+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey
    I think that the birth control / pregnancy issue is one that writers just can't win. If you had a show where characters were sleeping around as often as they are on Grey's, and pregnancy and/or STDs were NEVER brought up as an issue, we'd all be saying "Just how realistic is it that these people could have this much casual sex and never face any consequences?" On the flip side, when they write those things in, we sit back and say "Don't they know better?" But I gotta say ... if this was a show where characters didn't sleep around, and didn't face the drama of pregnancy, STDs and other things, I'd be bored with it and probably wouldn't watch. I don't watch Grey's for realism, and I'm glad they don't bore me with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    But I gotta say ... if this was a show where characters didn't sleep around, and didn't face the drama of pregnancy, STDs and other things, I'd be bored with it and probably wouldn't watch. I don't watch Grey's for realism, and I'm glad they don't bore me with it!
    Exactly!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Unplanned pregnancies are the least of the unlikely things to happen on this show! Finn AND Shepard fighting over Meredith? I don't think so...

FORT Fanatic
    I definately agree - I don't watch TV for the realism either! Its nice to get away from real life once in a while!!

http://community.tvguide.com/thread....adID=700008710

Anatomy's Fray: Washington Vs. Dempsey

The New York Daily News confirms a tabloid's report that push came to shove this week for two Grey's Anatomy stars. As the story goes, Isaiah Washington and Patrick Dempsey were arguing over the tardiness of cast members when Washington chided T.R. Knight, prompting Dempsey to tell Washington to "pick on somebody his own size." Washington "became enraged," The Enquirer tells it, "grabbed Patrick by the throat and shoved him." The News' own spy denies that Washington got physical, but confirms that "Isaiah said some disgusting things," allegedly stemming from some jealousy over his rival's high profile. A rep for Dempsey tells the News "there was an argument in any close-knit family, people argue but everybody made up and went back to work."

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    http://community.tvguide.com/thread....adID=700008710

Anatomy's Fray: Washington Vs. Dempsey

The New York Daily News confirms a tabloid's report that push came to shove this week for two Grey's Anatomy stars. As the story goes, Isaiah Washington and Patrick Dempsey were arguing over the tardiness of cast members when Washington chided T.R. Knight, prompting Dempsey to tell Washington to "pick on somebody his own size." Washington "became enraged," The Enquirer tells it, "grabbed Patrick by the throat and shoved him." The News' own spy denies that Washington got physical, but confirms that "Isaiah said some disgusting things," allegedly stemming from some jealousy over his rival's high profile. A rep for Dempsey tells the News "there was an argument in any close-knit family, people argue but everybody made up and went back to work."
    Entertainment Tonight is saying that nothing became physical and that Isaiah apologized to everyone and the two were reading scripts together by the end of the day. The rest of the crew now has to work Sunday to make up for lost time on the set because of the fight.

Isaiah is probably angry and frustrated, because Patrick gets all the magazine covers, the movie deals, the endorsements and most of the attention. It really isn't Patrick's fault. Isaiah strikes me as someone with a low tolerance level for BS. Hopefully, he will realize that a hit television show is hard to come by, especially one of this magnitude and just enjoy the ride.

I don't think the "medical emergency" will be a pregnancy. Nausea, abd pain can all be signs of appendicitis. My money is on ruptured appy and Mer needs surgery prompting Finn and Derek to put their best feet forward to take care of her as she recovers...

If there are to be any pregnancies this season, my bet would be Addie would be knocked up after her steamy shower sex with Derek **even though Derek was thinking about Meredith when he invited his wife in the shower. I think that would be the interesting conflict with no possible resolution for everyone....

Hmmm, I read that Washington was in competition with Dempsey for the Derek Shepherd role, and Dempsey won out. Then Washington bumped someone else who almost had the Burke role sewn up.

The show is GREY's Anatomy. Meredith is the main character. Not Derek. Not Preston. Meredith. Get over yourselves, guys.

FORT Fan
    I heard on E news that there was a lot of tension when the guys were filming a camping scene on location in Seattle and when they returned back to the regular set things boiled over between Isiah and Patrick.

+ Reply to Thread