+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey
    I think that the "something more" that Derek doesn't know about is either as Duxxy said, that it went on after Derek left OR that the night Derek found them which Addison said was the only time was not the only time and that it had been going on previously.

I love the dymanic between Bailey and McSteamy. It's perfect! Based on rankings, Bailey should be answering to McSteamy. But based on time at the hospital, Bailey would believe in her mind that she deserves more respect from McSteamy. I hope they keep that dymanic going for a while.

I love stone Meredith. Would it really demand too much suspension of reality for them to just make Meredith the permanently stoned surgeon?

I'm not so sure that just because Meredith chose Derek that things are done, and they'll be together. Derek was obviously feeling the guilt of what he's done to Meredith, and feeling unworthy of her last night. I think I'd like to see her losing both men because she didn't have her head on straight.

I also have to defend the issues between Callie and George ... and defend George. I love that they've done this storyline, because I think it's so realisitc. Callie was drawn to George because of his big heart. How does he display that big heart? By taking care of his friends. Yes Izzy and Meredith are somewhat like sisters to George (although he's been attracted to one if not both of them, so I'm not so sure just how sisterly it is). But Callie has no way of really knowing that. I've seen many cases before where a new girlfriend is jealous and uneasy by a guy's best friend being another woman. (I've been the best friend making the new girlfriend uneasy before). No one in such a situation is doing anything wrong. But it is a tricky dynamic to jump into without reservation. There comes a point in a relationship where each person has to put the other above all other relationships. Sometimes, that's a husband taking his wife's side rather than his mothers. Sometimes, it's telling a friend "I'll be there later" in order to be there for your boyfriend. Callie was obviously at the point in their relationship where she was ready to put George above everyone else. George was not there. The big question is, would George have EVER been there?

Oh, and ABC's plan is to make EVERY episode of Grey's available on line each week after it's aired, so that will always ben an option if you miss an episode. They're testing a program where local affiliates get to sell 1 commercial, and they're selling 2 others which must run before you get to watch the show. As long as the local and network sales forces are successful in selling the spots, on-line will be an option for viewing if your satellite goes out, Tivo fails, or happy hour goes too long.

Addison telling Derek not to hurt Meredith again and the look on his face - loved that one.

I agree with you, Veruka, about the Callie and George thing, I also see it as her extreme insecurity. Wondering if she will ever matter as much as the girls, (prematurely) deciding she won't, and getting out before she gets hurt again.

I had a little trouble with Cristina and Burke last night. He commented that she was only interested in "Burke the Surgeon" and in typical fashion, she shut down. No problem with that. Then she basically said she'd cover for him in surgery and he seemed happy with her. So.... What just happened there? I thought he was looking for reassurance that she loved him regardless of his stature in the hospital. I realize he's grateful that she has his back, but shouldn't that have hurt him even a little?
    The shaking hands, her covering for him. Something bad is gonna happen.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post

I agree with you, Veruka, about the Callie and George thing, I also see it as her extreme insecurity. Wondering if she will ever matter as much as the girls, (prematurely) deciding she won't, and getting out before she gets hurt again.
    I like the way you've worded this. It made me realize just what polar opposites Callie and George are. Callie is very confident in herself professionally, and in many other areas of her life. But when it comes to relationships, she's quite insecure. As a result, she constructs a strong barrier around herself, avoiding relationships and situations where she may get hurt. She'd rather protect herself from getting hurt than take the risk of putting herself out there too much. George on the other hand is rather insecure about himself professionally and socially, but is very confident in his relationships with those closest to him. He'd hold himself back professionally to protect himself from failing, but has little hesitation in putting himself out there for the peole he cares about most.

In both cases, they show glimmers of a desire to step out of their insecurities (Callie telling George she loves him, George stepping up to do the surgery in the elevator when they were stuck). But those glimmers don't come often, and more often than not they're followed up by quick retreat.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Broadway, your avatar always reminds me of Brad Pitt from "Fight Club."

I had a big problem with Christina last night. It was so obvious that she WANTED Burke to be 100% again that she wasn't being a good doctor. She wasn't seeing all the signs that he wasn't ready. HE is a confident surgeon and knows how great he is when he's completely healthy. She refused to see that he wasn't, even when he was trying to make it clear--without saying it. (That said, he should've just flat out told her.) When Derek was giving him his check, he seemed so distracted that he wasn't paying close attention either. As Burke said, "He shouldn't have cleared me." (or whatever he actually said) And I hate the idea of Burke going back to work when he's not ready. That's just bad medicine!

FORT Fogey
    I can't say I'd find it all that unusual for a doctor to clear a co-working doctor to come back to work more as a favor than because it was the right thing to do. (not right, but also not surprising). The part there that just didn't work for me was that Derek was the exact opposite with the chief last year when he had to clear him to come back to work. The chief was better and ready to go back to work, and Derek was so reluctant to clear him - as if he was overcompensating to make sure he wasn't just throwing a favor to a friend. So if Derek was so careful then, why would he be so careless this time?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Last night's episode was fantastic. This is the one show for me that is a DO NOT MISS either. Hubby too.

Stoned Meredith was hilarious. She had me rolling on the floor when she called Mark McSteamy. The banter between them was so cute.

Poor George.....he has such a big heart and cares for his friends so much that it is making Callie so insecure. She needs to remember that part of the reason she was drawn to him was because of his heart. But he also has to start putting her first once in a while.

Addison telling McDreamy to not hurt Meredith again was pricelesss. That is what made him open his eyes and see that he isn't as great as he thought he was.

McSteamy was really starting to get on my nerve last night with his attitude, but quickly redeemed himself when talking to Meredith.

Burke and Christina....did not like the way their conversation ended in the morgue. She should have told him she loved him for him not because he was a surgeon
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Veruka, I think 'cause he was obsessing about Meredith (wasn't he?) while he was examining Burke. I think also because Burke is younger, Derek gave him leeway.

And I don't know. I kinda side with Callie on this one. George is a good friend but a pretty lame boyfriend. And as the girlfriend, I don't think she should always put her feelings and needs on the back burner. George could've neutralized the situation by saying, "Izzie really needs her friends around tonight. Can I take you out tomorrow night or stop by later tonight?" If Izzie needs George to stay with her 24/7, then that's a whole different problem.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 10-13-2006 at 11:53 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post

Burke and Christina....did not like the way their conversation ended in the morgue. She should have told him she loved him for him not because he was a surgeon
    But does she? Christina never missed a chance to slam Finn for not being a "real doctor" because he's a vet. I DO think that Christina has a lot more feelings, and cares for people a lot more than she'll ever let on to the outside. But at the same time, I think that a lot of her initial attraction to Burke was his ability as a surgeon and aura of prestige in the hospital. Obviously their relationship has grown since then, and he's given her a lot more to be attracted to. But I think that to some degree, his being a great surgeon IS a lot of the reason for Christina's attraction to him. In addition, Christina doesn't like change, hardship, or sacrifice. To acknowledge the difficulty Burke is facing right now would force her to deal with all three of those.

You know, Meridith and Dr. McSteamy would make a fun pair for awhile. Even just as drinking buddies, but I find the interactions between them to be fun and intriguing.

I think what made Burke feel better with Cristina was her support at the end, however inappropriate the actual action would be. I don't think for a minute that Burke will let himself operate until he is ready, but Christina having his back, had to make him feel better.

I also felt the teaser of Alex and Addison. I hope they don't go this route, but it does feel like it is coming. Addison compared him to Mark and since she is going cold turkey with Mark...
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    [QUOTE=AsIs;2101976]You know, Meridith and Dr. McSteamy would make a fun pair for awhile. Even just as drinking buddies, but I find the interactions between them to be fun and intriguing.

[QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing AsIs. It would be very interesting to say the least
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread