+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    That wasn't my point, and you know it, Veruka. :nono

People have taken this argument where Isaiah Washington was pissed off about TR being late to work and have turned it into a shallow little fight about Isaiah being jealous of Patrick Dempsey. The deliberate turning this into a "X is hotter than Y" and "Y is just jealous because black men don't get the good roles" is silly and demeaning towards both men.

Laugh your ass off all you want at the fact that they got into each other's faces and made macho idiots of themselves (perhaps), but damn... pretty soon everyone will be overanalyzing it to the extent that we're soon going to be surmising that PD was caught cheating with IW's wife.
    Broadway, I think you used the wrong quote. The quote you used asked you how you got your avatar. It had nothing to do with the Dempsey/Washington match. So, how did you get your avatar?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Broadway, I think you used the wrong quote. The quote you used asked you how you got your avatar. It had nothing to do with the Dempsey/Washington match. So, how did you get your avatar?
    No. I used the right quote.

But in response to your question as to how I got my avatar... I just googled it after AmyLee's inspiration and made it myself.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

The quote you used, though said "Broadway how did you choose your av?" That didn't say anything about the fight. Anyway. Thank you for clearing it up. McSteamy is definitely McHot.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Stoned Meredith was TOO funny!
    We knew Meredith would pick Derek - Chris O'Donnell is only a guest star.

So I guess everyone has a fresh start now - besides Christina and Burke they are all suddenly single.

McSteamy and Callie?? Flames that burn hot flash and burn out quickly. Why can't Callie see that Meredith and Izzy are like George's sisters? She's jealous of his sisters. I know she's got inferiority issues but she might be better off with some space.. and some Steam for a while
    Meredith yelling McSteamy!! had me rolling!
    You're gonna have a Mcbaby!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Regarding the show, this is my one don't miss show. I love this show, the actors, the writers, everything. Sorry to see Finn go, would have liked to see Meridith date longer. But actor's contracts and all. *sigh* Sandra Oh is awesome. I knew it before this show, but her awesomeness grows and grows. And Baily didn't need to show down with McSteamy, she showed him up at the end. And he knew it.

Regarding the fight. Egos are egos, but putting your hands on someone else is just uncalled for. If that is indeed what happened. But grain of salt, Media almost always blows these stories up bigger than they really should be. And one thing is certain, both those guys had to see down in front of Chandra and feel like macho jerks for taking away from the awesomeness of the show.

And if TR was late or whatever, that is the domain of the stage manager or director, not the actor's. If Washington said something out of line to him, than bad on him. Not his job.

It is a shame that while I was watching McD test Burke's hand that my mind settled on thier dispute for even a second. I bet they both will be on good behavior for quite some time.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

AsIs it is unprofessional to be late for work no matter who you are.

I can't say that I blame IW for being upset.. from what I read the lateness is an ongoing problem - seems to me that it's TR. K that has the prima donna problem - not IW

Yeah, time is definitely money.

Anyhow, i like how Meredith finally told Mark his nick name. His smile can just melt your shirt off.

I think it's possible he did go up to her hotel room, possibly he didn't. I swear i don't recall him actually walking away with her. Hell, id go into the closet with him.
    One of George's problems is that he lacks tact. And general respect for Callie's feelings.

As for next week, i wonder how far Sloan's relationship went with Addison.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    I'm sorry Amy Lee. I've tried to respect your wishes, but I am know official throwing my hat into the ring for McSteamy. He may be a jerk, but he is one good-lookin' jerk.

Nice avator Broadway.
    I'll destroy all of you.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Off of the cuff this morning... something I've been wondering about since last season when they first hinted at something deeper between Addison and Mark is whether she actually got pregnant/had a miscarriage/abortion. I can't remember whether we've talked about this before in the thread.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Broadway I thought they were talking about the fact that up until Addison came to Seattle she had been playing house with Mark in NY - Derek has no idea about this and she's keeping 'the whole truth' from him.

I'm curious to see what the "whole truth" is too. I think it's something other than a pregnancy and something more than the two of them playing house in NY after Derek left.

After last night, I'm more convinced they are setting up something between Alex and Addison.

Izzy listening to the phone message had me in tears.

And, I'm a big Callie fan, but I wanted to kick her last night. Feeling insecure is one thing but not being able to understand that being there for his friends one of whom was dealing with the death of her fiance and the other of whom had an emergency appendectomy was more important than going to dinner on a random night was immature. Picking up McSteamy at the bar? Aack.

That scene between loopy Meredith and Addison is one of the reasons I love this show. Addison telling Meredith that she only told her what she did because Meredith wouldn't remember it was classic.
    Last edited by Mariner; 10-13-2006 at 10:21 AM.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread