+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    Entertainment Tonight is saying that nothing became physical and that Isaiah apologized to everyone and the two were reading scripts together by the end of the day. The rest of the crew now has to work Sunday to make up for lost time on the set because of the fight.
    Just the crew? Must have taken a while to kiss and make up if they lost so much time that they need an extra day of production. I suspect ET is stretching the truth a little to push the fight story and they are really into overtime because T. R. was late. Not being a patient person myself, I'd give him a hard time for it, too.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Isaiah said they were nose to nose, i doubt the whole neck thing was true.
    I was thinking though, why is Dempsey getting all the attention though? I recall being a big fan 5 yrs ago but now im over it. I no longer get the fascination with him. Though Washington has nothing to worry about, he's a legit, respected actor. You may not be getting all the big roles, Washington, but you aren't any less and i don't doubt your devotion.

Eric looks so fine in this pic.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey
    I think that Patrick Dempsey gets a lot of attention for 3 reasons - people remember him from his 80s movie days so he's a bit of a comeback story, he's good looking, and he and/or his publicist is willing to put out aspects of his personal life in order to get him more attention.

For the most part, I believe that celebrities who get a lot of attention for their personal lives (George Clooney, Jennifer Anniston, Jessica Simpson as examples) don't have the acting talent of others in the industry, so they know they have to be liked as personalities in order to make it. Actors who have substantial talent as actors (Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster, Russel Crowe) don't put as much out there about their personal lives because their acting talent stands on its own to get them jobs. There are times when such people are in the news - such as Jodie Foster having her children and the speculation over who the father was - but that's typically generated by the press and not the stars themselves.

Applying this thought process, I'd argue that while both men are very good on the show, Washington has more acting talent than Dempsey. So he relies on his talent to get parts, and Dempsey has to combine his talent with his looks and personality to get jobs.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    There's also the problem of actors of color not getting major roles in general. I really like the diversity that's on Grey's in that sense.

I think Isaiah Washington is a better looking man (and a better actor) than Patrick Dempsey--but I don't think he appeals to the "norm" as much as Dempsey does. Personally, I think Burke is the best looking character on the show (followed by a tie between Finn and McSteamy).

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Which charactor is "T. R. "? I think of these people by their charactor names, have trouble remembering their real names unless I've seen them in other shows.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Which charactor is "T. R. "? I think of these people by their charactor names, have trouble remembering their real names unless I've seen them in other shows.
    George.

You know... I have to say that I'm really disappointed that this has turned into an analysis of who is the better looking person simply because someone has speculated that Isaiah Washington is jealous of Patrick Dempsey.

Why does there have to be such a superficial reason behind the fight? They have said that IW got upset because of a time delay in filming which is a perfectly human reaction whether you're black, white, asian, good actor, bad actor, whatever. Why must we make this about something so shallow?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Oh come on--if this were a case of two of the female cast members fighting, there'd be cat fight comments flying all over all the boards! It's not fair, but part of an actor's appeal is his looks. They'll be the first ones to admit that no matter how shallow that might be, that's a part of their career.

FORT Fogey
    Broadway, how did you choose your avatar?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I'm sorry Amy Lee. I've tried to respect your wishes, but I am know official throwing my hat into the ring for McSteamy. He may be a jerk, but he is one good-lookin' jerk.

Nice avator Broadway.
    Last edited by rt1ky; 10-12-2006 at 11:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread