

I would love to watch Derek try to deal with the fact that Meredith and Mark are becoming friends.

But it wasn't Merideth who called him McSteamy (or at least I didn't hear it) Callie was the one in the bar drinking with McSteamy. Then invited him back to the hotel. I'm sorry but that makes me sooo mad. For crying out loud, just because George wants to support a friend who's just been through a terrible ordeal doesn't mean that he doesn't love Callie. Callie needs to stop being so d*** insecure and believe that George loves her and get over it already. If she can't accept that he has female friends then she shouldn't be with him. My husband knows that I have male friends and it doesn't bother him at all. What is George supposed to do. Tell Izzie "Gee, I'm sorry. I know we're supposed to be friends and that as such, I should be willing to be there for you when you need me (after all that's what friends do for each other) but my girlfriend is an insecure, jealous, obsessive b**** who can't handle it so, I'm gonna have to stop being friends with you."? Please! And for Callie to use her vulnerability and insecurity to get back at George by taking McSteamy to bed is just cold!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    nilesgirl, when Meredith was being wheeled down the hall for surgery, Mark was standing at the nurse's station and she yelled over McSteamy
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fan
    What is the deal with Denny's father thinking that he was dead for all of those years? You think that he would have attended his funeral if he was dead? That part of the story did not make a whole lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    nilesgirl, when Meredith was being wheeled down the hall for surgery, Mark was standing at the nurse's station and she yelled over McSteamy
    Okay. I missed that. I still stand by my statement about Callie, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by adriansmommie
    What is the deal with Denny's father thinking that he was dead for all of those years? You think that he would have attended his funeral if he was dead? That part of the story did not make a whole lot of sense.
    What I got from that was that Denny and the dad had had a falling out way before that and Denny chose to cut him out of his life. He made no contact. If he were dying when his dad thought he was dead, he would make it clear to the doctors and nurses to not contact his family. He maybe even would tell them that he had no next of kin. No family. Therefore, the dad wouldn't have known whether Denny was dead or not and would not have known about funeral arrangements. Denny chose to finally reconnect with his dad because of Izzie. He was finally happy again and he wanted his dad to meet her. He thought the transplant was the end of his ordeal. (Otherwise he wouldn't have proposed to Izzie). That's my take on it. I've done my share of cutting family out of my life. For very good reason. So it makes perfect sense to me.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 10-13-2006 at 12:47 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    What I got from that was that Denny and the dad had had a falling out way before that and Denny chose to cut him out of his life. He made no contact. If he were dying when his dad thought he was dead, he would make it clear to the doctors and nurses to not contact his family. He maybe even would tell them that he had no next of kin. No family. Therefore, the dad wouldn't have known whether Denny was dead or not and would not have known about funeral arrangements. Denny chose to finally reconnect with his dad because of Izzie. He was finally happy again and he wanted his dad to meet her. He thought the transplant was the end of his ordeal. (Otherwise he wouldn't have proposed to Izzie). That's my take on it. I've done my share of cutting family out of my life. For very good reason. So it makes perfect sense to me.

Now unless I misunderstood it.... what Denny's dad said was that Denny didn't want to put his parents through the pain of his death, so he finally just took off. So in the resulting years the parents just thought/assumed that he had already passed away.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Oh. Okay.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I wish Callie would find someone to give her a decent haircut and a new 'do!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Now unless I misunderstood it.... what Denny's dad said was that Denny didn't want to put his parents through the pain of his death, so he finally just took off. So in the resulting years the parents just thought/assumed that he had already passed away.

That's what I got out of it too Broadway. Because if you remember at the end of the season last year, they said the body was going to his family.

I completely agree with you nilesgirl about Callie.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Callie has a very up to date hairstyle prhoshay - you wouldn't like my hair either if you don't like Callies
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread